Italian Cultural Center Baltimore March 18, 2010 - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 03-11-2010, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,008
Italian Cultural Center Baltimore March 18, 2010

Hey guys... I got an invite from the Italian Cultural Center in Baltimore through the Consul General of Italy...

At the Italian Cultural Center on March 18th, there will be a gathering of car enthusiasts to hear a discussion about Italian cars as well as plans for a driving trip through Italy at the end of May.

If interested, here's what I got...

Dear Friend,

As an enthusiast of those things Italian, I want to take a moment of your time to introduce you to the Italian Cultural Center, Inc. of Maryland and its new series of Seminars highlighting some of the most beautiful areas of the Regions of Italy.

The Italian Cultural Center, Inc. of Maryland (I.C.C.I.) is the Official Italian Language and Cultural Center in Maryland recognized by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. I.C.C.I. promotes the study of Italian art, architecture, music, fashion, artisanship, cooking, history, language and regional traditions of Italy by hosting a wide variety of community events.

Beginning this year, it has launched an Italian Regional Program Series created to introduce Italy enthusiasts to some of the best kept secrets of the old country. The first of these, to be held March 18th, will highlight the regions of Piedmont and Emilia Romagna: The Motor Regions of Italy. Come learn firsthand the origins of Fiat, Ferrari, Maserati, and Ducati. On April 25th the Alpine Wine Regions will be presented along with an explanation of winemaking and a tasting of local wines. Prior to summer on May 20th the direction is turned toward central Italy when a presentation of Tuscan Style will be made highlighting the long history of Italian textiles and high fashion with a taste old Tuscan flavors.

Thanks to a partnership between I.C.C.I. and Europe at Cost (E.A.C.) opportunities will be made available to tour in person the areas discussed in the Regional Program Series. E.A.C. which is a member of the Italian Travel Promotion Council is a Tour Operator officially recognized Italian State Tourist Board. As such E.A.C. is able to offer a unique travel prospective for those who wish to experience Italy as never before.

I invite you to seek further information about the Italian Cultural Center’s Regional Program Series through the following link...
http://www.ItaliansinMaryland.org I look forward to greeting you at one of the above presentations.

Best regards.

Dr. Francesco Luigi Legaluppi

Consul General of Italy - Baltimore

post #2 of 7 Old 03-11-2010, 09:45 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 136
Hey Michael, I may go to this. it's going to be @ Speeds Cycle in Elkridge thurs the 18th. May have to check out the new Ducs....
Should be pretty cool, not that I haven't read a ton about Italian motor history.....
post #3 of 7 Old 03-12-2010, 05:59 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,875
hmmm. not too far from me either

Current: 85' GTS QV
It's a simple process...... it's just complicated by human beings....

post #4 of 7 Old 03-12-2010, 02:16 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,516
You may have to swear allegiance to La Cosa Nostra Jim...

I'll bring a razor blade.
post #5 of 7 Old 03-12-2010, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by 360 Modena View Post
You may have to swear allegiance to La Cosa Nostra Jim...

I'll bring a razor blade.
Why? Is that a bad area? I've never been there.

post #6 of 7 Old 03-12-2010, 04:26 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neonzapper View Post
Why? Is that a bad area? I've never been there.
No, no, no. Just a weak attempt at humor.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Mafia&l=1

Watch the Godfather series, you'll understand. It's my bad-boy Italian heritage. Don't get mad, just get even.

Cut our thumbs, share our blood, and swear allegiance to the The Family.

Next indoctrination ritual at Church 1st Sunday in April 10am sharp, weather permitting.
post #7 of 7 Old 03-12-2010, 04:36 PM
Owner

[QUOTE=360 Modena;113891
Next indoctrination ritual at Church 1st Sunday in April 10am sharp, weather permitting.[/QUOTE]

Study this, oral exam before initiation.

Ten Commandments

In November 2007 Sicilian police reported to have found a list of "Ten Commandments" in the hideout of mafia boss Salvatore Lo Piccolo. They are thought to be guidelines on how to be a good, respectful and honorable mafioso:

1. No one can present himself directly to another of our friends. There must be a third person to do it.
2. Never look at the wives of friends. <-- Ed is a homo, no problem here
3. Never be seen with cops. <-- Ed only eats donuts with them
3. Don't go to pubs and clubs. <-- Ed, this includes strip clubs
4. Always being available for Cosa Nostra is a duty - even if your wife is about to give birth.
5. Appointments must absolutely be respected. <-- leaves out "Deep" who's always late
6. Wives must be treated with respect. <-- Especially when they have the TV remote
7. When asked for any information, the answer must be the truth.
8. Money cannot be appropriated if it belongs to others or to other families.
9. People who can't be part of Cosa Nostra: anyone who has a close relative in the police, anyone with a two-timing relative in the family, anyone who behaves badly and doesn't hold to moral values.
10. Must own and drive a Ferrari during their lifetime; <-- Lambo tractors don't count Ed
Omertà: the code of silenceOmertà is a code of silence that forbids mafiosi from betraying their comrades to the authorities. The penalty for transgression is death, and relatives of the turncoat may also be murdered. To a degree, Cosa Nostra also imposes this code on the general population, persecuting any citizen who aids the authorities

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia#....nd_other_names

FerrariLife is a great educational forum

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode