Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RM Auctions just sold a nice 250 GTE for £123,000 (by my reckoning approx $250,000). Now I know of a very nice P/F Coupe (traditionally worth a good 20% more than a GTE) that sold just six months ago for £110,000, are values really increasing that quickly?? Or was this just the knock on effect of the Ecclestone collection at the RM auction?

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
That's a lot of horsepower for the money. 851 BHP I think, but I bet the annual servicing costs are another £178K
If you are looking for a Ferrari F1 car to drive at Corsa Clienti events, this one would be about the bottom of the list. Hence the price.

Anyone know what happened to the 288 GTO at Coys? I heard it did not break any records.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
If you are looking for a Ferrari F1 car to drive at Corsa Clienti events, this one would be about the bottom of the list.
As mid 80's F1 was dominated by McLaren, Lotus & Williams, (Senna, Piquet, Prost & Mansell) I would think that Ferrari's F1 drivers felt the same way about this particular car. It's history is unimpressive, 5 races and a 3rd placed finish.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Strange though, that the 250 GTE - albeit one that looked immaculate from the pictures, went for more than the 330 GTC, which admittedly looked less tidy. That does seem very high for a GTE. Indeed, I would say unsustainably so. At least they aren't likely to be chopped up for horrible GTO replicas at that price.

Jonathan

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
As mid 80's F1 was dominated by McLaren, Lotus & Williams, (Senna, Piquet, Prost & Mansell) I would think that Ferrari's F1 drivers felt the same way about this particular car. It's history is unimpressive, 5 races and a 3rd placed finish.
Ahhh! those were the days, Johansson, Alboreto and Berger - they never seemed to quite do it, but it was fun to watch.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
To be fair, things did start to get better in the late 80's /early 90's when Prost, Mansell, Berger and Alesi joined Ferrari, at least they started winning races even if the Constructor's championship didn't come until after Schuey joined.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Strange though, that the 250 GTE - albeit one that looked immaculate from the pictures, went for more than the 330 GTC, which admittedly looked less tidy. That does seem very high for a GTE. Indeed, I would say unsustainably so. At least they aren't likely to be chopped up for horrible GTO replicas at that price.

Jonathan
Any idea what the 330 GTC went for ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts