Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this 1/12 scale F40 and the guy said it's by Kyosho. Wanted AUD630 about USD440. Does anybody know about this model? Is it fair value? Because I'm thinking of buying it.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Well, I think it is about right; I've seen it for sale for € 394,00

And yes, it's a very nice model :D

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Basman.

I have the F50 1/12 Tamiya model (fully assembled) and this F40 would make a nice mate to it. I have a few large scale F40 that are still unassembled, in fact unopened in their boxes. I keep telling myself that I will do it one day but that day never came. :lol: Cleaning the air-brush is the part that I hate. :oops:

So now I collect the pre-assembled models. Tamiya is also coming out with the pre-assembled 1/12 Enzo sometime in June, I think. Now that's another beauty.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi Stradale,

I have the 1/12 Kyosho F40 in my own collection. What I paid was about 400 euros, so the price you mentioned looks fair to me. Sometimes you can see them advertised for a little less. I´ll give you an advise: get one now that they are still around! I have read somewhere that production was limited to 2,500 examples so they will not last very long. It is a truly awesome model with incredible details! One of the very best I have seen in years. Good luck!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Its incredibly detailed. It even has the "Saint-Gobain" manufacturers inscriptions in the corners of the windows!!! Also the safety spring-pins locking down the wheel nuts (in fact, they include more of those when you buy the car, because Kyosho expects you to lose them, they are that tiny)!!!

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went out and bought it! AUD620. I will try and claim the GST refund of 10% at the airport when I take it home. :)

Dirk, I have the Tamiya 1/12 F50 as well. I bought that maybe 8 years ago. Mine was a fully assembled version and comes in abox similar in size to the Kyosho's F40. But now I see Tamiya has re-released the model in semi-assembled version and comes in a big box. Which model is yours?

Tamiya will also release the 1/12 Enzo sometime in June but the shop in Melbourne will only get it in August. I've placed my order. I saw the model on the websites and it's beautiful. But then that's just what I expect of Tamiya. :)

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
i got the original F50 aswell, bought it right when it was released in 1997

and i already asked around with my local store for the Enzo, he will defenitly place an order wich will come to me then :wink: :green:
BTW
http://www.ferrariforum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2482

i also saw the yellow F50 next to the red F50 this weekend at a store in monaco, prices are a lot higher then here, i'll put the pic up of them later

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ForzaRossa said:
already have the 1:8 Pocher F40 :) don't have to get this one ... (but even if I wished; don't have the money at the moment :green: )
I have that too, bought it maybe 8 years ago. Sadly it's still in the box, untouched! :oops:

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
how do you like this vieuw??

me? i like it alot, but now the Enzo will come first (and then that 2nd merc from AA and some more GMP's :green: ) but i woulnd't mind adding that to the never ending collection :wink:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:lol: :lol:

It's the Dutch-Belgium friction again, is it? No, just kidding.

490Euro is a bit expensive, isn't it?

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
well, i wasn't kidding about the higher prices in monaco compaired to belgium, i paid mine a lot less then that 7 years ago.
but somethimes i even get cars in germany wich is even cheaper (not always) then here

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Must be those "opportunistic" merchants that take advantage of the GP week? It's the same with hotel rates, restaurant charges and so on.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
actually i think those where there normal prices, since it was a real store, not somebody that showed up with a tent or something, i noticed some other cars that must have been in the windows store for a while now, and those prices where just higher

1 - 20 of 20 Posts