Ferrari Life Forum banner

308 GTB QV will be a collectable ?

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  tazandjan 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi, I'm buying my first Ferrari , a 308 GTB QV 1984, in great condition, engine out just done, in the range of $45k
I do love the car and the lines, but I'm also feeling that at some point will become a collectable,
in my research I found that only 742 are been build, and 1/3 of them a Euro version, is this correct?
Please let me know what you think about.
Anyone have pros and contra regarding this car?
I'm paying to much?

Thank you

#4 ·
Stefano- Welcome to Ferrari Life and congratulations on your B QV. Maranello Concessionaires said there were 748 built, so close enough to your number.

I think all the 308s will become collector cars eventually, just like 53-67 Corvettes. The early GTBs and GTSs were about even, 2897 B vs 3219 S, but after that, there were many more GTSs than GTBs, all the way through the 328. For the QV 748 B vs 3042 S, over 4:1.

Just depends on whether slightly stiffer chassis, purer lines and rarity will weigh in favor over the fun and open air driving of a GTS. There is a reason there were so many more GTS models. People liked them. I even had a 78 GTS and it was great fun driving without the top in the UK where I owned her (LHD).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.