2015 STL Area Spotters Thread - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 376 Old 01-01-2015, 04:50 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,340
2015 STL Area Spotters Thread

Happy New Year, STL gang!

maybe this year you'll be able spot me back in town!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollsorferrari? View Post
Chas, you sir, are a genius.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 376 Old 01-01-2015, 06:45 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyIncognito View Post
Happy New Year, STL gang!

maybe this year you'll be able spot me back in town!
Days of the donkey part deux?
post #3 of 376 Old 01-01-2015, 10:37 AM Thread Starter

how is the ?

recovering from a rough night last night?

Quote:

post #4 of 376 Old 01-01-2015, 12:24 PM

Quote:
how is the ?

recovering from a rough night last night?
So...much...pain...I can't stop the pounding in my head - not the worst hangover I've ever had, but in the top 10 lol
post #5 of 376 Old 01-01-2015, 12:29 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 513
Well...its not a STL spotting thread unless I've spotted something. That being said, found a Huracan off Airport road this morning in the Valley.
Attached Images

post #6 of 376 Old 01-01-2015, 03:06 PM Thread Starter

nice! I love the Huracan. especially in that green.

what's the story on this I-70 toll road nonsense?

Quote:
post #7 of 376 Old 01-02-2015, 06:12 AM

Quote:
nice! I love the Huracan. especially in that green.

what's the story on this I-70 toll road nonsense?
Having driven 70 from STL to KC and back easily 15-20 times, I can attest something needs to get done. I've been caught behind a truck trying to pass another truck too many times on 70 - not to mention people in Missouri don't understand how to do interstate driving (if you're in the left lane, and trucks are passing you in the right lane, move over, that is one of my biggest pet peeves). The number I heard was $20 to drive 70 from state line to state line, which I don't think people will be willing to pay. Not to mention if you get to the next toll booth too quickly, you're bound to get a ticket. I think a toll could do some good if it means widening 70 to 6/8 lanes, but make it a flat toll.
post #8 of 376 Old 01-02-2015, 07:10 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Having driven 70 from STL to KC and back easily 15-20 times, I can attest something needs to get done. I've been caught behind a truck trying to pass another truck too many times on 70 - not to mention people in Missouri don't understand how to do interstate driving (if you're in the left lane, and trucks are passing you in the right lane, move over, that is one of my biggest pet peeves). The number I heard was $20 to drive 70 from state line to state line, which I don't think people will be willing to pay. Not to mention if you get to the next toll booth too quickly, you're bound to get a ticket. I think a toll could do some good if it means widening 70 to 6/8 lanes, but make it a flat toll.
it's a hidden tax...people will pay it, they have to, as there's no other reasonably efficient way of getting from STL to KC or even Columbia. they just might reduce their travel between the cities. (think what it will do to Mizzou kids...if it's $10 each way from Columbia to STL or KC, that's $20 round trip each time they want to go home!)

if you make it truckers only-which makes sense, as they're the ones tearing up the roads and causing traffic problems-you'll just force some/most of the traffic to 44, or I40/I80/etc.

so I don't see a way to make it a toll road that will achieve what they want to achieve without damaging something else-restricting tourism or commerce, or pumping millions (billions?) into a potentially underfunded construction project.

I think it's a stupid idea. maybe it's just testing the waters for something less damaging...higher gas/diesel taxes, etc (MO is one of the lowest anyway)

Quote:
post #9 of 376 Old 01-02-2015, 07:33 AM

Quote:
it's a hidden tax...people will pay it, they have to, as there's no other reasonably efficient way of getting from STL to KC or even Columbia. they just might reduce their travel between the cities. (think what it will do to Mizzou kids...if it's $10 each way from Columbia to STL or KC, that's $20 round trip each time they want to go home!)

if you make it truckers only-which makes sense, as they're the ones tearing up the roads and causing traffic problems-you'll just force some/most of the traffic to 44, or I40/I80/etc.

so I don't see a way to make it a toll road that will achieve what they want to achieve without damaging something else-restricting tourism or commerce, or pumping millions (billions?) into a potentially underfunded construction project.

