Katie's Cars and Coffee Not Welcome in Great Falls? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 10-06-2012, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 421
Katie's Cars and Coffee Not Welcome in Great Falls?

So towards the end of C - C at Katie's today, a regular, FChatter almost gets hit in the parking lot on purpose by a guy in a dark green or blue Jaguar sedan.

FChatter says something to the effect of "Hey, what are you doing? This is a car show..." after moving out of the way and then shouting an expletive worthy of almost being hit by a car. He was walking along the side of the lot and not impeding any traffic whatsoever. By this time there are also plenty of empty parking spots so local residents can access the retailers.

The guy in the Jag gets out and gets into said FChatter's face seriously pissed off. He was a guy in his 60s, tall, quite fat and in a really bad mood for 9am on a Saturday.

The guy is yelling LOUDLY and says he doesn't care about any of that sh*t and then says "Get out of my town". Another FChatter walks over at this point and gets between them to dissolve the "meeting".

I've organized and attended car events for over 15 yrs in the DC area and never once have experienced this type of attitude.

Not really a big deal at the end of the day, but wondering if the locals are not enjoying the display.

Anyone else?

LS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 10-06-2012, 07:05 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,317
Can't say I've ever seen such a thing in the few years I've been going.

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.
post #3 of 20 Old 10-07-2012, 03:30 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,875
There have been a few encounters like that at katies now. One of the salon workers almost ran over a couple of people as she sped through the lot. One "patron" purposelybanging the edge of his car door into another car in a parking spot..... not sure why people think they have this particular "entitlement" but I can't see it going anywhere good.

Current: 85' GTS QV
It's a simple process...... it's just complicated by human beings....

post #4 of 20 Old 10-07-2012, 06:36 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,317
Well, if patrons are going to that kind of stunt, it will certainly. Limit my participation. At the very least, I'd have hover around the car for protection.

On the other hand, I can see why some customers may get upset at the crowd, although it in no way justifies their behavior.

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.
post #5 of 20 Old 10-07-2012, 12:00 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
Got a report that this thread is a little of a pot stir. i can see the reasoning. I don't think a few small incidents, that could happen in any parking lot for any reason, indicate any overall feeling from the community. Undoubtedly the get together does inconvenience some non c&c goers. But most events anywhere do. I'm just glad it wasn't an f-lifer! Yet another reason f-life is the superior forum! People don't feel impelled to run us over!

Perhaps a better wording of the title would be nice, anyway, i see no reason to moderate this thread, it certainly doesn't break any rules. Carry on.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #6 of 20 Old 10-07-2012, 03:55 PM
Owner

So I see censorship is alive and well.... oh well... that's why I'm here and not there. Cheers!

post #7 of 20 Old 10-08-2012, 08:26 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,516
When did Rob Lay buy a Jaguar and start hanging out at Katies?
post #8 of 20 Old 10-08-2012, 10:20 AM
Owner
Elite Member

what was censored?

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcheta View Post
So I see censorship is alive and well.... oh well... that's why I'm here and not there. Cheers!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #9 of 20 Old 10-08-2012, 10:21 AM
Owner
Elite Member

true, he would run over his own subscribers. done it metaphorically many times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360 Modena View Post
When did Rob Lay buy a Jaguar and start hanging out at Katies?

post #10 of 20 Old 10-08-2012, 04:20 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpet View Post
what was censored?
So this thread is also running over at the other place.... everytime I see that a mod has edited a post I assume he's somehow changed it from its original intent in some way.

Last edited by barcheta; 10-09-2012 at 03:07 AM.
post #11 of 20 Old 10-08-2012, 06:33 PM
Owner
Elite Member

post #12 of 20 Old 10-09-2012, 03:06 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpet View Post
what post got edited? here?
See above. not here... there

post #13 of 20 Old 10-09-2012, 05:11 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,067
Katie's Limitations

We all know that there's a finite amount of parking at Katie's. To me, it's a more interesting layout than just one big parking lot, but it does mean that it gets a little crowded, and people tend to 'make up' some of the parking spaces. I shudder every time I see a vehicle driving in the back entrance, past the cars parked on both sides. Some day, someone is going to do the mother of all sideswipes.

This is more than enough motivation for me to leave the Cars & Coffee no later than 9:00AM, each Saturday. I get there very early, to make sure I get a 'good' spot in the front lot. Some of the businesses open up at 9:00AM, and I can see that it must be frustrating for customers and business owners to have a large group of cars and roving people blocking progress into their businesses. I also appreciate the work the owner of Katie's has done to make this a good atmosphere, and I try not to make his job any harder than it already is.

As car people, my observation is that many of us do a terrible job of leaving the traffic lane clear, as we wander around, looking at cars. I can't condone the incoming drivers being rude, but we have to pay attention, too. (And I'm as guilty as anyone, wandering around, taking pictures.)

I've been attending Katie's Cars & Coffee since Fall of 2009. It has grown tremendously. We see large numbers of really nice cars of all types, and a really good group of car people. I'd hate to see this event become a victim of its success.

--Bob Collum

Last edited by rcollum; 10-09-2012 at 01:39 PM.
post #14 of 20 Old 10-09-2012, 05:58 AM
Owner

Well said Bob.

post #15 of 20 Old 10-09-2012, 12:31 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,193
I saw we pitch in, create a classic drive-in complete with roller-skatting babes, make it our own car display venue.....bitchers will be tossed at first sight.

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #16 of 20 Old 10-09-2012, 12:58 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 421
Pot stir?

Hilarious...

We need to be aware of incidents like this so we can make event adjustments when necessary. I want Katie's to go on for as long as possible.
post #17 of 20 Old 10-09-2012, 03:35 PM
Owner
Elite Member

post #18 of 20 Old 10-09-2012, 07:21 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 642
I think the tractor showing up on a flatbed and taking up drive lane and parking spots is a little over the top. A few too many new cars for my taste, but that's just me. I go about three times a year now.
post #19 of 20 Old 10-10-2012, 05:18 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanp View Post
I think the tractor showing up on a flatbed and taking up drive lane and parking spots is a little over the top. A few too many new cars for my taste, but that's just me. I go about three times a year now.
+1 and it was beginning to draw more Corvettes and Mustangs which, IMHO, takes away from the original event. I go 2-3 times per year as well now. Not that I don't like Corvettes or Mustangs, but I can go to Annapolis on Bestgate Road and see them there (right Jim?)
post #20 of 20 Old 10-10-2012, 10:13 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360 Modena View Post
+1 and it was beginning to draw more Corvettes and Mustangs which, IMHO, takes away from the original event. I go 2-3 times per year as well now. Not that I don't like Corvettes or Mustangs, but I can go to Annapolis on Bestgate Road and see them there (right Jim?)
My mustang is the prettiest.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode