Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On track @ Brands Hatch y'day. When asked if he had a contemporary Ferrari to use as an every day vehicle. "Oh yes I've got a 275" was the reply. Really genuine top bloke

Attachments

·
Registered
509 Posts
At least he has his priorities! ha

:eek:

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Sounds like this guy has a great choice whatever the weather. Nice pics Tony. Chassis number 0454MD, but I guess you all knew that :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Lovely car

Dear Tony,
What a beautiful Ferrari, I am fascinated by the 500's 1955 500 Mondial Series II Scaglietti Spyders. Can you tell me more about the car, it's specs etc? Can you tell me more about the scoop on the drivers side sill and the big power bulge on the bonnet? Were they put there for any particular purpose? I can't work out why there's a power bulge on the bonnet, it was my understanding that although the engines in this model always ran very close to the bonnet line there was always enough clearance.
Regards
Andy

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
0454md

Not sure about the side scoop, cooling for something, but the bonnet bulge is presumably from when this car had a Chevrolet :( engine installed ! There are quite a few 500 Mondial body styles but this appears to be the only one of the Scaglietti spiders without a smooth bonnet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts