Congratulations - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 Old 12-06-2009, 07:30 AM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
Congratulations

This section is only two weeks old and look at it already. And in the slowest part of the season. The pent up demand for this must have been there. Thanks to everyone that came over here.
Hell, our donut thread is catching up to that other sites donut thread in views.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 12-06-2009, 08:37 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,875
It's fun to hang out with like minded people. And not have to worry about being schooled by someone with fewer social graces than yourself.

Current: 85' GTS QV
It's a simple process...... it's just complicated by human beings....
post #3 of 29 Old 12-06-2009, 08:53 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 483
FL Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcheta View Post
It's fun to hang out with like minded people. And not have to worry about being schooled by someone with fewer social graces than yourself.
And being able to use adult language without getting my mouth washed with soup! Or worrying about sitting in the corner with a "time out"!

current Ferraris: 1995 F355 Spider, 2000 360F1 Modena

Stand up and be counted, or lay down and be mounted.

post #4 of 29 Old 12-06-2009, 12:45 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,516
You weenies
got too hot in the kitchen and you run over here like a bunch of sissies

Lol welcome all you misfits!!!
post #5 of 29 Old 12-11-2009, 07:57 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by 360 Modena View Post
You weenies
got too hot in the kitchen and you run over here like a bunch of sissies

Lol welcome all you misfits!!!
I was wondering where all the people that used to post in the southern part of the Mid-Atlantic section on that other site went to.
Nice place you have here.
post #6 of 29 Old 12-11-2009, 09:53 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toggie View Post
I was wondering where all the people that used to post in the southern part of the Mid-Atlantic section on that other site went to.
Nice place you have here.
first wet and now the papparazzi; things going to hell quickly.

whazzup, Bill!
post #7 of 29 Old 12-12-2009, 03:48 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanp View Post
first wet and now the papparazzi; things going to hell quickly.
Me one of the papparazzi? Yes, guilty as charged.

Here's a pic of a red 250 GTO that I took just the other day.
Attached Images

Last edited by Toggie; 12-12-2009 at 04:24 AM.
post #8 of 29 Old 12-12-2009, 05:28 AM
Owner

sorry, Ron; brain fart. though Bill P.

I'll send him a pm, though.

did you end up selling that sweet 4.2?
post #9 of 29 Old 12-12-2009, 05:45 AM
Owner

Quote:
sorry, Ron; brain fart. though Bill P.

I'll send him a pm, though.

did you end up selling that sweet 4.2?
Bryan, no problem. It's a bit of a sad story for my old 4.2 e-type. It was stolen one night about a year ago while at a local repair garage. Never showed up. Maybe sold for parts or taken overseas? Financially I came out okay, I had agreed-value insurance and got paid my original purchase price, but not for the upgrades I made to it while I owned it (Dayton wheels, Pirelli tires, ss exhaust system, etc.). I was going to sell the car to make room for the 550, but now that it is gone, of course, I miss it. Guess I need more garage space some day.

If you happen to spot it at a car show or online anywhere, let me know. I'd love to recover it some day.
Attached Images

post #10 of 29 Old 12-12-2009, 07:10 AM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

welcome toggie and sorry to hear about your car.

P.S. bryan , i understand the confusion as bill and ron are the only two people still posting at that other site! Easy to lump them together.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #11 of 29 Old 12-12-2009, 07:14 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpet View Post
welcome toggie and sorry to hear about your car.

P.S. bryan , i understand the confusion as bill and ron are the only two people still posting at that other site! Easy to lump them together.
LOL. It is quiet as a ghost town over there if you're looking for posts from people south of Baltimore.
post #12 of 29 Old 12-12-2009, 07:17 AM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Thank your friend Dave M and his boss for that. Stupid and unnecessary. But, whatever they want.

post #13 of 29 Old 12-12-2009, 07:42 AM
Owner

Quote:
Bryan, no problem. It's a bit of a sad story for my old 4.2 e-type. It was stolen one night about a year ago while at a local repair garage. Never showed up. Maybe sold for parts or taken overseas? Financially I came out okay, I had agreed-value insurance and got paid my original purchase price, but not for the upgrades I made to it while I owned it (Dayton wheels, Pirelli tires, ss exhaust system, etc.). I was going to sell the car to make room for the 550, but now that it is gone, of course, I miss it. Guess I need more garage space some day.

If you happen to spot it at a car show or online anywhere, let me know. I'd love to recover it some day.
holy shit. I (obviously) had not heard about that. You hear stories like this, but it's never happened to someone I know. Was it stored inside or outside? I'm sure the shop is beyond embarrassed and took a hit somehow (subrogation, etc.). Care to identify them? Understand if you don't. Although you were made (mostly) whole, this is still akin to someone stealing your kid - ok, maybe the family dog.
post #14 of 29 Old 12-12-2009, 07:58 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 438
that sucks

I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your beautiful Jag. Gorgeous car. I hope the electronics go on the new "owner". Best of luck replacing her.

regards

ken
post #15 of 29 Old 12-12-2009, 10:49 AM
Owner

Quote:
holy shit. I (obviously) had not heard about that. You hear stories like this, but it's never happened to someone I know. Was it stored inside or outside? I'm sure the shop is beyond embarrassed and took a hit somehow (subrogation, etc.). Care to identify them? Understand if you don't. Although you were made (mostly) whole, this is still akin to someone stealing your kid - ok, maybe the family dog.
It was a British car repair place in western Loudoun County (probably best if I don't give the name). Western Loudoun only has one stolen car maybe every 10 years of so. Car was locked up inside the shop but was the one car directly behind one of the four bay doors that was in running condition. Car was detailed and waiting for me to pick it up on Monday morning. Car was stolen Sunday night around 9:30 pm. Garage owner said the alarm went off when the phone line was cut but because of previous false alarms, the call from the alarm monitoring company was ignored by him (indication was a "loss of connection" which could have been from a number of causes). One theory is the car was taken out of the area in a trailer - or it could have just been driven out (although that would have been pretty brave of the crooks to trust the Lucas electricals and 39-year-old carbs to get them all the way home. ). It was surreal the next morning to get the phone call that the car was gone. I ran down with pictures of the car to the "crime scene" with the police who were handling the case. They were sympathetic but probably knew the odds of me ever getting my car back were slim. I was hoping for some sort of "E-type Amber Alert" with an all-points-bulletin and roadblocks + a house-to-house search dragnet. No such thing, of course, even for a classic car painted BRG. Instead the VIN was put in a national stolen car database and I got the paperwork filed for my insurance claim. It might show up some day, although the odds of that are really low, especially now that it has been almost a year since the disappearance.
post #16 of 29 Old 12-12-2009, 10:58 AM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

sounds like it might be someone with knowledge of that shop. Sorry for the loss, it's true you probably will never see it again. Obviously a targeted event.

post #17 of 29 Old 12-12-2009, 11:13 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpet View Post
sounds like it might be someone with knowledge of that shop. Sorry for the loss, it's true you probably will never see it again. Obviously a targeted event.
Yes. Everbody involved, including me, was initially under suspicion and questioned. I was asked a number of questions in the areas about my general financial situation and if anyone had a specific grudge against me. The police did not think it was local teenagers given the style of the break-in so somebody wanted to take a car that night. For example, to cut the phone line they took out the whole Verizon pedestal a block down the street. They also took a small amount of cash that was in a cash box and some tools.

The insurance company has my spare set of keys and the title, so they have to change the VIN to get it titled. Supposedly this can be done some how. I still have the Jaguar Heritage Certificate so I have the serial numbers to the gearbox, differential, etc. I used to search the internet hoping to see some of my car's parts being sold but never saw anything.
post #18 of 29 Old 12-12-2009, 02:05 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Quote:
Yes. Everbody involved, including me, was initially under suspicion and questioned. I was asked a number of questions in the areas about my general financial situation and if anyone had a specific grudge against me. The police did not think it was local teenagers given the style of the break-in so somebody wanted to take a car that night. For example, to cut the phone line they took out the whole Verizon pedestal a block down the street. They also took a small amount of cash that was in a cash box and some tools.

The insurance company has my spare set of keys and the title, so they have to change the VIN to get it titled. Supposedly this can be done some how. I still have the Jaguar Heritage Certificate so I have the serial numbers to the gearbox, differential, etc. I used to search the internet hoping to see some of my car's parts being sold but never saw anything.
Sorry to hear about the loss.

With the weak US $ a number of E-Types have been making there way back to the UK. Suggest you contact the UK Jag owners club, given them all the SN numbers and ask them to keep an eye out for it.
post #19 of 29 Old 12-12-2009, 02:28 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
Sorry to hear about the loss.

With the weak US $ a number of E-Types have been making there way back to the UK. Suggest you contact the UK Jag owners club, given them all the SN numbers and ask them to keep an eye out for it.
+1. Very often, they end up shipped overseas. At least that is the case here in Japan. Stolen cars head out overseas like Middle East, Southeast Asia, etc. The reverse is common also. Because of the lax import regulations here, quite often overseas stolen exotics like F50 and such cars end up in the market here. Japanese buyers are blissfully ignorant or don't care such details. Sorry, back on track, sorry to hear your loss. Jimmy
post #20 of 29 Old 12-12-2009, 05:43 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,154
Hi Ron and welcome to the alternative life where discrimination is forbidden so feel free to come out of the closet (ok the pet is wet so go ahead, have fun with it).

Really sorry to hear about your loss. I had a similar situation happen to me when I was racing bikes and my race bike was stolen from my sponsor's shop the night before I was to pick it up. However, I got a full replacement racebike from Yamaha and their insurance company was all over me on that one but since the stolen bike was practically brand new, they dropped the attacks.

BTW - you can tell BP to exit Ferrazi Chat as for some reason he has not figured out that we are all now leading alternative life styles

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode