Ferrari Life

Ferrari Life (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/)
-   US: VA, MD, DC (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/us-va-md-dc/)
-   -   Cabin Fever Expo (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/us-va-md-dc/10816-cabin-fever-expo.html)

KKRace 12-08-2009 10:12 AM

Cabin Fever Expo
 
1 Attachment(s)
The cabin Fever Expo is coming in Jan! A huge display of shop equipment vendors and swap meet as well as amazing scale models these guys have built at home. Most of them actually run!

Goto www.cabinfeverexpo.com and click look at some of the photos from past shows.

KKRace 12-08-2009 10:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
more..pics

wetpet 12-08-2009 05:06 PM

1280 Attachment(s)

barcheta 12-08-2009 05:16 PM

why not add it to the calandar?

KKRace 12-08-2009 08:32 PM

Here's a link to some of the model engines running http://www.youtube.com/user/CabinFeverExpo

What they are not showing is the large number of vendors selling tools and machine shop supplies and fabrication tools used and new geared towards the home machinist. The show is sponsored by Home Shop Machinist magazine.

Les 12-22-2009 07:37 AM

I'm in
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KKRace (Post 104854)
Here's a link to some of the model engines running http://www.youtube.com/user/CabinFeverExpo

What they are not showing is the large number of vendors selling tools and machine shop supplies and fabrication tools used and new geared towards the home machinist. The show is sponsored by Home Shop Machinist magazine.

Thanks Kevin! This looks like something I could become completely engulfed in.

It's just what I need, another obsession.

KKRace 12-22-2009 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Les (Post 106189)
Thanks Kevin! This looks like something I could become completely engulfed in.

It's just what I need, another obsession.

And what a great time of year to start a new obsession!

Les 12-22-2009 02:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by KKRace (Post 106193)
And what a great time of year to start a new obsession!

You mean ANOTHER new obsession!

Some of my favorite jobs have been those that give me access to a precision machine shop, I've worked late into the night on a mill or lathe perfecting something. I have no such access right now but I have a computer with Inventor and ProE so currently I'm immersed in cad modeling. Anyone need some cad modeling? I am so bored I've taken to recreating my C/4 electronically.

KKRace 12-22-2009 02:22 PM

I was just thinking about building a C/4 from scratch just the other day.

Les 12-22-2009 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KKRace (Post 106234)
I was just thinking about building a C/4 from scratch just the other day.

Umm, what scale?

KKRace 12-22-2009 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Les (Post 106238)
Umm, what scale?

Probably could use a bit more head and leg room...

Les 12-22-2009 03:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by KKRace (Post 106239)
Probably could use a bit more head and leg room...

No problem, just graft in some extra sheetmetal from a donor car, like say um - a Mustang!

wetpet 12-23-2009 11:23 AM

1280 Attachment(s)
welcome les. let me know if you want some seat time on a bridgeport.



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Les 12-23-2009 04:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by wetpet (Post 106368)
welcome les. let me know if you want some seat time on a bridgeport.

A REEAL Bridgeport? OK, now were buddies!

Got end mills -- will travel.

wetpet 12-23-2009 06:20 PM

1280 Attachment(s)

Neonzapper 12-23-2009 07:19 PM

For the milling machinist who has everything...

http://www.neatorama.com/2009/02/23/...omment-page-1/

KKRace 01-04-2010 04:52 PM

bump

360 Modena 01-05-2010 09:46 AM

1358 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Les (Post 106413)
A REEAL Bridgeport? OK, now were buddies!

Got end mills -- will travel.

Les, you are gifted and have incredible talent. I can't draw a straight line on a CAD machine. Impressive. Just keep Ed away from your shop and tool.

KKRace 01-13-2010 04:42 PM

This weekend!

KKRace 01-15-2010 07:11 AM

Anyone up for going Sat?


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
Copyright 2012 ONE Media, Inc.
FerrariLife is independently run with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA
Ferrari for Sale | Maserati for Sale