Madrid, NM Sunday Afternoon Trip - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 09-07-2016, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 30
Garage
Madrid, NM Sunday Afternoon Trip

Hello, New Mexico! I thought you might like to know about another cool drive that is "local" to Santa Fe and Albuquerque. Just head from Albuquerque east into the canyon to the Tijeras exit and take NM14 north to Madrid. My daughter and I took this little road trip this last weekend and had a great time. The Ferrari fit right in with all the Harleys parked at the Mine Shaft Tavern, and the green chile cheeseburger was fantastic! This is a scenic drive that you can easily fit into one afternoon. It has enough curves and long straight stretches to make it interesting, as well. We didn't leave Albuquerque until about 1:30 pm and, although we did go on into Santa Fe, we were still back in Albuquerque pretty early. If you haven't been down this road, do it soon......you will love it.

By the way, this is my first time in the Albuquerque/Santa Fe area in the Ferrari, but due to medical issues, I have not been able to get up here (or much of anywhere else). However, I'm doing well enough now to make an occasional trip, and I hope to make it back again soon to meet up with some of the rest of the New Mexico Ferrari bunch for a drive.
Attached Images

1997 Ferrari F355 Berlinetta
1995 Ferrari F355 Spider
2006 Maserati Quattroporte Executive GT
2011 Jaguar XJL Portfolio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-08-2016, 10:44 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 738
Dear Tom,

Agree that is a nice scenic road trip, can be combined with a quick twisty side excursion up to the Sandia Crest. Next time you make a run to Santa Fe give us a call and we can have coffee and look at the blue car.

Another fun road and scenic trip is from Bernalillo on 550 to route 4 through the Valles Caldera and on to Los Alamos and back through Santa Fe.

There is so much to see and so many uncrowded roads in New Mexico, where do you live?

Best regards,

Robert

Past: 500 Mondial S2 0556(0446)/MD owned 58 years from June 1960 to August 2018

Last edited by Admiral Goodwrench; 09-09-2016 at 08:59 AM.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-08-2016, 10:17 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 30
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Goodwrench View Post
Dear Tom,

Agree that is a nice scenic road trip, can be combined with a quick twisty side excursion up to the Sandia Crest. Next time you make a run to Santa Fe give us a call and we can have coffee and look at the blue car.

Another fun road and scenic trip is from Bernalillo on 550 to route 4 through the Valles Caldera and on to Los Alamos and back through Santa Fe.

There is so much to see and so many uncrowded roads in New Mexico, where to do live?

Best regards,

I live in Roswell, but it is kind of a wasteland for exotic cars here. I have two Ferrari's (355 Berlinetta and 355 Spider), a Lotus Esprit Turbo, a Maserati, several Jaguars and several other "classic" American cars. A friend of mine has a Ferrari 308, a Lotus Elise, a Maserati and several other "classic" American cars. I have heard there is a 360 in Artesia (40 miles away), but have yet to run into him anywhere. Of course, nothing I have compares with your Mondial 500, which I had the privilege of seeing at the Santa Fe Concorso last year.....truly a stunning car and a tribute to your dedication and love for the car. I especially love that you drive it every chance you get!

Hopefully I will be able to get back in your area again soon and connect with you. I get emails from Ron and Shari occasionally to let me know what is going on in the northern part of the state, and I hope to make it up for some of the events, including this years Concorso, but don't know for sure yet.

1997 Ferrari F355 Berlinetta
1995 Ferrari F355 Spider
2006 Maserati Quattroporte Executive GT
2011 Jaguar XJL Portfolio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode