Fairlakes Cars and Coffee - Has been Shut Down! - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 06-08-2015, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 216
Fairlakes Cars and Coffee - Has been Shut Down!

For those of you who have not heard, the Fairlakes Cars and Coffee (aka Kohl's Cars and Coffee) in Fairlakes, VA has been shut down. From their Facebook page www.facebook.com/KohlsCarsandCoffee:

"From VP Asset Mgmt for Peterson: This meet is officially shut down. There will be police on sight from this point forward to write tickets if anyone chooses to violate this. PLEASE DO NOT COME TO KOHL'S CNC NEXT WEEK - doing so would be at your own risk.
Reasons Given:
- Unauthorized Use of Private Property
- Racing through the Neighborhood"

Unfortunately, what was a great event got ruined by a few who liked to show off. As the post suggests - PLEASE DO NOT GO TO FAIRLAKES NEXT WEEKEND (June 14, 2015). I have heard people make comments that they are going to go just to have coffee in their classic/exotic car - PLEASE DON'T DO THIS. You will only be instigating the police.

Bill P.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 06-08-2015, 03:03 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,066
Fair Lakes, the Early Days

Here are some pics from Fair Lakes, from 11/7/2010, the first time I ever went. Back then, a dozen cars was a crowd!

--Bob Collum
Attached Images

post #3 of 9 Old 06-09-2015, 05:00 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Wow! 5 Years...

Thanks Bob for posting all those photos. You were a true stewart for this event. I really enjoyed looking at your photos, when I couldn't go. It was a real nice event and a nice venue. Have you heard from Bob W. about this? Any talk of where this might move to next? Or "IF" it will even move?

Bill P.

post #4 of 9 Old 06-09-2015, 08:29 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
I'd be interested what ticket they could give you if they don't have "no parking" signs up. Kohl's is open for biz on sunday. can't really see what they could ticket you for.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #5 of 9 Old 06-09-2015, 08:30 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
post #6 of 9 Old 06-09-2015, 09:22 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpet View Post
they also took down the facebook page.
What a shame...
post #7 of 9 Old 06-15-2015, 07:05 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 24
Hi Fellas,
You can't shut down the human spirit.

I just looked up the property management company for Fair Lakes, its all run by the Peterson group, so we can't even go down the street to the other Starbucks.

Will keep looking for a car friendly place.

Last edited by soucorp; 06-15-2015 at 08:25 AM.
post #8 of 9 Old 06-15-2015, 10:00 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 12
We had about 60 cars meet Sunday at Fairfax Circle at the shopping center just up from the Harley Davidson Dealer on Route 50 from the Kohl's Cars and Coffee group. We will be there again this Sunday. There is a coffee shop there and the lot is large and the shopping center ownership has been notified of our attendance.

We are asking if people attend that they be respectful, drive like an adult, and set a good example to the community and prove that we can enjoy the cars and the fellowship without demonstrating the sound of our exhaust or the smoke off our tires.

FFX City police are aware of the gathering and will help keep things in check for those who seem to want to display bad behavior entering or exiting the lot.
post #9 of 9 Old 06-16-2015, 01:19 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpet View Post
I'd be interested what ticket they could give you if they don't have "no parking" signs up. Kohl's is open for biz on sunday. can't really see what they could ticket you for.
Probably just go out of thier way to write tickets for no front license plate and any other inspection or noise related tickets. As long as you went inside and bought something probably hard to write you up for anything else.

Just let the shopping center know none of use will be shopping there anymore and move to a lot that would like the added positive attention and free publicity.

------------------------------

Life is Good!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode