Ferrari Life Forum banner

Local Chimp gets personal 458 Launch party!

3K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  gmast827 
#1 ·
Unbelievable week, I received a job offer to return to DC and on my way out of the office building of my current employer, downtown NYC just off wall street, I walk to the corner and what do I see, a brand new Red 458 parked on the street and unattended! Thus, I got my own personal launch party and clearly the owner was nowhere to be found. If he happens to be one of us, I sincerely appreciate the opportunity to view and appreciate an outstanding piece of art. I only had my cell phone so I took 3 pics below, but personally, I still find the F40, F50, and Enzo a more exciting vehicle to look at. I will say this much, this car sits low and the lines are very smooth, just look at the side pic and you can see how smooth it is by following the lines from the hood, roof, and then down the back. :thumbsup:

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
My buddy in CT, Dr. Howard Rubin, was supposed to be on the list for the first delivery of a 458. PM me with tag number if you got it and I'll check to see if it's his car. Howard was a Board member w/my last company and a true Tifosi, does a lot of work on Wall Street. He would be one to drive his car to the office.

BTW, I still prefer your TR over the 458 :steeringwheel:

#7 ·
I suspect the dude that designed that car just finished watching the original Batman and Robin when he designed the front of that thing. But since I like batman and robin i can find no fault in that... KABLAAAM!!!!!!

#16 ·
Good call Bryan.

So let me get this straight, the Batmobile is driven buy a "guy" named "Robin", sits on Grand Cheeroke rims (I akinda agree on that one) and uses Quaker State motor oil?....

The cones are made in China?!?!?!?!?!?! I knew there was reason for concern when Ferrari started promoting Quaker State and Pennzoil...but Chinese traffic cones is crossing the line. Now I'm glad I never got a job from FnA, they more F'd than I realized.

#19 ·
Yes, right in front of a 4 way stop and lots of people, truly amazing. With respect to the cones, there are actually 2 :yikes:, 1 in front and 1 in the rear, not seen in pics. Like they are going to prevent an accident by the resident tow trucks that pick up cars and throw them around like loose change.

#22 · (Edited)
Unfortunately I cannot, I am going to the Nationals game tonight with the Scouts and we are camping out after the game overnight on their field so while you guys are enjoying cars and coffee tomorrow morning, I have to enjoy the sun, humidity, a thousand scouts, and tearing down tents and packing up.

Update - I might be able to make it tomorrow for some donuts and coffee! I should be there around 9am chimps!

#23 ·
I'm one who thinks that wheels can make the car. Although the wheels aren't much different than the ones you see in the factory photos, except for the more twisted spokes and little slots along them, they look cheap and old. The side of the car looks great but the front looks unfinished and honestly stupid. I don't even think the vielside company would make the front of a car look so jagged and rough. Just my honest opinion but I'm still entitled to that. Any responses (positive or negative) wont be frowned upon. Cheers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.