Austin/Houston owners: is Lucas Auto Care ok? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 04-02-2013, 09:55 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 8
Austin/Houston owners: is Lucas Auto Care ok?

wondering if Lucas Auto Care is a good independent shop for my two cars? 2001 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet and 1994 Ferrari 348 Spyder.

i think they are new to Austin but established in Houston. im wondering how good they are and how they compare to other independent shops in Austin and of course, Ferrari of Austin.

of course im looking for a good reputable shop but i dont want an unqualified mechanic working on a Ferrari - for God's sake i can take a Ferrari to many unqualified mechanics!

if you don't feel comfortable responding on here you can always send me a private message.

Last edited by steve512; 04-03-2013 at 08:00 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-03-2013, 07:32 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 30
Hi Steve,
First, I have had great service from Ferrari of Austin. Kelly (Service Manager) and Carl (Service Technician) are great and know their stuff. They have handled a couple issues on my 2013 Italia very well and are just helpful in general.

Second, I have met one of the technicians at Lucas at a recent car show and he seemed like a good guy. He seemed to really care about the cars they service there. I've heard good things about Lucas from others in the local car community.

Finally, there's Colvin Automotive. I had them do a lot of regular maintenance and performance work on my 1991 Nissan 300 ZX TT and they did a great job. I know they work on the 308 GTS of one of the local FCA members.

FYI, some of us are meeting at Lucas in Cedar Park this coming Sunday at 9:15 prior to going to the Leander Car show. You might want to stop by if you have a chance and get to know some of the folks.
post #3 of 5 Old 04-11-2013, 08:21 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, I have to work Sunday which sucks but thanks for the invite.

So do you guys meet up there and then drive in convoy to the show? Or hang out at the shop for awhile first?

post #4 of 5 Old 04-12-2013, 04:08 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1
Mechanic

Steve,

I just wanted to let you know that my husband Jerry Aikman is a awesome technician and he takes great pride in his work and to make his customers happy and your Ferrari and any other car you may own will be in good hands. My husband and I have some nice cars ourselves and we take care of ours and my husband treats his customers cars like they are ours. I sure hope you will give Lucas Auto Care a chance to take care of you and your car.. I hope this helps you to make a choice I know he would love to see your car and meet you. Please feel free to come by at any time to tour our facility and meet the staff.

Thank you,
Stacey & Jerry Aikman

P.S. There is a Ferrari run starting out at Lucas Auto Care Sunday 4/14/13 and then they are going to the Oasis for the car show. You will be able to meet Jerry and I then.. Hope to see you there.

Last edited by jsaikman; 04-13-2013 at 06:01 AM. Reason: additions
post #5 of 5 Old 04-16-2013, 06:01 PM Thread Starter

Thanks. I think he is working on my Porsche as we speak. Just picked up my Ferrari today - upgraded to a 1997 355!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode