Potresse (Houston) PPI - Ferrari Life
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 07-06-2013, 08:04 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Ferrari Life Posts: 6
Potresse (Houston) PPI

Anyone used these guys? If so, any feedback? Considering a PPI with them.

Ferrari Service, Repair and Performance in Texas
General Jack is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 Old 07-06-2013, 09:45 AM
Owner
Sponsor
 
David @ FluentInFerrari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sarasota FL
Ferrari Life Posts: 961
Don't know anything about those folks, but these guys have a superb reputation...
<moorespeed>

Sarasota Italian Garage, LLC
Sarasota, FL
www.fluentinferrari.com
[email protected]

**An independent facility with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA**
David @ FluentInFerrari is offline  
post #3 of 5 Old 07-06-2013, 10:40 AM
Owner
Elite Member
 
cribbj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Houston
Ferrari Life Posts: 2,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Jack View Post
Anyone used these guys? If so, any feedback? Considering a PPI with them.

Ferrari Service, Repair and Performance in Texas
David Long is the principal of Potresse, and he formerly worked at Mark Darragh's shop (Sphere Motorsports). David's business is new, and I don't know how well equipped he is yet, nor have I visited his shop. I spoke with him by phone a couple of weeks ago, and at that time he didn't yet have a Leonardo or high end diagnostic computer, only a Snap-On scanner. He may have a Leo by now, however.

For several years, Mark has been the go-to independent in Houston for most of the exotic owners who don't use their dealers, and he does have a Leo and an ST5.

I'd say either one of these guys would be a good choice for a basic mechanical PPI, however if you want/need a diagnostic scan with a high end computer, Mark would be the better choice until David gets more equipment.

'99 550, Rosso Corsa / Nero, S/N:114654, Assy: 31836, Engine: 52084

High mileage, low compression, and missing on a few cylinders.....just like my cars.

Maranello Skunkworks Team Member
cribbj is offline  
 
post #4 of 5 Old 07-06-2013, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Ferrari Life Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by David @ FluentInFerrari View Post
Don't know anything about those folks, but these guys have a superb reputation...
<moorespeed>
Thanks, yes, I actually dealt with Moorespeed a decade or so. Good reputation here in Austin. Car I'm looking at is in the Houston area...
General Jack is offline  
post #5 of 5 Old 07-06-2013, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Ferrari Life Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cribbj View Post
David Long is the principal of Potresse, and he formerly worked at Mark Darragh's shop (Sphere Motorsports). David's business is new, and I don't know how well equipped he is yet, nor have I visited his shop. I spoke with him by phone a couple of weeks ago, and at that time he didn't yet have a Leonardo or high end diagnostic computer, only a Snap-On scanner. He may have a Leo by now, however.

For several years, Mark has been the go-to independent in Houston for most of the exotic owners who don't use their dealers, and he does have a Leo and an ST5.

I'd say either one of these guys would be a good choice for a basic mechanical PPI, however if you want/need a diagnostic scan with a high end computer, Mark would be the better choice until David gets more equipment.
Good info, thanks for sharing. One of the most important elements of the PPI for me will be the estimated clutch wear so that helps give me some directon.
General Jack is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
Copyright 2012 ONE Media, Inc.
FerrariLife is independently run with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA
Ferrari for Sale | Maserati for Sale