Ferrari Life

Ferrari Life (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/)
-   US: VA, MD, DC (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/us-va-md-dc/)
-   -   Jun 5th Gilligans Island Charity Event (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/us-va-md-dc/12076-jun-5th-gilligans-island.html)

Neonzapper 05-08-2010 06:55 PM

Jun 5th Gilligans Island Charity Event

From FCA-MAR:

Jun 05, 2010 (11:00am -5:00pm) Gilligan's Island Hospice of the Chesapeake Charity Event.(FCA-MAR sanctioned event)

Rain Date: Sunday June 6th. Mark your calendars now for the return of this great event. A special afternoon for 50 privileged Ferraris benefiting The Hospice of the Chesapeake www.hospicechesapeake.org held at the waterfront estate of Dennis and Peggy Gilligan. Bring your Italian car (or boat for that matter as dock slips / anchorage are available) and share their home and pool overlooking Rock Creek. Reservations will be limited to the first 50 Italian cars. A catered lunch including beverages and a live band will preclude an awards ceremony featuring "peoples choice" and various door prizes.

The Cost: $55.00 per person (fully tax deductable) with 100% of the proceeds provided to the Hospice of the Chesapeake. As there has been a change in registration procedures that could not be included in the May FCA News Bulletin, please visit http://www.hospicechesapeake.org/sup...ari-fundraiser for more information and to register your Italian vehicle and purchase tickets.

If you need additional info: contact: Dennis and Peggy Gilligan, e-mail: [email protected] or call: 410.320.5875

Neonzapper 06-05-2010 08:35 AM

Pictures?

360 Modena 06-05-2010 09:49 AM

1358 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neonzapper (Post 119589)
Pictures?

I'm not going, but Dave Born told me he was taking Sharon.

Maybe he'll post pics.

BillP00 06-05-2010 05:57 PM

30 Attachment(s)
Hey Everyone,

This was my 1st year attending this event. And I'm telling you RIGHT NOW this is social event of the year to attend!!!! What a great, relaxing event where you can come together show off your car and just socialize. The Gilligan's along with all their sponsors put on a WONDERFUL event.

For those of you who did not attend, MARK YOUR CALENDARS NOW...next year's event will be June 4, 2011!!!!

There were a lot of cars that showed up. Hopefully next year we'll have even more! But this year we had a mix of classic and modern cars. As "Captndon" mentioned there was a 1931 Alfa Romeo 8C 2300. What a BEAUTIFUL car!!! We also had the Lamborghini Club and Maserati Club make an appearance. Didn't know those clubs existed?? Well...hopefully you'll be hearing about them a lot more in the future!! There was also a McLearen SLR.

Hope you enjoy the pictures!!!

Bill P.

BillP00 06-05-2010 06:00 PM

25 Attachment(s)
more pics....

redtrman 06-05-2010 07:40 PM

Thanks for the great pics Bill. I wish I could attend, but my anniversary is June 4th so it is virtually impossible for me to attend this event until the 4th falls on a weekday M to Th.

360 Modena 06-06-2010 09:47 AM

1358 Attachment(s)
Bill, great shots of the horses and tractors, thanks for posting. The garage is pretty cool, eh? Great place to hang out.

Neonzapper 06-06-2010 10:31 AM

Bill (no poo), you take the greatest pictures!

Neon :steeringwheel:

Andrew 06-06-2010 10:52 AM

Bill, as always, thanks for the great photos! Good looking event, that Countach screams '80s

BillP00 06-06-2010 02:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You're welcome guys...I'm glad you liked them!! The pictures really don't do the event Justice. You really need to experience it for yourselves. Bill...I don't know what to tell you about your Wedding Anniversary. You should tell your wife that since she bought you the TR, she needs to be apart of the Ferrari Experience, Club Membership, Social Events, etc. :)

Hey Al, I thought I uploaded a picture of Dave B. and his BEAUTIFUL Granddaughter. But I must have missed it before. Here they are.

and Andrew...yes, the Countach DOES scream 80's. But truth be told, I grew up with that and a Testarossa on my wall so those will ALWAYS be my favorites. But I still wouldn't refuse a ride from Wetpet in his Diablo Roadster!! :D Or has it already been sold??

Bill

wetpet 06-06-2010 05:24 PM

1280 Attachment(s)