Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have original documentation for a Blue 1953 Ferrari 375 America that was imported by my Father in 1958 from Italy, restored, and won the 1972 Concours d'Elegance first place at Hollywood Bowl. This car was sold about 1975. I'm trying to track down the current owner to see if there is any interest in obtaining this information. Documents include original Bill of Lading, owners manual, restoration and sale notes and letters.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1953 375 America Additional details and picture

This car is shown on page 44 of the book by Warren and Richard, "Ferrari, the Sports and Gran Turismo Cars", 1968. It is also discussed on pages 171 and 207 in the book by Hans Tanner, "The Ferrari", 1960, 1st edition.

·
Registered
824 Posts
It was also mentioned in MArcel Massini's book 'Ferrari by Vignale' on page 187-188. I believe he tracked down the current owner already.

Niels

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still looking for current owner-latest information is that the car was sold by Wayne Golomb in 1995 to Dennis Machul, Barchetta lists unknown sale 1995-1997. I have found original 2" x 2" color and B&W negatives of the car and engine, as well as slides dating from 1961-66. T. Shaughnessy thinks the car may be in Ohio?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1953 375 America SN 0353 AL

Still haven't found who the current owner is. I will try and post some scans of the photos I have, and update the register with the information I have. If anyone has any information I'd appreciate hearing from you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts