In Ceiling speakers. - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 12-27-2009, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
In Ceiling speakers.

was looking for some high end speakers to put in my bedroom and kitchen ceiling and ran across these. This deal is so outrageous, i had to share. in for 4 myself.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0018Z9Y80/ref=ord_cart_shr?_encoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v= glance

these speakers can be set up as stereo because they have two tweeters so you only need one. An example of that situation would be a small bathroom or hallway.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 12-28-2009, 01:16 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 57
Wet,
Did you order them? I'm always looking for client options on this kind of deal. About a year ago I was involved in a project that we installed 15 speakers through out the house and ran wire. I was not the engineer and have no idea what the deal was with it other than cutting holes and fishing a ton of wire all over the place.

After all the drywalll repairs were done and the client hooked it up- I have to say that it was amazing. Seamless sound through out the whole house. Put my Bose system to shame.

It was a speaker a room set up with individual dimmer/on/off switches.
My last house had a Nu-tone system in it and I sure do miss it.
post #3 of 8 Old 12-28-2009, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

I ordered four. I suspect they will be nice based on the performance of my current martin logan set up and their original price of $800/pr. Bottom line is you can't even get crap for $80 each. So i consider it a no brainer.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

post #4 of 8 Old 12-28-2009, 01:31 PM

No brainer does seem to be the operative word there. What type of receiver do you run them through- any special wire-do you solder the connections etc.?
post #5 of 8 Old 12-28-2009, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

for this installation i would just use a cheapy amp i have lying around. Think i have a couple of NAD's. put a cheap source on it and you are playing. not going to need much to listen to some folk in my kitchen. my home and work office already has an awesome system and so does my theater room. this will just be for backround noise. the speakers have nice binding posts, so i will probably solder some decent terminations on some decent speaker wire and use the binding posts. This is what i have on my main listening system at my work office. Hand made by me.

Attached Images

post #6 of 8 Old 12-28-2009, 03:28 PM

I have reached the end of my cerebral capacity- I have no idea what i am looking at in your last post.
post #7 of 8 Old 12-28-2009, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Monoblock tube amp. 300b TJ meshplate tubes. 8 watts of woop ass. Here is the underside with the hand soldered components. To give you an idea, that big black M-cap is usually a 50 cent capacitor on a typical amp. That one was over $50.

Attached Images

post #8 of 8 Old 12-28-2009, 04:32 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,196
YES: I've seen these amp over the last few years....Sorry now I gave all dad's to my bro's....

he'd better keep that house locked up as I'm not a bad ninja...just bought some old school amps for the guitar few weeks ago. Nothing like tubes

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode