Ferrari Life Forum banner

1/18 348 Spider

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Dr. Bob 
#1 ·
I have a collection of 1/18 scale cars including a 348 TB & 355 Spider.

I've recently been lucky enough to buy a real 348 Spider in Rosso Corsa with Crema Hide and my wife was going to buy me a 1/18 model of it. However, she reckons having talked to a local model shop that no-one ever made such a model as a 1/18 scale 348 Spider.

I'm sure I remember seeing a website where someone was removing the roof from a 348 TB to convert it into a Spider but I don't remember where now.

Could anyone point me to such a site or tell me if anyone (e.g. Burago) ever made this model?

Kind regards,

Justyn.

#2 ·
I do not believe anybody made one in 1/18 yet. The one you have seen must have been a conversion based on a Bburago. Bang did make a 348 Spider in the 1/43 scale which is a nice and relative cheap alternative. There are many people doing conversions on Bburago 1/18 cars but most of the time they limit it to another color or a race version. I believe someone in Germany mad the 456 Convertible, but I do not know who.

Niels

#3 ·
I found this site that describes doing a converion: http://w1.907.telia.com/~u90702792/custom/cbf348s.html

I'm not going to attempt that myself. If there isn't anyone that makes that size model then I'll live without it. The important thing is I have the real thing in the garage :)

At some point I'm going to make a display cabinet for all my 1/18 cars, when I do I'll take some piccies and post them here.

Justyn.

#6 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.