I think it's a stupid idea. maybe it's just testing the waters for something less damaging...higher gas/diesel taxes, etc (MO is one of the lowest anyway)
I agree about Mizzou kids - sucks for them. It'll also hurt those living in eastern KCMO as well. The only major highway from Blue Springs (where I lived) until you hit Independence MO is 70. That's about 15 miles IIRC - try doing that everyday with a $2 toll each way just to drive to and from work. I do like your trucker only toll idea though...
post #10 of 376 Old 01-02-2015, 03:29 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,021
I like the idea of toll roads - whatever it takes to get rid of personal property tax.

Gas is so cheap and cars are getting higher mpg let alone the electric cars that contribute zip - going to have to do something.

Anyway take a look at how many Missourian's take income outside Mo. - we have a lot of crazy ways of taxing.

Legalize marijuana! Between taxing not prosecuting criminals it's the obvious solution that is well overdue.

FF 16M Speciale
Lamborghini SV Roadster
Carrera GT GT3RS Viper ACR
Bentayga 69z28 Healey
post #11 of 376 Old 01-03-2015, 05:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by champagne612 View Post
I like the idea of toll roads - whatever it takes to get rid of personal property tax.

Gas is so cheap and cars are getting higher mpg let alone the electric cars that contribute zip - going to have to do something.

Anyway take a look at how many Missourian's take income outside Mo. - we have a lot of crazy ways of taxing.

Legalize marijuana! Between taxing not prosecuting criminals it's the obvious solution that is well overdue.
I don't think tolls would be enough to get rid of personal property tax. although abolishing public education would as I understand Nixon's plan, the toll would be used primarily for road improvements.

agree on legalizing marijuana.

Quote:
post #12 of 376 Old 01-03-2015, 08:39 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,021
Quote:
I don't think tolls would be enough to get rid of personal property tax. although abolishing public education would as I understand Nixon's plan, the toll would be used primarily for road improvements.

agree on legalizing marijuana.
One toll - no.

Lots of tolls yes - our roads and bridges are in need of work and expansion.

FF 16M Speciale
Lamborghini SV Roadster
Carrera GT GT3RS Viper ACR
Bentayga 69z28 Healey
post #13 of 376 Old 01-03-2015, 09:11 AM

How you feeling Doug?

Agreed also on legalization - but I don't see personal property taxes ever going away. A little piece of me dies every December.
post #14 of 376 Old 01-03-2015, 04:51 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 42
it's been a while, but i thought of you guys when i read about a company that moved from san francisco to st. louis to cut their overhead. pretty interesting group.

Why I'm Moving My Business From San Francisco to St. Louis | Need/Want
post #15 of 376 Old 01-03-2015, 05:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by champagne612 View Post
One toll - no.

Lots of tolls yes - our roads and bridges are in need of work and expansion.
a lot of those bridges were designed by my grandfather....

.....in the 1960's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumbaco View Post
it's been a while, but i thought of you guys when i read about a company that moved from san francisco to st. louis to cut their overhead. pretty interesting group.

Why I'm Moving My Business From San Francisco to St. Louis | Need/Want
businesses are dumping SanFran/Silicon Valley when they get to the point where a) they don't need direct access to VC firms, incubators, etc and/or b) the work they do is no longer "cool" enough to attract the SF/SV type computer dorks.

a few companies have even been lured to Central Floriduh, mostly through tax incentives.

Quote:
post #16 of 376 Old 01-04-2015, 06:03 AM Thread Starter

happy birthday Scott!

Quote:
post #17 of 376 Old 01-04-2015, 07:35 AM

Quote:
happy birthday Scott!
Thank you, you're far too kind - but it's just another day for me now, I'm an old man. Ryan - post some party pics from college, help me remember the good ol' days
post #18 of 376 Old 01-04-2015, 05:27 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 513
Quote:
Thank you, you're far too kind - but it's just another day for me now, I'm an old man. Ryan - post some party pics from college, help me remember the good ol' days
Here you go - went to this rager earlier today
post #19 of 376 Old 01-05-2015, 04:35 AM

Oh yes, that's the stuff I remember

Well, I got the best (late) birthday present ever - confirmation that the Rams are planning on moving
post #20 of 376 Old 01-05-2015, 03:09 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 110
Does anyone have the calculation to figure out personal property taxes on vehicles? Also, is there a cap per car or can it be a infinite amount based off the market value?

1997 F355 Berlinetta / Azzurro Hyperion Blue / 6 Speed

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode