Off Topic Posts go here from Annual Meet - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 03-11-2014, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
Master Mechanic

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,219
Off Topic Posts go here from Annual Meet

Brian, do you hot glue jumper wires on the back side of the circuit board? That's one of my favorites...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 03-11-2014, 06:15 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECSofVirginia View Post
No Ferrari is impervious to breakdown either

It will be interesting to see from how far people come with their TR's though. Hopefully there are more than one or two that accept the challenge of a good long drive to and fro.
Especially ones you've worked on.... People bring their cars from all over. It's not really that interesting. Some trailer but several brave the elements and stupid drivers and drive them as far as cross country. Not sure how many Annual Meets you've been to but they are a fairly big deal to a lot of Tifosi so I suspect more than one or two will show up.

I've always found TRs to be fairly comfortable... much more so than my 308 but that's not that hard to do.

Current: 85' GTS QV
It's a simple process...... it's just complicated by human beings....

Last edited by barcheta; 03-11-2014 at 06:34 PM.
post #3 of 15 Old 03-11-2014, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
Master Mechanic

Did you mean to say, especially ones you own?

I've not attended a National meet, just the local and regional ones. I expect that a large percentage fo the attendees will have come from a good distance, I suppose I'm curious to see how many of them do so in cars like the 308, TR & 355.

Having done Concourse events in the past it's normal to see vintage cars come from all over but the "typical" models always seemed to be more local guys. I suppose having not attended a National, I'm more curious than others to see the ratio.

post #4 of 15 Old 03-12-2014, 04:11 AM
Owner

No Josh. My car runs great when I or someone who knows what they are doing is working on it....

Comparing a local or regional show to a national meet is like comparing apples to apple pie. Perhaps you should get involved in some aspect of this upcoming meet. Then you'd have a solid understanding of who attends and what motivates attendance. Each meet has it own allure.

post #5 of 15 Old 03-12-2014, 07:57 AM Thread Starter
Master Mechanic

I love internet pissing matches. Let's not derail Bill's thread, if you guys want to squabble on the internet, there is a thread dedicated to Jim's 308. You guys are welcome to expand in there.

Funny thing though, the last text I got from Jim after getting the car sorted was "Thanks, this is the best the car has ever run", after 7yrs. of ownership and DIY maintenance. Coincidentally, this complaint and the other being brought up here share the fact that both owners were trying to get a deal on service. I took the bate the first time and it got me here. The second time I told the client to seek service elsewhere. I'm really OK with that publicity.

Last edited by ECSofVirginia; 03-12-2014 at 08:17 AM.
post #6 of 15 Old 03-12-2014, 08:48 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,516
Josh, I'm sorry that you are pissed.

I intentionally did not name names. Nor was I starting a pissing contest. Just responding to a post about Ferrari reliability here buddy and the fact that my tech has never screwed up my cars, nor has there ever been a negative post about Competezione.

They've continued to earn my business by doing the right things right. If they did screw up or if we had a misunderstanding, they'd bend over backwards to make me whole and keep my business. It's their business ethos.

I'm sorry you felt the post was all about you. It's not.

Please direct me to the ECS 308 thread you mentioned. I can't seem to find it. Or, is it on FCHAT?

Bill (and everyone else), I'm sorry to get off topic. My sincere apologies.

Back to the Annual Meet topic.
post #7 of 15 Old 03-12-2014, 09:58 AM
Owner

There's no squabbling on my part Josh. Funny though how you see it necessary to respond when I haven't mentioned your name once. Guilt maybe? As far as a deal... that's laughable. Lets just agree it wasn't. You lack information in terms of what constitutes a reliable Ferrari, which is what I initially was responding to.

Lets get back on track... apologies Bill

post #8 of 15 Old 03-12-2014, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
Master Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcheta View Post
Especially ones you've worked on....
I'm not sure why I would need to harbor guilt in order to know how to read this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcheta View Post
There's no squabbling on my part Josh. Funny though how you see it necessary to respond when I haven't mentioned your name once. Guilt maybe? As far as a deal... that's laughable. Lets just agree it wasn't. You lack information in terms of what constitutes a reliable Ferrari, which is what I initially was responding to.

Lets get back on track... apologies Bill
The cold shoulder you insist on giving me when I run into you at the local FCA meets (a good example of how people in that circle like to behave, and why I tend to not bother attending), couple with the above mentioned remark indicate you need to get something off your chest.

I'm not mad per se, I'm a grown up, I can take my licks when deserved. I just prefer to receive them straight on and typically in person, as opposed to these snarky internet comments.

If I'm mis-reading all of the implications in your actions, then call me the a-hole. I'll also expect a polite greeting, maybe even a gentlemanly handshake next time I see you in public instead of being blown off.

post #9 of 15 Old 03-12-2014, 11:05 AM
Owner

A grown up!? really? Not from my perspective. No I don't need to get anything off my chest and as far as not attending events, that's your loss not mine or anyone else's. It does annoy me that I've had to come behind you and fix your shortcuts and lack of attention to detail. As far as giving you the cold shoulder name the event? I'm not aware of one or even seeing you at one.

There's a reason why guys like Richard and Fernando don't have to come on to a forum like this and profess their knowledge.... their work speaks for itself. And in the end I'm probably more upset with myself for giving a comparative novice work that was clearly over his skillset. Won't happen again.

As far as a handshake.... I'm not pressed.... see I don't need your approval or camaraderie. That's on you to fit in and create good business relations to sustain yourself not me.

That's something you'll learn when you are truly a grownup.

post #10 of 15 Old 03-12-2014, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
Master Mechanic

Reads to me as though this is exactly what you wanted to get off your chest. Feeling better? Good. Got something else to add? Let's go ahead and get it done now, so we can all continue on to future postings without more snippiness.

post #11 of 15 Old 03-12-2014, 11:26 AM
Owner

Off Topic Posts go here from Annual Meet

The Annual Meet topic was going in another direction.
Put it here boys.
post #12 of 15 Old 03-12-2014, 11:34 AM
Owner

Good post Jim, thanks for sharing. Four months without your car while undergoing a major service and almost a year+ of not being able to drive your car. I'd be pissed. Especially if it was running fine when you took it in for service. I'm uncertain that I would be so understanding.

"There's a reason why guys like Richard and Fernando don't have to come on to a forum like this and profess their knowledge.... their work speaks for itself. And in the end I'm probably more upset with myself for giving a comparative novice work that was clearly over his skillset. Won't happen again."

http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/ex...tml#post381233

Maybe it's time to just let it go.
I'm sure ECS has plenty of work and other, satisfied customers.
We do have choices in this market.

Last edited by 360 Modena; 03-12-2014 at 12:35 PM.
post #13 of 15 Old 03-12-2014, 03:47 PM
Owner

The boy has a lot to learn. Not my place to teach him. Word will get around and that will be that.

post #14 of 15 Old 03-12-2014, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
Master Mechanic

I hope the two of you enjoy continuing spreading your gospel as well. Competizione is lucky to have you guys.

post #15 of 15 Old 03-13-2014, 06:26 AM
Owner

It's time to let it go. Barchetta made his point. I wish you well.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode