Feedback for Touring Joara please... - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 10-03-2011, 07:26 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 11
Feedback for Touring Joara please...

Touring Joara 2011 was a great success with beautiful weather neat roads and cool car’s. I have had a lot of very positive feedback about the tour even though we had two mishaps. One caused by a deer that chose to end its life in front of a BMW and the other caused by me. After working for 9 months picking the route, finding worthwhile stopping locations, and driving it several times, I managed to have some issues. There were some misleading directions, questionable mileage between stops, and someone stole at least one road sign since I last drove the route. But that being said everyone proved to be very serious drivers and they all made it to the Catawba Meadows in time for the conclusion. So I tip my hat to everyone’s navigation abilities and fortitude.
Now I am looking for some feedback… This the second year for Touring Joara and it is time to decide if it ends here or goes on for 2012. I spent several hundred hours working on behalf of Exploring Joara Foundation on this event and I need to determine if it is time well spent. So if you drove on the tour in 2010 or 2011 let me know what you think. If you did not come on the tour let me know how I could have enticed you to come. And if you have ideas on how to get the word out about the tour please let me know your thoughts.
We had 9 less cars in 2012 than in 2011 and unless the numbers increase this event is not a finical benefit to the foundation which it is striving to raise funds for. Is it possible to have more than 60 cars on a tour such as this? Touring Joara 2011 was fun for me and now it is time to figure out if there will be a Touring Joara 2012.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-04-2011, 06:05 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
Don't know anything about this event but i do think 60+ cars on a tour is too many. I have been on a lot of car tours through the countryside and i think 25 is way too many. More like a long parade. If you do the math with only 1 minute between cars on each end, you are looking at over two hours just to get out on the road and back into the destination parking area. Throw in some mishaps and it's a long afternoon of doing little. Just my 2 cents. YMMV. What always makes a road tour worth doing a second time is a good drive and a good destination party. I also like the idea of restricting the cars to a particular class or three. Like hot rods, tuners, exotics and such. mixing hot rods and exotics on a drive will never work. Piling up with bmws and porsches doesn't work for me either. Just some general comments. Nothing specific to your tour.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #3 of 3 Old 10-10-2011, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 11
Thanks for the feedback

Thanks for the feedback and thoughts…
Touring Joara is a European and Sports Car Tour with a poker run that has five stops were you pick up cards at interesting locations.
I have also been on several of these types of tours but it has always been with a car club with whatever my toy car was at the time. One thing I have done with Touring Joara is when I have had larger groups on the tour like the Ferrari Club of America NC Chapter was to have their own starting location and time which is unique to that group so that they hit the stops when no one else is there, for the most part and they are not following anyone but their own group.
The first year of the tour I did not even have an official start or location because of this but this year I was asked to have a rally start for those who were on there on and wanted to have the camaraderie of driving with others. At the end of the tour everyone meet up to receive their touring badges and have the poker prizes winners announced. I agree that it is not much fun to be in a parade while driving 100 miles. I also think keeping groups of car like exotics together is important especially if they are coming as a club or group .But for me it sure is fun to see a nice mix of cars out on the road “because I like all kinds of cars”. Thanks for your thoughts and I am on the same page.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode