Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally started my custom 456...here you will find a before and a right now picture. Next week (Hopefully - weather permitting) she will be painted then reassembled.
Right now she has a flat black primer coat for the special paint she will recieve.
What do you guys think so far?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Looks good so far. What is the special paint?

·
Registered
895 Posts
So far so good it seems. Reminds me of my modelling...

Yes, I too am wondering, what's this special paint you speak of? :p

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, let's see...it's DuPont Chromallusion paint. (Color changing paint - about $2500 U.S. Dollars per gallon) The color I chose is one which has about 7 different colors at different angles. Primarily it is a blue to green to purple. Red, gold, black, and yellow can be seen in it as well if held right. It is VERY hard to capture the true look of it by camera, but here are some pics of a 1:64 F40 I did in the color...

Attachments

·
Registered
895 Posts
Ahh! I see. Very nice. I bet the 456 will look great when it's done. But that's some pretty expensive paint! :eek:

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I figured a GTS would be the easiest to start out with. A spider will be next if this one turns out well.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
la-loutre said:
Yes I do it myself

And the last one, but not finish
ha, i know to what car your building that one :wink:

but you do have to make it the correct colour then, silver (bare metal sheet actually)

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
cuz the only GTO convertible (conversion from a GTE if i remember correctly) was the first time shown in it's bare metal, so silver
don't know if it's still around or if it's painted in the meantime

1 - 18 of 18 Posts