Suspension Work Commencing - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 02-13-2015, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 355
Garage
Suspension Work Commencing

Having the guys at Radcliffe Motor Cars replace my entire suspension. Completely stoked. Can't wait to see what the car feels like with a new suspension and also will feel comfortable driving it a lot more enthusiastically after they are done.

MB

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right." - Abraham Lincoln
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 02-17-2015, 06:32 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 642
when I first got my Queen, there wasn't a shred of rubber left in the rear sway bar linkages; cornering was scary, accompanied by the loud thunks by the metal-on-metal at the sway bar. Just with that new rubber, the ride was transformed; you are in for a treat.

B
post #3 of 9 Old 02-19-2015, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Garage
I can only imagine how great it is going to feel. Just the confidence driving it now will be fantastic. Ironically the only bushings I had replaced myself were the rear sway bar bushings and when we pulled those out they basically crumbled. I am stoked to drive it this Spring.

MB

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right." - Abraham Lincoln

post #4 of 9 Old 02-21-2015, 03:09 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 30
And you almost sold it! Radcliffe is just down the road and I haven't stopped by in a long while. If it stops snowing, see if I can check it out in-process.

Edit... How do I get an Owner "tag"?
post #5 of 9 Old 02-22-2015, 05:43 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGVA View Post
And you almost sold it! Radcliffe is just down the road and I haven't stopped by in a long while. If it stops snowing, see if I can check it out in-process.

Edit... How do I get an Owner "tag"?
Yeah, swing in and give me an update!!! LOL
Take some pics if they will let you...he said he was going to shoot a few and send them to me. Not sure how the ownership tag happens. Talk to Ed on that one.

MB

post #6 of 9 Old 02-23-2015, 07:10 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 22
Are you going with the factory bushing or uprated ones?
post #7 of 9 Old 02-23-2015, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Garage
Pictures

Tom, factory. Some who turn wrenches have said that the "uprated" ones have caused some issues. Photos for your viewing pleasure. Richard Garre and his guys have done a great job! (yes I know all the nuts are not tightened down yet).
MB
Attached Images

post #8 of 9 Old 03-13-2015, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Garage
Car is ready...going to pick it up next week. IF it rains hard enough I may even drive it home.
Will let you guys know how it feels with the new suspension.
MB

post #9 of 9 Old 03-18-2015, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Garage
Home again! Richard and his team at Radcliffe are seriously great guys. I highly recommend them if you need work done.
Can't wait for the weather to get better. Supposed to snow again on Friday. Suspension all replaced. Brakes bled and wheel bearings replaced. It's like having a new toy!
MB
Attached Images

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode