Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Normally i'm gonna try and go for the weekend
but i'm having difficulty finding a good hotel in the neighbourhood that isn't full :eek:

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
OOh Don't worry
i'll probably have a few 1000

Well your the first here that asks for me to share pics of the events.
I've posted some, but only T-Boy responded
Like nobody cares about some nice Ferrari's :-?

·
Registered
824 Posts
Not to start a flame war, or to offend someone but it can take ages to upload pictures (still on a phone line). Then you have to see if the pictures are cool enough to take the time for it. Then you will see generaly modern cars in all colours, not the very special ones (read: classics!).

For me personally: I am only interested in my own pictures. Not to say that I do not like others, on contrary, but if I haven't been to the event I can see the items on lots of websites and in lots of magazines (Cavallino, Forza, and several others).

That is why you would never see me asking for pictures of others, I have quit a lot myself. I also do not want to bore people with too many pics taken by myself. Only when asked of course, I will be happy to post them. Or when I want to make some clear (like the license plate stuff (I like that!) etc.)

Again, please be not offended, but that might be the reason for some others as well, it definately is the reason for me. Most of the time, I do not bother to watch a picture when it is one of many on an event.

Just my personal opinion, please do not be offended and please do not start throwing flames at me. Probably others are more interested in it than I am, but I think this is why there might be not much 'asking' for it.

Niels

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Maybe i won't throw flames, but a something else :wink: :green:

KIDDING

no, ofcourse,
The problem is, and this is my opinion, in the mags there aren't enough pics, and on websites they usually post too small pics.
So you tend to take a lot of pics too

Your on a tel line??
Damn that sucks

·
Registered
824 Posts
Yes it sucks a bit and it costs a damn lot of money :evil:

But that is where a hobby is good for, right. I collect too many things:

1/43 Ferraris and racing cars of Dutch drivers
Ferrari magazines (I want to have Cavallino complete, but luckily am almost there!)
Ferrari books
Ferrari gadgets
and have to take a lot of pictures!

As for the mags, you are right but I like those pictures (mostly professional photographers) and I like a short report of what I missed. Then I can make up my mind by going the next time it is held or not.

Niels

·
Registered
824 Posts
There are more events I definately want to visit:

Cavallino Classic
Monterey (2004 is Ferrari year, I believe)
Pebble Beach

etc.
etc.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
250lm said:
There are more events I definately want to visit:

Cavallino Classic
Monterey (2004 is Ferrari year, I believe)
Pebble Beach

etc.
etc.
I'm gonna try to go to one of those next year

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My understanding is that the Monterey Historics and Pebble Beach are stops for the Pan American Rally anyway...Maybe you should join us. It should be the ultimate car fan vacation! :D

cheers!

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Well, who knows, i'm thinking of doing one big Ferrari event (or classic) in the States next year.
But i don't wanna go alone, and the guy that want's to go with me is in college, so that might be a problem.
But i still have enough time to plan, and figure out how much that joke is gonna cost me

·
Registered
38 Posts
Will be heaven, Enzo may be there :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts