2017 Katie's Cars & Coffee Thread - Great Falls, VA - Page 4 - Ferrari Life
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 66 Old 12-09-2017, 07:35 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,077
Katie's, 12/09/17

OK, I get it. We're in December, and it's supposed to be at least winter-like. I don't even mind weather in the 30's. I even understand getting a dusting of snow - it makes for a prettier Christmas. What annoys me, though, is our local government deciding that it's up to them to prevent the impending ice age - they sprayed their anti-ice chemical goo on the streets on Thursday night, and put more chemicals down Friday night and Saturday morning. All this for what you could politely call 'light flurries' Saturday morning.

As a result of all the chemical crap on the roads, most people did not come to Katie's Saturday, and those of us who did, largely brought boring, everyday cars. Still, there were a couple of dozen enthusiasts at Katie's, and (as we do, rain or shine), we talked cars.

A day at Katie's (even without my fun car, or any fun cars) is still a great time, talking about cars and stuff. There is an astounding amount of knowledge at Katie's. No Ferraris today, though!

--Bob Collum
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 66 Old 12-10-2017, 03:55 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,323
Sorry Bob, DC didnít spray or sprinkle salt on Friday. And it didnít start snowing in DC until mid-morning so too the car out early. Crossed the river and saw the sprayed-on antifreeze and turned right around.

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.
post #63 of 66 Old 12-10-2017, 04:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer58 View Post
Sorry Bob, DC didnít spray or sprinkle salt on Friday. And it didnít start snowing in DC until mid-morning so too the car out early. Crossed the river and saw the sprayed-on antifreeze and turned right around.

Can't say I blame you; I didn't bring either of my 'good' cars, and they aren't nearly what you'd be risking...

post #64 of 66 Old 12-16-2017, 08:24 AM Thread Starter

Katie's, 12/16/17

Winter Saturdays at Katie's can be different. Locally, we had a light snow from Friday afternoon thru the evening, so the roads were a bit slick Saturday morning. The cars that show up on mornings like this tend toward the utilitarian, so we see AWD, or German cars, or both.

One of the more interesting vehicles there today was a Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk. This is a Jeep with the Dodge Hellcat 707hp engine; an interesting combination. Not everybody drives what you expect, though!

--Bob Collum
Attached Images

post #65 of 66 Old 12-23-2017, 08:58 AM Thread Starter

Katie's, 12/23/17

Today was Christmas eve eve. It rained overnight, so it was wet, but warm. It was 45 degrees when I arrived at Katie's, with no winds.

I think the relatively low turnout this morning was partially the weather, and partially a result of people having left town for Christmas.

No matter - our group of Katie's regulars celebrated the season with breakfast at Katie's.

--Bob Collum
Attached Images

post #66 of 66 Old 01-07-2018, 11:00 AM Thread Starter

Link to the 2018 Katie's Cars & Coffee Thread

Here's a link to the 2018 Katie's thread -

http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/us...rs-coffee.html

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode