FCA Lifts and Lunch Event Tomorrow? - Page 2 - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 53 Old 04-13-2010, 12:59 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpet View Post
is that marriot's? i saw that. i thought it was real. surprised he had a replica.
Yes, Bill Marriott's. Picture taken from the FCA garage event a few years ago.
I thought the blue Coupe was one of the real ones also.
Lashdeep & I exchanged PM's and he has convinced me it is not one of the real ones.
It is a very well done replica, for sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 53 Old 04-13-2010, 04:39 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
i'm bummed. thought i saw a real one. gonna have to keep hunting.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #23 of 53 Old 04-13-2010, 06:25 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 483
cobra

Quote:
i'm bummed. thought i saw a real one. gonna have to keep hunting.
There is a Daytona at the Simeone Museum in Philadelphia. Saw it at the FCA event there. Here is an article about the "lost " Cobra.

http://www.carguychronicles.com/2010...an-racing.html

current Ferraris: 1995 F355 Spider, 2000 360F1 Modena

Stand up and be counted, or lay down and be mounted.

post #24 of 53 Old 04-13-2010, 07:54 PM
Owner
Elite Member

yes, i know. I was bummed i missed that trip. mis-communication. Would like to put another run up there together. met the good dr. at la bella machinna(sp?), a man who knows about patina. and leaving your maserati 300s out in the rain.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Last edited by wetpet; 04-13-2010 at 08:03 PM.
post #25 of 53 Old 04-13-2010, 08:00 PM
Owner
Elite Member

I was just thinking, what a great resource. we start out talking about a lifts and lunch then get down and dirty into the esoterics of such a rare car. with lots of personal experience, not internet knowledge. lot of great car guys here. we will keep it that way. trolls and wannabees can stay on that other site.

post #26 of 53 Old 04-14-2010, 05:15 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,875
I have a few shots of that car from up there.... amazing patina. I'll post them as soon as I find them. Not to take away from the collection as a whole but seeing the Daytona, Testa Rossa, 300s and 365P in one location made the entire trip for me.

As a side note, I've seen the number 15 replica at speed on the Toll Road. We rolled side by side one morning while I was heading out to FoW in the Ferrari..... funny I remember the Cobra but not why I was heading out that way.
Attached Images

Current: 85' GTS QV
It's a simple process...... it's just complicated by human beings....
post #27 of 53 Old 04-14-2010, 07:38 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by barcheta View Post
The Intermeccanica Italia looks interesting. Is that the one Chuck Wray was restoring a few years back? Anymore pics of it?
BillPoo and barcheta, this is indeed the Italia that Chuck restored years ago...great to see it complete and out on the road.

Also, the Webers on the 351C look amazing. I didn't know that was planned for the build.

LS
post #28 of 53 Old 04-14-2010, 07:45 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
I was just thinking, what a great resource. we start out talking about a lifts and lunch then get down and dirty into the esoterics of such a rare car. with lots of personal experience, not internet knowledge. lot of great car guys here. we will keep it that way. trolls and wannabees can stay on that other site.
Simeone's is CSX2287 if I remember correctly...have to GOOGLE it to confirm.

All Daytona coupe bodies were hand made in Italy, supervised by Peter Brock.

Toggie and I exchanged a few PMs about real vs replica Shelby cars. As far as Cobras go, there are a few quick ways to tell them apart.

From 30ft away, I would look for lugnuts. If a Cobra has them, it's not real. Cobras had centerlock wheels.

Another giveaway is whether it uses square section frame tubing. If it does, it's a copy. Cobras had round section tubing.

Daytona coupes are based on the CSX2000 series MK I and II cars. They should all have *transverse* leaf springs. So if you see a Daytona coupe with beautiful, polished coilovers, it's likely not real.

Just FYI...

LS
post #29 of 53 Old 04-14-2010, 08:51 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by lashss View Post
BillPoo and barcheta, this is indeed the Italia that Chuck restored years ago...great to see it complete and out on the road.

Also, the Webers on the 351C look amazing. I didn't know that was planned for the build.

LS
Get Chuck to tell you about the Intermeccanica restoration sometime; they basically had to completely re-engineer front suspension, engine mounts, etc. Pretty scary that it was barely road-worthy from new. Drop-dead gorgeous though, and now completely road-worthy!
post #30 of 53 Old 04-14-2010, 09:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanp View Post
Get Chuck to tell you about the Intermeccanica restoration sometime; they basically had to completely re-engineer front suspension, engine mounts, etc. Pretty scary that it was barely road-worthy from new. Drop-dead gorgeous though, and now completely road-worthy!
That's the only part of that restoration that I can remember actually...the "moving" of the footbox to allow for longer legs. I couldn't remember or didn't see the Webers, wire wheels, etc.

It really turned out great.

LS
post #31 of 53 Old 04-14-2010, 10:27 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,516
Quote:
Toggie and I exchanged a few PMs about real vs replica Shelby cars. As far as Cobras go, there are a few quick ways to tell them apart. LS
You can also try the propane flame test.

Aluminum melts at ~1200 F

Fiberglass softens at ~2000 F and is in a molten state at ~2500 F

If you conduct this reality test, and you see the body panel melting at 1200 F, just run like hell.

post #32 of 53 Old 04-14-2010, 02:27 PM
Owner

CSX 2287, 365P, 300S and TR pics
Attached Images

post #33 of 53 Old 04-14-2010, 02:39 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by barcheta View Post
CSX 2287, 365P, 300S and TR pics
They missed the mark on the 365P styling IMHO - primarily the gas cap, door handle, and taillights.

(I feel the same way about the taillights on 360 v. 430 as I prefer the 360 flush with the rear grill).

It will be interesting in ten years to see what the motoring public and tifosi says about today's styling of some of the modern cars. Which ones hit the mark and which ones miss (ala California, 360, 430, 458, Enzo, et al)

However, the TR is aboslutely gorgeous.

Thanks for posting Jim, +1 cigar
post #34 of 53 Old 04-14-2010, 06:24 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 164
Just curious, what are those square areas on the rear of the 365P's trunk lid (just above the license plate frame)? Are those holes to put your hand in to lift or close the trunk lid?

Not too many 3-seater Ferraris out there.
post #35 of 53 Old 04-15-2010, 06:33 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toggie View Post
Not too many 3-seater Ferraris out there.
two if i am not mistaken. this and it's sister the chinetti car. i am assuming this is the agnelli car because of the gas cap and rear bumper.

post #36 of 53 Old 04-15-2010, 06:54 AM Thread Starter

Great thread!!!

I saw a 365P at the Broughton Castle FOC Concours 1999 in England...amazing. I cannot recall which one it was and I don't have my pics in front of me to confirm but it was white like this one. The Agnelli car may have been silver or something.

The car is low in person and is stunning.

Alpo, not sure if you've seen it in person yet, but it is amazing.

As you may expect, it influenced the Dino...but with a center driving position and a V12.

Isn't that the best of all worlds?

LS
post #37 of 53 Old 04-15-2010, 07:53 AM
Owner

Quote:
two if i am not mistaken. this and it's sister the chinetti car. i am assuming this is the agnelli car because of the gas cap and rear bumper.
The white one is the Chinetti car.... Deep is right it is stunning in person.This one is the Agnelli car.
Attached Images

post #38 of 53 Old 04-15-2010, 08:30 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 642
It has the very same tipo motor (245) that is in the Queen Mother and the 365GTC.

Several years ago, the Simeone 365P was at Pebble for a Pininfarina display. I believe it was driven onto the field w/ Pininfarina, Luca De Montezemolo and Piero Ferrari in the car.
post #39 of 53 Old 04-15-2010, 11:49 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:

As you may expect, it influenced the Dino...but with a center driving position and a V12.

Isn't that the best of all worlds?

LS
according to this article, the dino prototype debuted a year earlier than this car.
http://www.europeancarweb.com/featur...ale/index.html

"The three front seats are only the most obvious innovation in this car, which allowed Pininfarina to play with several new ideas. One glance confirms that the 365P is a stylistic sister to the Dino prototype which debuted a year earlier,"

don't know which one was penned first or influenced what. first time i've heard of this car. gonna have to do a little research. who wants to go up there with me? Roadtrip!

post #40 of 53 Old 04-15-2010, 02:20 PM
Owner

Lets make that happen. FLife road trip!!. How bout some images so we can make a t-shirt?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode