Hello East Coast USA! - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 03-16-2007, 02:25 AM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Hello East Coast USA!

Just noticed the new forum and wanted to be the first from the East Coast of the United States to say HI!

Um, Andrew, I noticed you had a forum for Southeast USA, perhaps this one should be Northeast?

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 03-16-2007, 02:41 AM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Good idea, would a New Yorker consider themselves from the East or Northeast (New England?)
post #3 of 9 Old 03-16-2007, 02:56 AM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

New York is in the Northeast but not New England. Maryland is the border. People from the North consider Maryland to be in the South and people from the South consider Maryland to be in the North.

Capt. Pete

post #4 of 9 Old 03-21-2007, 05:29 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 293
Hi everyone,

Great to have a New England section on Ferrari Life. Now get out there and TRACK your cars!!! While my schedule is at http://www.enjoythetrack.com/race_schedule/, please come join me at various events either to watch, to lend a hand, are dare we say it... track your Ferrari.

The main events open to Fcars where we can meet would be at http://www.comscc.org/

Will also be doing SCCA events, though these are generally not open to stock Fcars for on-track, i really could use a hand at the track (please please please).

Look forward to seeing Flife guys at the track
post #5 of 9 Old 03-23-2007, 07:25 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
Hi everyone,

Great to have a New England section on Ferrari Life. Now get out there and TRACK your cars!!! While my schedule is at http://www.enjoythetrack.com/race_schedule/, please come join me at various events either to watch, to lend a hand, are dare we say it... track your Ferrari.

The main events open to Fcars where we can meet would be at http://www.comscc.org/

Will also be doing SCCA events, though these are generally not open to stock Fcars for on-track, i really could use a hand at the track (please please please).

Look forward to seeing Flife guys at the track
It was nice meeting you today, I'll gladly lend a hand with your cars if I can!

Shameless plug:

Check out my shop's website (in my sig.) AVA Restoration: for all your automotive restoration, service and conversational needs.
post #6 of 9 Old 03-23-2007, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Brendan,
So you met Steve also? My wife and I hooked up with him last year. He's a good guy. I hope to hook up this year also. Maybe to lend a hand at the track or, dare I say it, track my Ferrari. I guess Steve's pressure is getting to me. One of my goals in life was to own a Ferrari, now one of my goals is to track it. Thanks a freakin' lot Steve!

Capt. Pete
post #7 of 9 Old 03-25-2007, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete04222 View Post
One of my goals in life was to own a Ferrari, now one of my goals is to track it. Thanks a freakin' lot Steve!
Always glad to help

COMSCC still has spots available for Watkins Glenn on April 23 / 24 and they have a hotel deal for $100/night at a very nice hotel (Radisson in Corning). Watkins Glenn is a more free-flowing track that the tight and technical NHIS. Besides, WGI was also an F1 track so you could also say you drove on an F1 track

As you know, various videos of the closest tracks to you can be seen at http://www.enjoythetrack.com/video/

Oh yeah, the drive to and surrounding area to WGI is magnificent IMO. Drive right through the Brooksheers (?sp?) too, so on the way to the track you could have a nice lunch/dinner. Realize you live in Maine so WGI would be a bit of a haul. If you do go to track event let me know as i can bring normal car jacks and whatnot PLUS want to be sure you flush your brake fluid and use Motul 600. Naturally i'd be happy to help you prep the car at the track the night before the event.
post #8 of 9 Old 03-25-2007, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidhle007 View Post
It was nice meeting you today, I'll gladly lend a hand with your cars if I can!
Many thanks. Took the car out for her first long spin in 2007 yesterday. Wanted to stop by but figured it being the weekend... Plan to see your shop at some point in the next few weeks, as am busy this week and next week have a car tech inspection and a few track days with my other (non-Ferrari)car.
post #9 of 9 Old 11-18-2009, 04:55 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete04222 View Post
New York is in the Northeast but not New England. Maryland is the border. People from the North consider Maryland to be in the South and people from the South consider Maryland to be in the North.
I am in MD and agree we have an identity problem which is why I would propose and support a Mid-Atlantic sub-forum.

I'm fresh out of Rebel flags and the Yanks think I have a southern drawl. The true southeners think I'm a carpetbagger.

Maybe I should relocate?

Last edited by 360 Modena; 11-18-2009 at 04:55 PM. Reason: typo

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode