FCA 2014 Annual Meet - Official Thread - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 56 Old 02-26-2014, 02:49 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 216
FCA 2014 Annual Meet - Official Thread

The Mid-Atlantic Region invites you to the 2014 FCA International Meet in Leesburg, VA. This year we will be "Celebrating the Redheads". From the Testa Rossa's of the '50's and 60's to the more modern Testarossa's of the '80's and '90's we hope to see you June 11-15 right outside our Nation's Capital!

REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!! Act now because rooms are going fast!! Check back here for regular updates and announcements. You can also Visit our event's website for more information (Ferrari Club of America 2014 Annual Meet).

- Bill P.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 56 Old 02-26-2014, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Our Theme: “Celebrating the Redheads”

It’s always a challenge to find an annual meet theme that will appeal to lots of FCA members. We looked at all the themes that had been used since 1984, which was the first time a theme was used – “The 20th FCA Annual Meet.” Since 1984 we noted that a very popular model, the “Testa Rossa or Testarossa” had never been directly honored. In 2002 "Honoring Racing Ferraris of the 1950's" would have included the very successful series of racing 250TRs, but how about if, at the 2014 annual meet, we also celebrate the more contemporary models, the modern Testarossa variants thru the 512M, the ones that actually carry a passenger in comfort and with great speed. When the modern TR first appeared at the 1984 Paris auto show, it shook-up the automotive world with its design and performance. We were certain this theme would be appealing to old-timers and 21st Century enthusiasts, many of whom may not know the evolution of the “Redheads” or why they are called by that nickname. Please come and enjoy “Celebrating the Redheads.”
post #3 of 56 Old 02-26-2014, 06:55 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 738
Dear Bill,

In furtherance of Peter Mullin's "educational outreach" efforts I need to remind that the very first Testa Rossa was the MDTR 500, with the two liter four cylinder motor. They had the name before the 250's with their twelve cylinders came along.

In any event I am sorry that we are now some 2,000 miles away and will not be bringing the little blue car to a Mid Atlantic Region National for the first time in a long time.

Remember 06?

Best regards,
Attached Images

Robert

Past: 500 Mondial S2 0556(0446)/MD owned 58 years from June 1960 to August 2018

Last edited by Admiral Goodwrench; 02-26-2014 at 07:15 PM.

post #4 of 56 Old 02-26-2014, 08:34 PM
Master Mechanic

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,219
Admiral, I'm sure you and The Little Blue Car will be here with us in spirit none the less. The 'ol jewel has come a long way since 2006 I'd say, or at least it seems shinier.

There is no shortage of late model TR's out there. It will be interesting to see how many come out and then how many break down and need emergency medical attention while attending.

post #5 of 56 Old 02-27-2014, 09:35 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Admiral,

The '06 Event was my first event as a FCA member! And that photo is exactly the way I remember meeting you and TLBC for the first time. I really enjoyed following that car. I still have video of you at FoW when you started her up. Glad to hear you are doing well. The Mid-Atlantic Region misses you and your family!

- Bill P.
post #6 of 56 Old 02-27-2014, 11:49 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
post #7 of 56 Old 02-28-2014, 05:13 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,516
FCA 2014 Annual Meet - Official Thread

I'll be at the track on Friday with the 360 and take the TR on Saturday

I doubt any will TRs will break down if they are serviced by Competezione (smile)

Mine is getting the Helms fuse box upgrade right now thanks to Fernando and Richard!
post #8 of 56 Old 03-04-2014, 07:00 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Al,

Thanks for bringing your TR out to the show! We hope to get a large turn out of TR's. I look forward to seeing both of your cars there!

Bill P.
post #9 of 56 Old 03-04-2014, 07:01 AM Thread Starter
Owner

I am happy to announce that Ferrari of Washington is now Platinum Tier sponsor for the FCA 2014 International Meet. They are also the named presenter of the Awards Banquet.

Thank You Ferrari of Washington!!

Bill P.
post #10 of 56 Old 03-10-2014, 02:21 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Have you ever wished you could be like Jack Ryan, Dirk Pitt, or even the Rogue Warrior?

Well, here's your chance! A very interesting and exclusive addition to this years’ FCA Annual Meet is the Escape and Evasion Course at Summit Point Motorsports Park. The course, which is taught to diplomatic security agents, as well as foreign service officers heading to high-threat posts across the globe, will be held on Saturday, 14 June on the Jefferson Circuit. Two time slots are being offered. Learn to ram barriers, reverse direction quickly, J and K turns, and much more. Only in Washington can you find this type of course. See you at Summit Point in June!!
post #11 of 56 Old 03-11-2014, 10:53 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,516
Not sure about the "learn to ram barriers" in a Ferrari Bill :-(
post #12 of 56 Old 03-11-2014, 11:56 AM
Master Mechanic

TR's do come from places other than Maryland ya know? No Ferrari is impervious to breakdown either, aside from the ones that never leave their garages. Those always run perfect.

It will be interesting to see from how far people come with their TR's though. Hopefully there are more than one or two that accept the challenge of a good long drive to and fro.

post #13 of 56 Old 03-11-2014, 01:33 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECSofVirginia View Post
TR's do come from places other than Maryland ya know? No Ferrari is impervious to breakdown either, aside from the ones that never leave their garages. Those always run perfect.

It will be interesting to see from how far people come with their TR's though. Hopefully there are more than one or two that accept the challenge of a good long drive to and fro.

We're leaving ours at home but maybe I should rent a Crown Vic and take the E&E course.
post #14 of 56 Old 03-11-2014, 02:33 PM
Master Mechanic

Brian, I suspect you'd have the most fun out of anyone if you went that route. Cheap insurance policy, comfortable ride, reliable A/C & no regrets?

I'm only 30 and I'm not sure my body would appreciate riding in a TR from NorCal to VA. A U-Haul truck was pushing it as it was.

post #15 of 56 Old 03-11-2014, 04:22 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by 360 Modena View Post
Hi Brian, I highly recommend the Helms FB upgrade for the TR. It was recently installed by Competezione and they did a really fantastic job. The car seems to be running a bit stronger too!

Looking forward to meeting you at the track in June!

Why would I do that?

I really appreciate the advice but I was factory trained on them and have a fair bit more experience on them than Dave.
I am quite capable of deciding what needs to be done when and have been performing my own fuse box modifications on them for about the last fifteen years or so. I like my method better.

The placebo effect is a powerful thing.

Last edited by Brian; 03-11-2014 at 04:28 PM.
post #16 of 56 Old 03-12-2014, 05:02 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360 Modena View Post
Not sure about the "learn to ram barriers" in a Ferrari Bill :-(
I was waiting to see who would ask this first! The Escape and Evade course will NOT use your Ferrari's. You will be using cars supplied by the track. I can't wait to see this.

Bill P.
post #17 of 56 Old 03-12-2014, 05:11 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECSofVirginia View Post
I agree! We would love to have a huge turn out of TR's and F512 and (hopefully) and F512M at our event! We're especially interested in having the non-traditional red/tan cars show up as well. We'd love to see some Black, White, Yellow, Blue, Prugna TR's there.

The beauty of an International Meet is that they move to a different region every year. This is also a nice draw for people who have never been to our Nation's Capital who may want to come and visit. Participating in the Rally will also allow them a chance to drive along some very scenic roads in our region and see how beautiful the DMV is!

Brian (sorry I didn't include your post here), I hope you reconsider bringing your car from the West Coast. We have Passport Transport as our official transport company and Ferrari of Washington is one of our Platinum sponsors and you will be able to store your car there in prep for the meet. Whether your able to bring your car or not, we're looking forward to seeing you in June. Please be sure to look for me and say "Hello."

Bill P.
post #18 of 56 Old 03-12-2014, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Hey Guys,

I'm not privy to any issues/events that may have transpired. I'm sorry to hear what has happened however, I would rather keep the topic on upcoming Annual Meet. Josh, you said that you've never been to an Annual Meet? If you can, please try to make it out to the concours and/or the track and see for yourself.

Jim, I'm sure I'll see you there as well...although I'm sure I'll see you at an upcoming event before then.

Bill P.
post #19 of 56 Old 03-12-2014, 11:33 AM
Master Mechanic

I'm sure I will see you out there Bill, might as well get out to 1 at least.

Here's the link Al: http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/ex...ce-show-2.html

post #20 of 56 Old 03-12-2014, 07:19 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,354
Anyone know who the chief instructor is for the track event? I might see about instructing since I have more time.

------------------------------

Life is Good!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode