Ferrari Service in Houston Area? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 12-20-2010, 06:24 AM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,200
Ferrari Service in Houston Area?

Are there any independent shops in the Houston area that you'd trust with your Ferrari?

I've owned multiple high powered Supras since 1989, and have not found a single, honest, qualified shop to work on those cars. The only competent guy I trusted was over in Austin, and I still had to occasionally redo some of his work myself.

So I'm guessing the number of good Ferrari shops is somewhere between zip and the square root of SFA?

And while I'm at it, has anyone had experience with these shops:

Driver Source

Autodynamica

'99 550, Rosso Corsa / Nero, S/N:114654, Assy: 31836, Engine: 52084

High mileage, low compression, and missing on a few cylinders.....just like my cars.

Maranello Skunkworks Team Member
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-20-2010, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Hmmm, looks like we have only 20 members total from Houston, and only 5 of us have checked in on this forum in 2010. I'm obviously asking this question in a vacuum.

High mileage, low compression, and missing on a few cylinders.....just like my cars.

post #3 of 4 Old 02-07-2011, 03:39 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 177
I'd say Ferrari of Houston? I have no idea on independants though. If you are a local there check with the local FCA folks, they will know.

Cheers!

There is nothing like a Ferrari, there never has been and never will be!

post #4 of 4 Old 03-04-2011, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Just to update this, I brought my 550 over to Lamborghini of Houston for some work because I'd heard they were Fcar friendly, had some very competent techs, and wouldn't turn their noses up at "mod" type work.

I was pleased with this work that they did:

1) Removed the Larini X-pipe and replaced it with a set of Bradan straight pipes. (BTW, I was happy with the sound of the X-pipe, but wanted to isolate the right & left banks of the motor for some testing. I'm nearly 100% sure that once I finish, I'll be returning to the X-pipe. The drone of these straight pipes is already driving me nuts, and overall, the car seems MUCH louder.)

2) Installed a modified clutch master cylinder & bled the hydraulic circuit. More details on this here: http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/te...djustment.html

3) Adjusted my handbrake

They did the work quickly and competently, and I would use them again for any work that I'm not equipped for, or don't want to do myself.

N.B. I'm not against using Ferrari of Houston, but they've failed to return calls and emails, and were out of stock for very simple parts I tried to buy from them. Plus they're 50 miles further away than the Lambo shop.

Last edited by cribbj; 03-04-2011 at 03:30 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode