Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

This is my Ferrari as of 1-18-02. It's a nice example of one of the series' firstborn, S/N 19399, a fiberglass 308 GTB manufactured in May, 1976. I could only dream of owning one back then. This is the dealership's photo. I'll post my own soon.

Barry

Attachments

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, this is my first. I'm just getting familiar with it during these first few months of ownership. I know I will advance my driving skills and will learn much from this car.

I wish you luck with this fine website.

Barry

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
I can't wait to see your one pics.
do you have morefrom the dealership??
I saw a white 412 standing next to your beauty

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank-you, Dirk

The dealership shots aren't all that great. I'll be taking my own later this week and I'll post them.

Yes, that's a 412 next to it. I was originally interested in a QV and he had an 83 and 85 there that day. The 76 Fiberglass was his own personal car which he had just recently listed. I had driven some carburetted 308s during my search and was keeping an open mind as far as an early 308. The carbed 308s I had driven all seemed to be in need of synchronization. I drove the 85 and 76 that day (someone left a deposit on the 83 the day before). Well, the 76 performed better than the QV. It was perfectly in tune and the carbs well-synched. So I left my deposit as soon as we exited the car. I'll be letting his fine mechanic, who specializes in Porsche racers, continue caring for the car.

Barry

·
Registered
286 Posts
308 GTB

Barry, That GTB looks great. Stay tuned and we will have you working on it yourself. The accomplishments you experience by working on it yourself is no comparison to some one else doing the work for you. Enjoy and stay tuned. Brgds, Magoo

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Peter and Magoo. I can do easy stuff confidently. I thought the headlights would be easy! I deferred that because I had visions of those C-rings flying out into parts unknown. I know I can do the oil change. that's why I enjoy reading these posts and asking questions. In this fashion, I can learn my limitations, when to refer.

I know that I've been completely amazed at how you've done major repairs and rebuilds on your own. What's really nice about this type of forum is the photographic documentation. Better than any service manual, that's for sure!

Barry

·
Registered
45 Posts
Dirk since I have always wanted a Ferrari and now own one, i want my own webpage too about my Ferrari.
Thanks for keeping my LUST going.

When I'm dead, i wonder what I will want then.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you, Andrew. I enjoy and appreciate the car more each day. It's true that the car runs better when driven frequently and I have done just that. I have put on over 600 miles since January, most of those miles in the past two months. It's a pleasure to drive and it's a pleasure to hear those induction sounds coming from the compartment just behind me.

I took those pictures last Saturday after coming home from a drive through a nearby park. While in the park, I came across another car enthusiast. He was doing the same thing in his 1966 Series 1 E-type. I took this picture of this mini-concours.

Regards,
Barry

Attachments

·
Registered
454 Posts
Barry,

Thank you for the nice comments about my car. I just love these early B's as well. How often do you drive yours? What kind of gas mileage? Have you done any group drives and if so, where? I'm moving to Raleigh, NC and am really looking forward to my first group drive. Thanks again for the post. Beautiful car. Forza, Dane

1 - 20 of 49 Posts