Ferrari Life Posts: 787
Garage
NW Ferrari Concours

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330gt
Quote:
Originally Posted by donv
Can you show without being judged?

I had my 365GT judged last year at the concours in Seattle, and it was funny. I think my overall score was about right, maybe even a bit generous, but some of the deductions I got were completely wrong, and they missed some of the obvious things which were actually wrong.

I felt like they were looking for deductions so I would come in behind the local guy...

Other than that, it was fun being up there.
We felt the same way, lots of the judging was uninformed and based on other things than originality such as shiny paint. If you look at the event request for judges, image below, the instructions state "You do not need to be an expert to judge" meaning their judges were not experts in any model.
Nothing could be more convincing of this than when that blue Dino 03656 won. It had shiny new paint but many interior pieces were missing. No door cards, no door panels, no door leather, no pockets and also missing carpet and console bits. Apparently the restoration wasn't finished and that was why it had to be flat bedded into place on the field. The judges own score card shows that the Interior is the highest point awarding item, yet somehow it won?

There were two other Dinos with nice patina and originality there but neither owner was a local, Seattle guy.
Attached Images

En Dino Veritas

Last edited by USADino; 05-29-2019 at 07:04 AM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode