Seattle Visit Question - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 08-04-2015, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 355
Garage
Seattle Visit Question

Hey guys,
We are staying near Marysville so when we want to drive over to Port Angeles to take the ferry to Victoria, do we have a land only way of getting over there (like across Whidbey island) or do we have to take a ferry or go all the way around South to Tacoma?

Thanks,
Matt

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right." - Abraham Lincoln
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-04-2015, 04:22 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,320
The only land route is south around Tacoma. Going via Whidbey requires two ferry trips, one to Whidbey, and another from the island to Port Townsend. The drive south is not bad as long as you're not going through downtown Seattle during rush hour. Just be VERY careful once you round the bend and head toward Gig Harbor, the state troopers there hide very well just waiting for speeders. Saw them nab many an inattentive sailor rushing to make muster in Bremerton.

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.
post #3 of 8 Old 08-04-2015, 04:24 PM
Owner
Elite Member

BTW, where in Marysville? I used to live on 45th Ave NE.

post #4 of 8 Old 08-04-2015, 06:11 PM
GPM

Ferrari Life Posts: 59
I believe its one ferry to port townsend only, if I recall they built a bridge over to whidbey island,,
post #5 of 8 Old 08-04-2015, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 355
Garage
Thanks Guys.
Marysville is about 35 miles due North of Seattle. The Ferry is the Edmonds-Kingston Ferry and the first one crosses at 0530 weekdays so we will try to be there waiting for it...ouch LOL!

Will try to hit you guys up with what we do. I think we will just be tourists and do the needle and the fish market and then chill and grab dinner somewhere around there. Then we will hit Victoria the next day then it is on to our brothers in the North (Alberta style)...

Thanks for the inputs! Viva Ferrari!
MB

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right." - Abraham Lincoln
post #6 of 8 Old 08-04-2015, 08:40 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 931
Don't know that area too well... I'm down south in Olympia.
post #7 of 8 Old 08-05-2015, 02:38 AM
Owner
Elite Member

While downtown around Pikes, walk down to Pioneer Square. It's going upscale now, and a lot cleaner and safer than it used to be, but still has a good mix of vintage Seattle and grunge. After watching the fish throwing show at Pikes, head to Cutters across the street for a drink and fantastic view of the sound. Else Elliott's down on the wharfs for great seafood, drinks and the view.
For dinner, my hands-down favorite is Barolo, best Italian in the city. Second is Dahlia Lounge, you will dream about their food for weeks. Their homemade donuts are the best on the planet. Etta's, right across the street from Cutters is also good for seafood.
And last thing to do at night is go down to the ferry landing and have a chowder "nightcap" at Ivar's. Best way to prevent a hangover known to man.

Last edited by Killer58; 08-05-2015 at 02:43 AM.
post #8 of 8 Old 08-05-2015, 02:42 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Oh, and be careful around downtown Marysville at night, it's not a very safe place.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode