Lost my brother tonight - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 Old 01-27-2010, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 438
Lost my brother tonight

I just found out that my brother was killed in an accident up in Long Island Wednesday evening. He was a very good man and a great big brother. I'm up at my parents in Pennsylvania now, going to Long Island tomorrow.

I had 2 hours in the car to reflect on our relationship and how much he helped me and looked after me thru various parts of my life. I could not have asked for a better big brother. I have so much to thank him for and I am so happy that in the past few years he had been able to get to know my kids.

I'm asking all of you to take some time tomorrow and call someone you love, someone that you owe a conversation and do it. Hug your wife, your kids, someone. Life is short, live it now with no regrets.

My brother had just sold his company and was finally at a point where he could think about taking just a bit of time to pursue things other then work. He deserved the opportunity to enjoy this world much longer then he got.

But then again, there are at least a billion people in front of the line who have never and will never have any opportunities to succeed at anything. We should never forget how good we really have it.

with sadness penetrating all facets of my being...

ken
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 Old 01-28-2010, 12:04 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvisser View Post
I just found out that my brother was killed in an accident up in Long Island Wednesday evening. He was a very good man and a great big brother. I'm up at my parents in Pennsylvania now, going to Long Island tomorrow.

I had 2 hours in the car to reflect on our relationship and how much he helped me and looked after me thru various parts of my life. I could not have asked for a better big brother. I have so much to thank him for and I am so happy that in the past few years he had been able to get to know my kids.

I'm asking all of you to take some time tomorrow and call someone you love, someone that you owe a conversation and do it. Hug your wife, your kids, someone. Life is short, live it now with no regrets.

My brother had just sold his company and was finally at a point where he could think about taking just a bit of time to pursue things other then work. He deserved the opportunity to enjoy this world much longer then he got.

But then again, there are at least a billion people in front of the line who have never and will never have any opportunities to succeed at anything. We should never forget how good we really have it.

with sadness penetrating all facets of my being...

ken
I am so sorry to hear this unfortunate news, Ken. You mentioned it was an accident. Altho I do not know the details, to lose one's loved one is unbearable. From the description of your brother, he must have been a decent, loving individual. May he rest in peace. If you can look at it in any positive way, I am sure he was a happy person surrounded by loving families. RIP. Jimmy
post #3 of 35 Old 01-28-2010, 12:31 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 64
So sorry for your loss Ken.

My sympathy to you and your family.

Rob

post #4 of 35 Old 01-28-2010, 01:15 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
So sorry to hear this. My condolences and I will do as you ask and make that call.

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
post #5 of 35 Old 01-28-2010, 02:34 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,008
Ken, you have it in perspective and I am sorry about your loss.

post #6 of 35 Old 01-28-2010, 03:55 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 483
Loss

Ken,
I am so sorry for your loss. May he rest in peace.
Barry

current Ferraris: 1995 F355 Spider, 2000 360F1 Modena

Stand up and be counted, or lay down and be mounted.
post #7 of 35 Old 01-28-2010, 04:33 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 438
this is what will help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete04222 View Post
So sorry to hear this. My condolences and I will do as you ask and make that call.
Thank you for doing that. I urge everyone to do the same. Reach out to someone and tell them that you love them or hug them or whatever or just talk to them. Be a good human.

We all need to step back every once in a while and take stock as to what is really important. Does it make a difference if I make this light and get home 3 minutes faster or should I just slow down? We all are guilty of those situations.

There are sometimes where maybe 5/10's is better then 10/10ths.

ken
post #8 of 35 Old 01-28-2010, 04:39 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 68
Ken, I'm very sorry for your loss......may he RIP.
post #9 of 35 Old 01-28-2010, 05:34 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,996
Quote:
Thank you for doing that. I urge everyone to do the same. Reach out to someone and tell them that you love them or hug them or whatever or just talk to them. Be a good human.

We all need to step back every once in a while and take stock as to what is really important. Does it make a difference if I make this light and get home 3 minutes faster or should I just slow down? We all are guilty of those situations.

ken
Ken, how right you are.....! My condolences to your family.
post #10 of 35 Old 01-28-2010, 06:51 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 460
So sorry to hear about your brother Ken, my condolences to you and your family in this rough time.
post #11 of 35 Old 01-28-2010, 07:06 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 738
Dear Ken,

So sorry to hear about your brother. He is not really gone as he will truly live on in your wonderful memories of him. Words are often inadequate at a time like this, but you should know that our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Sincere condolences and best regards,

Robert and HelenAnn
post #12 of 35 Old 01-28-2010, 07:11 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 146
Sorry for your loss, he sounds like a great big brother and a good man, it reminds me that this really isn't a test-run - it's the real thing and we should make the most of each day, God will give you the grace to get through this.
post #13 of 35 Old 01-28-2010, 07:14 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 642
Ken, I am so sorry. I am an only child, but I watch my boys, 5 and 8, and what they mean to each other even as kids. You were obviously blessed to have such a wonderful relationship with your brother.
post #14 of 35 Old 01-28-2010, 07:48 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,354
Sorry for your loss Ken. The only familly I have is my sister and I don't know what I would do if something happened to her. I can not imagine what you are going through.

------------------------------

Life is Good!
post #15 of 35 Old 01-28-2010, 09:01 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,875
Sorry for your loss Ken. It's admirable that you are concentrating on all the good experiences the two of you have had. Deepest condolences to you and your family. May he rest in peace.

Current: 85' GTS QV
It's a simple process...... it's just complicated by human beings....
post #16 of 35 Old 01-28-2010, 09:03 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,154
Quote:

ken
Ken, I am so sorry to hear about your brother. I have already made that call.
post #17 of 35 Old 01-28-2010, 09:29 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,196
Quote:
..........ken

So sorry to hear of your loss. From Bo and me, we'll be thinking of you and your family.

and your advice is very well taken.....will be calling about today.

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #18 of 35 Old 01-28-2010, 12:38 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
Ken, I'm really sorry to hear this. my condolences. Excellent post and excellent advice. if there is anything i can do, i'm there.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #19 of 35 Old 01-28-2010, 12:48 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
My thoughts are with you Ken. I hope you can find the strength to reflect on how special the relationship was that you had with your brother. All too often we let our pettiness get in the way of enjoying one another. Although this is a sad time that won't stop hurting, I hope you can take some comfort from the fact that you made a lasting loving connection and that you were there for each other.

Thanks for the advice, we need to be reminded every day but rarely are.

Take care, and lots of strength to you and your loved ones.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #20 of 35 Old 01-28-2010, 01:40 PM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Ken, deeply sorry to hear this and my condolences go out to you. If there is anything we can do don't hesitate to ask.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode