Ferrari Life Forum banner

Invitation: 3 day Ferrari friends event to Maryhill Loops Road in the Columbia Gorge

5K views 19 replies 3 participants last post by  USADino 
#1 ·
July 23-25th, 2010

I wanted to invite you on a private 3 day driving trip to the Gorge over July 23-25th that is now 65% full towards selling out. Note: This is not an FCA trip and the FCA is not associated with this in any way as I'm running this on my own but it will have many of the same Ferrari faces.

Please consider joining us...while there is still space.
We depart Friday from Seattle, drive down the back roads E of Mt St. Helens, then arrive to meet our Oregon friends for a wine reception party before a provided shuttle to down town dinner. Saturday morning we drive the MaryHill Loops Road followed by lunch, a countryside drive to Mt Hood and a Saturday night group dinner party.
Note: Maryhill Loops Road is a very dangerous and technial private road tthat is a closed route with no emergency facilities. Each particpant must realize they are driving it at their own risk prior to registering.

To sign up for this event:

1) Make your reservations for two nights, July 23-25 by calling them at:
Celilo Inn 541.769-0001
and be sure to mention the Ferrari Group to gain access to our block of rooms.
Rates start at $129.00 per night plus tax.

2) Notify me that you have made reservations, so I can bill you for event fees. The cost is $50 per person due ($65 after June 30) for:
- Friday night wine reception party
- Friday evening shuttle to dining downtown
- Saturday drive at Maryhill Loops Road
- Saturday evening shuttle to dining downtown
- Saturday Night group dinner

3) Once paid, I'll email you the meeting place and time.

Please consider attending!

Sincerely,

Scott

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
The weather was perfect and people were commenting on how they had never been on such fun back roads!
The Blue Dino 03656 had broken down from electrical gremlins then after 30 mins it just decided to start and off we are

Attachments

#12 ·
Arrival and line up at the MaryHill's Loop private gate followed by the Driver's meeting

Attachments

#15 · (Edited)
Unfortunately Dino 03656 would never make it home under its own power.
After three days of being plagued with poor engine operation, and holding up the group drive on two occasions,
Dino 03656 succumbs to complete failure outside Portlnd Oregon and awaits a flatbed home to Seattle, WA.
Fellow owners stopped to lend assistance but this was the most catastrophic electrical failure and DOA.

Such rotten luck and the only car in the group not to complete the drive.
Hats off to our steadfast Dino attendees-turned-hitch-hikers Mark Nerheim and Julie Sprinkle for weathering the Dino storm!

#18 · (Edited)
Ferrari Dino 246 GT 03656
The first auction alleged a high end restoration. Several of the subsequent services described in the later auctions are surprising to have been needed just miles after said restoration.

Steering boxes should last decades not months.
Is this an indication of poor workmanship?

Sold for $423,000 in 2019

Sold for $385,000 in May 2021

Sold for $380,000 Aug 2023

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle

#20 · (Edited)
Now up for sale again on BAT
This car has been passed around at decreasing prices in an upward market, very odd
OCTOBER 2023

Ferrari Dino 246 GT 03656
The first auction alleged a high end restoration. Several of the subsequent services described in the later auctions are surprising to have been needed just miles after said restoration.

Steering boxes should last decades not months.
Is this an indication of poor workmanship?

View attachment 245138