Wounded Warrior/Operation Kindness Event - Saturday, May 22nd - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 05-18-2010, 08:26 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 14
Wounded Warrior/Operation Kindness Event - Saturday, May 22nd

All,

As a result of the overwhelming positive reaction received from last years event, I've been asked to invite those that are interested to attend the Wounded Warrior/Operation Kindness event again this year! The troops truly enjoyed seeing some wonderful cars come out (Ed's Diablo was in attendance) as well as meeting the drivers. In fact, it was such a success, that they are making additional spaces available for the car portion of the event. In talking with some of the drivers that attended last year I know the event had a profound effect on them as well. If your schedule permits, please come out and support these brave men and women.

The event will be held on Saturday, May 22nd from 1:00pm to 4:00pm at the Walter Reed Army Medical Center. If you have an interest in attending the event please post to this thread or send me a pm. There are certain rules and restrictions that I will discuss with you once I've been notified of your interest.

Thanks very much,
Court
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 05-18-2010, 08:33 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,196
Nice

Wish I were in the area. I have a four-star flag in the rear of all my cars.

Congrats on the event.....
Attached Images

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #3 of 19 Old 05-18-2010, 08:52 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granucci View Post
Wish I were in the area. I have a four-star flag in the rear of all my cars.

Congrats on the event.....
Thank you sir!

Regards,
Court

post #4 of 19 Old 05-21-2010, 09:59 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
you guys should do this. I did it last year and can't make it this year. Only event all year you really feel like you are making a difference. and the free food is awesome! they also have a live band that ain't half bad. The wounded vets really love the cars and it is a great reward to see their faces as they enjoy the cars. I was told last year that a vet that hadn't been outside the hospital because of depression about his injuries came outside to see the cars. It is heart wrenching to see the injuries, but rewading bringing at least a little joy to a pretty joyless situation. do it, they appreciate it.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #5 of 19 Old 05-21-2010, 01:10 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,008
Court, pm sent. Granucci - well done, sir!

Last edited by Neonzapper; 05-21-2010 at 01:18 PM.
post #6 of 19 Old 05-21-2010, 03:16 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,154
Court, sent pm
post #7 of 19 Old 05-21-2010, 06:14 PM Thread Starter

redtrman / Neonzapper - PM's replied to!

Thanks,
Court
post #8 of 19 Old 05-21-2010, 06:56 PM Thread Starter

All,

The Wounded Warrior Event for tomorrow is completely booked

Thank you for supporting the troops!

Court
post #9 of 19 Old 05-22-2010, 01:53 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 40
Just got back from the event and it was a great, yet humbling experience. You can count me in every year you have it.
post #10 of 19 Old 05-22-2010, 03:24 PM
Owner

Walter Reed Army Medical Center is an amazing facility. It has its own Prosthetic Dept. as well as a full state of the art Rehabilitation Clinic.

While these brave young heros and their families looked over our cars, I was more impressed with the numerous Purple Heart license plates on vehicles parked in the other lots.

Out of respect, photos of Wounded Warriors and their families are not permitted, and I promised to not show any photos of them. Therefore, I apologize for the quick non-professional blurring of what pictures I could post.

I wish I could have photographed the luncheon. It was very impressive with great food, live band and orchestra, and we shared tables with heros and their families.

I asked someone to take a picture of the "Ferrari Life Guys" but when I got home, there was no picture of us. Oh well. Here's what I can post...
Attached Images

Last edited by Neonzapper; 05-22-2010 at 04:01 PM.
post #11 of 19 Old 05-22-2010, 03:31 PM
Owner

and lastly (although there were more cars, they were surrounded by Wounded Warriors so I couldn't take pictures).

When I was much younger, I often accompanied my Grandad to Walter Reed. On my way home, I stopped by my Grandad's gravesite. That's his Army Fatigue hat hanging on my side mirror...
Attached Images

Last edited by Neonzapper; 05-22-2010 at 03:46 PM.
post #12 of 19 Old 05-22-2010, 04:04 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,154
neonzapper

great seeing you and thanks Court for the event, it was well worth it.
post #13 of 19 Old 05-23-2010, 12:36 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 566
It was a privilege to have been there.

great photos, Neonzapper!
adding some pics from my Omnia
Attached Images

"Liberals are the pallbearers of societies"

'88.3 Testarossa
'83 Mondial QV (sold!)
post #14 of 19 Old 05-24-2010, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

powerpig (Kevin), Neonzapper (Michael), redtrman (Bill), jungathart (Khanh), - Thanks to all of you for coming out and supporting the troops. It was definitely a humbling experience to be around these brave men and women and it was a truly inspiring experience. Once the date and location of next years event is known I will be sure to let everyone know so that you can put in on your calendar early.

Thank you again for your support!
Court
post #15 of 19 Old 05-25-2010, 09:04 AM
Owner

Court you're welcome, and again thanks for allowing us to be a small part of all you do on behalf of these brave men and women.

I recommend this to everyone next year, and hope there will be more space available for our cars because of less space needed for visiting families of the Wounded Warriors.

post #16 of 19 Old 05-25-2010, 02:25 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 642
fantastic job and a good showing!
post #17 of 19 Old 10-20-2010, 09:25 AM
Owner

Cars Needed Again -

Car Show and Pizza Social - October 24, 2010
Dear Sportscar Enthusiasts!

You are all invited to help Wounded Warriors!

Two similar events were held in the past with positive feedback from the Mologne House staff members. We are extending another opportunity this year to honor and serve our hero veterans recovering at Walter Reed Army Medical Center. We will be showing our gratitude, support during two hours of food and fellowship around our vehicles! It will be held on October 24th from 2:00 - 4:00 pm. The location will be outside of the Mologne House on Walter Reed Hospital property. This event is exclusively to honor our Wounded Warrior heroes and their families. To show your car please contact Michael Dorrity at 703-727-2127. If you do not get a response within several hours, please call Julia Selah at 703 216 0712 (cell) or Tom Parke at 703 795-4939 (cell). Several compassionate volunteers needed to assist wounded heros as they view the cars.

Space is limited and registration will be based upon first come first serve, so register to show your car and attend today! The event will be held rain or shine. We have several cars that are scheduled at this time, but we need some more to round out the field. We can have between 30-40 vehicles at the show.

A list needs to be provided to Walter Reed Army Medical Center Military Police by 10/21/10 with attendee's name, best tel. no and make/model and year of the vehicle you will be bringing. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Email [email protected] to register without delay or call Michael @ 703-727-2127 with questions. Location address will be provided to confirmed registrants.

This event is sponsored by Operation Kindness and PowerShift 2024.

With great gratitude and anticipation of a wonderful day with our recovering wounded warrior heroes!

Michael Dorrity/Julia Olijnyk Selah/Tom Parke with the entire PowerShift2024 Team
Shirley Garris with the entire Operation Kindness Team

post #18 of 19 Old 10-26-2010, 11:41 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,516
Many thanks to the organizers for this past weekend's event. I'm proud to be an American and having these very noble kids serving our country and putting their lives on the line so others can live freely.

There is hope.
post #19 of 19 Old 10-26-2010, 12:26 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,075
Kudos To The Organizers

I agree - It's a privilege to participate in something to break up the monotony of their rehabilitation, and a pleasure to talk cars with these fine soldiers. Here are some pictures I took of the cars.

--Bob Collum
Attached Images

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode