Italian Grand Prix Viewing Party - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 08-20-2014, 06:44 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 216
Italian Grand Prix Viewing Party

From the DC Fiat's webpage:

"Please join DC Fiats as we host the second annual Gran Premio d'ITALIA Watch Party/Breakfast on September 7, 2014 at Osteria Marzano. At the last F1 race in Hungary, Fernando Alonso placed second and Kimi Räikkönen came in 6th , the best finish for both drivers this year. This could signal a Scuderia Ferrari resurgence so please join your fellow Tifosi in cheering them on at their home track.

Last year Chef Carmine Marzano put on an amazing breakfast buffet featuring traditional Italian dishes and more is in store this year. The price is $20 per person, for food, coffee, and juice. Specialty Drinks will be available as well at the cash bar. Pre-race coverage starts at 7:30 AM but arrive early and park your Italian car in front of the restaurant so you can be part of the group photo. The post-race coverage should conclude about 11AM but the bar will remain open for those that want to hang out and sensibly celebrate.

Osteria Marzano is located at 6361 Walker Lane, Suite 140 (Metro Park VI) in Alexandria, VA and you can get more details at Springfield Restaurants VA - Old Town Alexandria Restaurants | Osteria Marzano. If you plan to attend please contact Tim Murray at [email protected] and let him know how many are in your party. Forza Ferrari!"

Below are some photos from last year's event. I'm hoping we can get more than 2 Ferrari's out there! Please contact Tim at the email above if you plan on attending or feel free to shoot me an email ([email protected]) and I'll add you to the list.

Hope to see you there!

Bill P.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 08-22-2014, 11:30 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,516
$20? Don't expect Wetpet unless you're buying Bill
post #3 of 23 Old 08-25-2014, 06:48 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
even if he buys i'm not getting up that early. That is what Pirate Bay is for.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

post #4 of 23 Old 08-25-2014, 10:38 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,191
I was up that early - I'd been up 3-4 hours already, trying to get the dam cats off my car - and I don't mean the 4 legged variety!

For anyone who watched the GP, I think we'd all agree that Vettel has been replaced, as the official "spoiled brat" that everyone loves to hate, and Nico Rosberg is his replacement.

What Nico pulled on lap two was inexcusable, and even normally reserved Toto said "Today, the unthinkable happened, and it cannot, and WILL NOT be allowed to happen again."

I watched Nico win at Monaco last year, and thought "what a great kid, and what talent and potential he has." But I was booing from my living room yesterday, with the rest of the spectators when he accepted his 2nd place trophy. What could/should have been an easy 1/2 day for Mercedes turned into a #2 for Nico and a DNF for Lewis due to Nico's blind and misguided ambition. He seems to have developed the attitude "win at ALL costs, and regardless of the consequences".

I'd really like to see Toto take him out of the next race as penance. Mercedes is so far ahead in the Constructor's Championship that they could afford the loss in points, and this kid plainly needs to be taken down a peg or two.

'99 550, Rosso Corsa / Nero, S/N:114654, Assy: 31836, Engine: 52084

High mileage, low compression, and missing on a few cylinders.....just like my cars.

Maranello Skunkworks Team Member
post #5 of 23 Old 08-25-2014, 12:38 PM
Owner

Very true. Ban him for one race.
post #6 of 23 Old 08-26-2014, 05:26 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Unfortunately, I don't think Toto is going to ban Nico for the next race. I certainly wouldn't blame him if he did. But it is evident that Nico is becoming the spoiled brat that Seb had been last year.

The Stunt Nico pulled on Lewis reminded me of how Seb went against team orders last year and powered up his car to pass Mark Webber. It's not the same thing Seb did, but just the fact that he was only looking out for himself. Contrary to belief, Formula 1 racing is a TEAM sport not an individual one.

Nico deserved the "Boo's" he got.

Ed, I know me offering to pay your meal wouldn't bring you out. But I still hope you'll reconsider. I met a guy last Sunday at our Fairlakes Cars and Coffee (Matt C.). I invited him to the viewing party.

He sent me a photo of the viewing party's he used to throw at his house back in the day for the Brazilian GP. In the photo, I spotted you, Robbie, Barry, Jim, Norm and the guy who lives in DC (I can't remember his name) but his screen name on that other site was "Onboost". It was a great photo!

Anyway, I hope you guys consider coming out? Oh and just FYI, even though the restaurant is in Alexandria, it's NOT in Old Town Alexandria. It's in the Metro Park VI Office Park which is right near Springfield Mall and the Springfield/Franconia Metro Station.

Bill P.
post #7 of 23 Old 08-26-2014, 07:11 AM
Owner
Elite Member

haven't seen matt in a long time. does he still have his boxer?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #8 of 23 Old 08-26-2014, 10:57 AM Thread Starter
Owner

No. He sold it.

He does however have a couple of other toys. He has a 1948 GMC Cab-over truck which has 4 trumpets that make it sound like a train! He's brought this to Katie's and Fairlakes Cars and Coffee.

He also has a 1956 Dodge Coronet Lancer D-500. I haven't seen this car yet but he said it was a limited edition car.

I'll tell him you said "Hello".

Bill P.
Attached Images

post #9 of 23 Old 08-26-2014, 01:04 PM
Owner
Elite Member

That truck is awesome. i think I first met several of those guys at that party. cool

post #10 of 23 Old 08-26-2014, 01:38 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,852
I saw it differently on the Rosberg vs Hamilton incident. Hamilton was wide and Nico stuck his nose up under Hamilton's car. Hamilton then sliced back down to the racing line and hit Nico's front wing, taking out his own rear tire. All Hamilton had to do was give Nico a little more room, which Hamiltion is not good at doing. You need to be aware of the cars around you. Bad situational awareness on Hamilton's part.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #11 of 23 Old 08-26-2014, 01:57 PM
Owner

Nico admitted to intentionally taking Hamilton out. Anything to win at all cost. I'd ban him now. fine him heavily and/or take points away.
post #12 of 23 Old 08-26-2014, 02:02 PM
Owner
Elite Member

i considered it a racing incident. had hamilton's tire not punctured, pretty likely usually, he would have been a happy man. Since it did, it's all nico's fault. an inch here or there.... I gotta be honest, i'd rather see them racing. Nico needs to watch out though, look what happened to that other mercedes driver juan pablo montoya at the US grand prix in 2005 when he ran into his teammate. One kimi riakkonen.

post #13 of 23 Old 08-26-2014, 02:02 PM
Owner
Elite Member

according to hamilton, nico denies it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360 Modena View Post
Nico admitted to intentionally taking Hamilton out. Anything to win at all cost. I'd ban him now. fine him heavily and/or take points away.

post #14 of 23 Old 08-27-2014, 05:28 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpet View Post
according to hamilton, nico denies it.
This source quotes Hamilton differently. Let's ask Nico if Hamilton is a liar :-))

F1 News - F1 Belgian Grand Prix: Hamilton: Rosberg admits he hit me deliberately

F1 Belgian Grand Prix: Hamilton: Rosberg admits he hit me deliberately 24 August 2014
Lewis Hamilton says Nico Rosberg has admitted he hit him deliberately during the Belgian Grand Prix “to prove a point
post #15 of 23 Old 08-27-2014, 05:37 PM
Owner
Elite Member

post #16 of 23 Old 09-05-2014, 07:23 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillP00 View Post

He sent me a photo of the viewing party's he used to throw at his house back in the day for the Brazilian GP. In the photo, I spotted you, Robbie, Barry, Jim, Norm and the guy who lives in DC (I can't remember his name) but his screen name on that other site was "Onboost". It was a great photo!
You mean these clowns???
Attached Images

post #17 of 23 Old 09-05-2014, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4RECAT View Post
You mean these clowns???
That would be them! Although the photo I have is more "family friendly".

Looking forward to seeing people at the F1 Viewing Party!!

Bill
post #18 of 23 Old 09-07-2014, 06:09 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,191
Italian GP Result: Caution: SPOILERS

Wow, what a race?

Did my heart good to see Massa on the podium and taking 3rd in the Constructors away from Ferrari. Sorta like "Up yers, Luca!"

How many more heads will roll now? This had to be one of the most humiliating finishes possible for the Scuderia.

'99 550, Rosso Corsa / Nero, S/N:114654, Assy: 31836, Engine: 52084

High mileage, low compression, and missing on a few cylinders.....just like my cars.

Maranello Skunkworks Team Member
post #19 of 23 Old 09-07-2014, 06:40 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 204
Good race, I am very happy about Williams, they moved a bit from Ferrari in WCC, stunning performances by Ricciardo and Bottas. Also, not to forget the Perez - Button scrap and Felipe baby finishing third, followed by ovations on the podium
Alonso unfortunately DNF, being the only driver who scored points in all of the races this season.
post #20 of 23 Old 09-25-2014, 05:00 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Yeah, unfortunately the Scuderia did not do so well during the Italian GP. But I was very happy for Massa. I'm glad he finally made it back on the podium and look forward to seeing him succeed in the future!

I've posted some photos from the event at the FCA-MAR's new Photo webpage: FCA-MAR Photo Library

Enjoy,

Bill P.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode