Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Guys. I just took a good look at the pics and the discription. I'm very tempted, because I love to restore a Ferrari oneday (I prefer to do this next to an Ferrari that drives, but...).

Does somebody know more about salvage cars in Europe? Or what shipping cost will be?
I convinced my girl a few days ago it would be fun to build a Cobra replica, and I'm cathering info on that right now, but if I can buy an abused Ferrari... ...I will think twice.

...we plannend to spent no more 15.000 euro (starting price), cost can add up after that, but that doesn't matter( :-? ).

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Restoring costs a LOT of money. A lot needs to be done by experts and those aren't cheap. A kitcar is fun to build, and you know the cost before you start building it.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Dr. Bob said:
Restoring costs a LOT of money. A lot needs to be done by experts and those aren't cheap. A kitcar is fun to build, and you know the cost before you start building it.
That's true. We planned to spend about 25k euro on a the cobra in the end. If I can sell it after that it, it would be nice to make even. sell it for 25 or more, so I could buy my first mondial or so...
...I got a garage I may use for free, so that's no problem. Also paint costs are very low, because my brother in law told me I could paint it at his garage for free. I think I have to do a lot of thinking... :-?

Here's the kit I'm thinking about.

·
Registered
776 Posts
If it is a Cobra replica you are wanting to build...you need to look into these guys...

http://www.factoryfive.com/

I have seen and driven the cars they "build" and all I can say is...DAMN! They are sweet! There is actually a factory near where my Grandmother lives and I stopped by one day to have a look-see and was really impressed with their shop and knowledge. When I get around to building one...they are who I am going with.

(You can also order a free DVD showing the cars and the company)

·
Registered
613 Posts
There are so many company's around!
I'm taking my time to decide witch is the best and decide what I want. The company I found is in holland, so that is good to get assistance, but the one from 360Spyder looks very good... ...and is not so expensive, the problem is the fact that it's oversea. :roll:

To bad I can't order the dvd, they do not ship oversea... (the dvd that is)...I think I'll have to mail them.

But that Zetta is a very good option to :wink: :green:

·
Registered
776 Posts
marcos said:
To bad I can't order the dvd, they do not ship oversea... (the dvd that is)...I think I'll have to mail them.
I'll get one and send it to you if you want one.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Remember what you will have after you are finish with your labor, a Ferrari or a Kit Car. You be the judge.

8)

·
Registered
300 Posts
marcos said:
360 Spyder said:
marcos said:
I'll get one and send it to you if you want one.
:D That would be great! Please tell me how we are going to do this...?
He'll trow it in the ocean and let the surf do the rest! And hope it hits the beach in Holland, all you have to do is pick it up :green:
This is why I like this site so much. Helping hands all over the place.

·
Registered
770 Posts
4kids3fish said:
Does this come with fittings for a V8 Bazil?
I'm sure a man of some talent could squeeze one in somehow!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts