Taking your Ferrari on RV Trips. - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 04-10-2015, 11:10 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 7
Taking your Ferrari on RV Trips.

I just bought a 2002 F-1 360 Spider and would like to take it with me on my trips around the US and Canada in my motorhome. I'm sure the best way is in an enclosed car hauler. Has anyone done this? and how did it work out? Two of the trailer manufacturers that I have talked to are telling me it will have to be a custom build and probably over 20' long.
One of my concerns is my combined length will be a bit over 60', so finding a pull-through camping site long enough to allow me to load and unload the car could be a problem. Any advice and suggestions will be welcome. Thanks
Larry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-11-2015, 03:36 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Nut View Post
I just bought a 2002 F-1 360 Spider and would like to take it with me on my trips around the US and Canada in my motorhome. I'm sure the best way is in an enclosed car hauler. Has anyone done this? and how did it work out? Two of the trailer manufacturers that I have talked to are telling me it will have to be a custom build and probably over 20' long.
One of my concerns is my combined length will be a bit over 60', so finding a pull-through camping site long enough to allow me to load and unload the car could be a problem. Any advice and suggestions will be welcome. Thanks
Larry
Roof rack?

Best wishes, John
Ferrari: 550 Maranello S/N 110995, Dino 246 GT S/N 6934
Other: 1990 Bentley Turbo R, 1989 Porsche 911 C2, 2004 Mercedes 500CLK, 2011 Mercedes E350 CDI, 1972 VW T2 Camper, 2014 Fiat 500C, 1963 Jaguar E-type 3.8 FHC, 2015 Maserati Granturismo Sport
post #3 of 8 Old 04-12-2015, 07:37 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGL4-gPLTyo - Video Tube for YouTube - iPhone/iPad

Heard great things about this trailer, but it may not address your total length issue.

post #4 of 8 Old 04-12-2015, 10:56 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1
Very Cool Trailer!
That would be perfect for my new F430 yellow Spider😊
post #5 of 8 Old 04-12-2015, 12:23 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,860
Larry- Looks like that would do it and you could get one of the folding tow hooks the racers use and leave it on permanently. No much you can do about length.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #6 of 8 Old 04-12-2015, 05:58 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,004
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Nut View Post
Larry
Hey, Larry, please forgive my candor but your moniker says it all to me.

I've always said to Judith I could never drive an RV; I'm a driver, impatient enough as it is, and I think I'd go nuts not able to pass slow and bad drivers. Not certain how I envision a Ferrari enthusiast behind the wheel of a forty foot R.V. with 20 foot trailer containing his beloved F1 360 Spider.

just my 6 or 8 cents.

Seth
575M F1, Maserati Spyder, Cadillac STS-V & CTS
past: 330/365GTC speciale, F355b, 412GT, 400iA, 308GT4 2+2, 330GT 2+2, Porsche 356b Super 90, BMW 1800ti

what do I know? I drive blue Ferraris
post #7 of 8 Old 04-12-2015, 06:08 PM Thread Starter

Hi Guys, thanks everyone for the replies.. I looked at the Trailex youtube video and was suitably impressed. I will phone them tomorrow, credit card in hand...
This is my first use of this forum and I am very pleased with the assistance I got!
Everyone, take care and have fun...

Larry
post #8 of 8 Old 04-12-2015, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

Hi Seth,
I understand your concern... and you made me laugh... I have driven just about everything, from motorcycles, dune buggies, Triumph TR-3's, Corvette's, Step Vans and on up to triple 18 wheelers. I have had two big motorhomes since 1998 and love 'em. I used to race rally cars up in Canada (have a few trophies on my shelf) back in the late '50's...(yes, I'm and ol'phart...77) but I'm a pretty patient guy and when driving the motorhome around the country I worry more about holding up traffic behind me, then passing the people in front of me. The only time I'm a threat on the road is the occasional Sunday afternoon, like today, after watching the F-1 race earlier in the day... then get out of my way... I think I'm Lewis Hamilton!
Take care and have fun...
Larry

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode