Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I came across this article by a German sports magazine comparing eight production super sports cars for 0 to 300 to 0 km/hr, finding out how fast they reach 300 and also how fast they stop. Final eight cars tested were: Koenigsegg CCX, MB SLR McLaren 722, Lamborghini Murcielago LP640, Porsche 911 GT2, BMW Alpina B6 S, Chevrolet Corvette ZO6, Lexus IS F, BMW M6. What about others, you may wonder ??? Well, for example Bugatti did not wish to ship their car to the northern German test ground at Nurburing (spell ?) so they declined. Pagani, Bentley, and others wasn't too keen to participate, thus declined also. Such makers like Jaguar and Ferrari were "angered" by the whole idea, thus did not join the test. Seventeen cars were to participate but tuner cars were removed. Only the production cars were selected, thus the final eight cars. I can furnish the datas if the FL members are interested. Unfortunately, I don't have the skills to make nice tables. For now, I'll simply summarize the scores and give you the total time required to go from 0 to 300 to 0 kn/hr. KoenigseggCCx 29.2sec.; MB SLR McLaren 722 took 37.0sec.; Lambo Murcielago LP640 38.6sec.; Porsche 911 GT2 took 43.0sec.; BMW Alpina B6 S 49.3sec.; Corvette ZO6 51.8sec.; Lexus IS F 34.8sec and BMW M6 28.7sec have speed limiter at 250km/hr so their datas are not the same as others. Many other interesting datas were like how fast they stopped, etc. Jimmy

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Jimmy, very interesting test, thanks for taking your time to post the results here.

I imagine it would be everyone's guess that the CCX would win the comparison with a good margin, but WOW, it really blew all the others away!!

Could the Enzo keep up with the CCX, you think?

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jimmy, very interesting test, thanks for taking your time to post the results here.

I imagine it would be everyone's guess that the CCX would win the comparison with a good margin, but WOW, it really blew all the others away!!

Could the Enzo keep up with the CCX, you think?
Personally, I have no interest in such topics but I thought some of you might find it interesting, thus the mention. I do not know the specs nor data for Enzo, but my guess is that CCX is above in numbers. Here's the published data: 1456kg., V8 twin turbo supercharger, 4700cc, 98.3kgm torque, max speed 395km/hr. The said test result was graphed and here's the numbers...0 to 100km/hr in 3.8sec, to 200 in 9.3sec, to 300 in 21.9sec and for braking from 300 to 0 in 7.3sec. By the way, the best braking (stopping in shortest distance & time) was Porsche 911 GT2 w/ 6.8sec & 282.9m. Jimmy

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Thanks for sharing the test results Jimmy. The test was pretty neat even for a non metric born person.;) :rofl:

Chris

·
Registered
532 Posts
the enzo is faster zero to sixty but im not sure about to 300 kmh, all i know is breaking in an enzo is probably much better. if i can recall enzo did a way faster time around top gear track.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
actually, in the top gear track the CCX (with the wing) did 1:17:6 and the Enzo did 1:19.0

quite a gap there, the CCX is seriously fast

1 - 6 of 6 Posts