Ferrari Life

Ferrari Life (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/)
-   US Midwest (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/us-midwest/)
-   -   Cardinals 2013 Season (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/us-midwest/19519-cardinals-2013-season.html)

Jack Russell Racing 12-03-2012 11:24 AM

Cardinals 2013 Season

Anyone else get the mini-pack promotions for the 2013 season? There is a weekend pack that includes about 10 games. If I factor airfare into the equation, and deduct parking (Metrolink!), it'll only cost about a million bucks to watch a few games in person. Instead, perhaps I'll just post some pictures of Luca's new playroom that we've outfitted with a new TV for the upcoming season. Mrs. JRR evicted us, after last season's 100+ games. Seriously.

On a more serious note, who's interested in picking a Saturday game for an f-life get-together? Chas and I can probably get reasonable airline tickets this far in advance, and seats would be easy to score.

GuyIncognito 12-03-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Russell Racing (Post 224866)
Anyone else get the mini-pack promotions for the 2013 season? There is a weekend pack that includes about 10 games. If I factor airfare into the equation, and deduct parking (Metrolink!), it'll only cost about a million bucks to watch a few games in person. Instead, perhaps I'll just post some pictures of Luca's new playroom that we've outfitted with a new TV for the upcoming season. Mrs. JRR evicted us, after last season's 100+ games. Seriously.

On a more serious note, who's interested in picking a Saturday game for an f-life get-together? Chas and I can probably get reasonable airline tickets this far in advance, and seats would be easy to score.

LOL @ getting evicted. I told a friend that I watched all or part of nearly 200 Cards games last year (including pre season and playoffs) and she looked at me like I was insane. which I probably am :o

As for an F-Life meetup, let's do it! Spring or fall works better so we don't sweat our asses off. and this time let's buy tickets before we're two blocks from the stadium :crowngrin: (Scott and Doug know what I'm talking about)

champagne612 12-03-2012 12:04 PM

I am in!

You guys tell me what series and I will arrange some green seats if the number stays small.

If you aren't from Missouri - Cardinal Nation is simply unexplainable.

I think it was one block and the parking spot was sweet :)

Jack Russell Racing 12-03-2012 12:05 PM

Maybe something like Saturday June 1 vs. SF ?

GuyIncognito 12-03-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Russell Racing (Post 224872)
Maybe something like Saturday June 1 vs. SF ?

that might work, does anyone know the date of the Euro auto show yet?

rollsorferrari? 12-03-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by champagne612 (Post 224871)
I think it was one block and the parking spot was sweet :)

Haha - memories I'll never forget

I'm in, let me know when!

rollsorferrari? 12-04-2012 06:36 PM

Odds are I'll be picking up the opening day pack - Doug, got a connection for the commissioners seats right next to the dugout so I can teach MM a lesson or two? :)

champagne612 12-04-2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rollsorferrari? (Post 225055)
Odds are I'll be picking up the opening day pack - Doug, got a connection for the commissioners seats right next to the dugout so I can teach MM a lesson or two? :)

I have an idea :) take your butt down to Spring Training and chirp at will :wall:

Chas - I will send Greg over at designs n motion an e-mail.

Hopefully it's a SF weekend to make Daniel a happy camper :)

rollsorferrari? 12-04-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by champagne612 (Post 225056)
I have an idea :) take your butt down to Spring Training and chirp at will :wall:

Chas - I will send Greg over at designs n motion an e-mail.

Hopefully it's a SF weekend to make Daniel a happy camper :)

Believe me, that's on my list...I've been to roger dean stadium, just not during spring training.

Chas and Daniel - come up with a weekend and I'll make sure I'm free

Jack Russell Racing 12-04-2012 07:43 PM

I'm no great fan of San Fran, but thought it would fit our criteria of: springtime (not brutally hot yet), Saturday game, decent chance of a good game being played.

So, my two votes are:

Saturday May 18 vs Brewers
Saturday June 1 vs. Giants

Lets try to keep it as simple as possible and work with the fewest possible dates.

Jack Russell Racing 12-04-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rollsorferrari? (Post 225055)
....so I can teach MM a lesson or two? :)

Oh dear, do we have to endure another season this song? Until you're chewing the sunflower seeds and hanging on the rail along first base, your cred is shot! :)

champagne612 12-05-2012 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rollsorferrari? (Post 225057)
Believe me, that's on my list...I've been to roger dean stadium, just not during spring training.

Chas and Daniel - come up with a weekend and I'll make sure I'm free

I was friends with Ducky Medwicks grandson - his grandma had a place there so we were able to go pretty much wherever we wanted.

It's a lot like sports back in hs - they are extremely happy to see fans and talk baseball.

Granucci 12-05-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Russell Racing (Post 225071)
I'm no great fan of San Fran, but thought it would fit our criteria of: springtime (not brutally hot yet), Saturday game, decent chance of a good game being played.

So, my two votes are:

Saturday May 18 vs Brewers
Saturday June 1 vs. Giants

Lets try to keep it as simple as possible and work with the fewest possible dates.

WELL, I am now debating my new purchase of retention bearings from Ricambi, phhft

rollsorferrari? 01-06-2013 06:06 PM

I find it kind of funny and ironic that Berkman signed with the Rangers. First of all, a couple of years ago he locked the rangers. Secondly, he's said that he hates the DH rule (good man :)) and thirdly if it weren't for him the rangers would have won game 6. I wish him nothing but the best, he's one of the last of an era.

GuyIncognito 01-07-2013 07:19 AM

so are we confirmed for a date on this (5/18 or 6/1)?

need to put it on the calendar and start looking at plane tickets, etc....

Jack Russell Racing 01-07-2013 07:21 AM

I'm good on either one. Just waiting for the rest to chime in....

GuyIncognito 01-07-2013 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Russell Racing (Post 229125)
I'm good on either one. Just waiting for the rest to chime in....

same here.

big questions were:
1) date of Euro auto show
2) availability of group tickets

any updates, local peeps?

rollsorferrari? 01-07-2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuyIncognito (Post 229129)
same here.

big questions were:
1) date of Euro auto show
2) availability of group tickets

any updates, local peeps?

I can check on that stuff - depending on the opponent it may or may not be tough to get a group allotment. Lets pick a date and proceed from there - I'll get info on the date of the car show at some point today

Jack Russell Racing 01-07-2013 08:25 AM

Screw the group tickets and freebie hot dog. We're sitting big. Just pick a date, and I'll get on StubHub.

I vote 5/18

rollsorferrari? 01-07-2013 08:53 AM

Based on past years I'm guessing 6-2 is the car show...days of the donkey part tres?

Any interest in making this an actual thing? Inviting anyone and everyone for a weekend full of debauchery?