Maintenance in the Seattle Area - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 06-15-2012, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 76
Garage
Maintenance in the Seattle Area

Hello all! I just bought my first F car this week, a beautiful 89 328 GTS in rossa corsa/tan, just under 30K miles. I know there is a 30K maintenance, and it has been done twice on this car (last one was 7k miles/10 years ago) and I was planning on going ahead and getting it done again soon. I was wondering if anyone here can recommend a mechanic in the area to do this service. I live about 20 miles north of Seattle, and don't mind driving a little to get to a good mechanic. Thanks for any help you can give.

Chris

Own: 1989 328 GTS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-15-2012, 09:24 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 35
Congratulations on your new 328.
The local dealer is a good start. There are also several independent shops around Seattle that work on older Ferraris. I'm not the best person to ask for info on independent shops. Maybe someone else on the board can chime in with recommendations.

—Vic
post #3 of 6 Old 06-15-2012, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Garage
Thanks Vic. I was going to ask Ferrari of Seattle for a quote, but I've not had good experiences with the dealerships doing maintenance. Basically, they tried to charge me for a lot of work that wasn't really necessary. At any rate, everything I've read and heard from other people says the dealership is going to be the most expensive. I don't mind paying, but also don't mind paying less.

post #4 of 6 Old 06-18-2012, 09:11 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsevers View Post
Thanks Vic. I was going to ask Ferrari of Seattle for a quote, but I've not had good experiences with the dealerships doing maintenance. Basically, they tried to charge me for a lot of work that wasn't really necessary. At any rate, everything I've read and heard from other people says the dealership is going to be the most expensive. I don't mind paying, but also don't mind paying less.
The local authorized dealer has a great group of technicians on staff, so you really can't go wrong.

If you prefer to use an independent shop, there are a couple of shops that I've heard do good work on Ferrari's:
Alfa of Tacoma, in Tacoma (!)
And the the other shop that is gaining attention is BellevueCars.com in Bellevue (!)

Both of these shops have techs that used to work at the local authorized dealer.
However, I have no personal experience with either shop, but I heard a few testimonials that lead me to believe that you should at least check them out.

—Vic
post #5 of 6 Old 06-18-2012, 09:41 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Garage
Thanks. I actually dropped by Ferrari of Seattle this weekend and talked with their staff. They actually had a 328 on the rack when I was in there. I likely will use them for the maintenance. I'll let you know how that goes.

post #6 of 6 Old 07-21-2012, 01:06 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 826
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Sauce View Post

And the the other shop that is gaining attention is BellevueCars.com in Bellevue (!)

Both of these shops have techs that used to work at the local authorized dealer.
However, I have no personal experience with either shop, but I heard a few testimonials that lead me to believe that you should at least check them out.

—Vic
Been hearing good things about BellevueCars.com too!
Service Department, GJJM Motors LLC, 620-116th Ave NE, Bellevue, WA, (425) 455-2740

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode