Stl c&c - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 Old 11-09-2012, 09:51 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,393
Stl c&c

I saw what Bill posted earlier today, and he had a good point. We haven't done much with it recently. What are your thoughts on where to go from here? At last check we have 188 members, of those I don't know everyone personally, so I'm not sure what kind of group we actually have.

So, what are your thoughts? Monthly coffee & car show get together? Monthly drives? Let it be as is?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 Old 11-09-2012, 11:37 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 150
The orginal plan was a monthly meet up at 8AM on a Saturday. Grab a coffee and then head out to drive around 830. If you want to have a brisk drive in the country, it's best to get it done early before there are too many people about.
I organized about 6 of these. The first one had 12 people and 6 went for a great drive. The 2nd had 10 people and 3 went for a drive. The third, no one drove. The last, only 2 people showed up.
I gave up at that point.
I would love to get this going again. Chas and I managed to whip up some enthusiasm, but it's been pretty soft since he left town.
I'm up for trying again, but would like some firmer commitments from the people on this board.
Bill
post #3 of 40 Old 11-09-2012, 03:14 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,021
I would love to join in more.

Back on the nasty stuff next week so I can't commit but will try to make any event scheduled.

After mid March I will be good to go!

Flip side - given the amount of people on C&C not so sure it's a good idea to promote a spirited drive?

FF 16M Speciale
Lamborghini SV Roadster
Carrera GT GT3RS Viper ACR
Bentayga 69z28 Healey

post #4 of 40 Old 11-09-2012, 09:10 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by champagne612 View Post
I would love to join in more.

Back on the nasty stuff next week so I can't commit but will try to make any event scheduled.

After mid March I will be good to go!

Flip side - given the amount of people on C&C not so sure it's a good idea to promote a spirited drive?
Just remember there are more important things to do than go on a drive...get well soon Doug!
post #5 of 40 Old 11-10-2012, 06:53 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 27
More important!?

What's more important than going for a drive?? Can't imagine!! Just kidding of course but I have to say I had an amazing drive today through Augusta with the top down in November! Definitely lifted my spirits!!!

Doug it sounds as if you have to go back on some chemo (a guess). I have tried it and think it's not fun but it is doing the trick. Best of luck to you. Hope you get great results!
post #6 of 40 Old 11-10-2012, 06:56 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 258
Bill, I will commit to the meets and drives. I am now working some saturday AMs but am always in for a fun time.

Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!
post #7 of 40 Old 11-10-2012, 06:56 PM

Join?

Is this another group I need to join? If so who do I contact?
post #8 of 40 Old 11-10-2012, 07:20 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC 10 View Post
What's more important than going for a drive?? Can't imagine!! Just kidding of course but I have to say I had an amazing drive today through Augusta with the top down in November! Definitely lifted my spirits!!!

Doug it sounds as if you have to go back on some chemo (a guess). I have tried it and think it's not fun but it is doing the trick. Best of luck to you. Hope you get great results!
Thanks and Congratulations!

Completed rad / chem surgery etc for 7 months - now only 4 months of insurance mix a lotta via port / oral then they put me back together

Had the top down today up to Lake St Louis and back

FF 16M Speciale
Lamborghini SV Roadster
Bentayga 69z28 Healey
post #9 of 40 Old 11-10-2012, 07:23 PM
Owner

Quote:
Is this another group I need to join? If so who do I contact?
St Louis Cars and Coffee on Facebook.

FF 16M Speciale
Lamborghini SV Roadster
Bentayga 69z28 Healey
post #10 of 40 Old 11-11-2012, 05:03 PM

Appreciation

Quote:
Thanks and Congratulations!

Completed rad / chem surgery etc for 7 months - now only 4 months of insurance mix a lotta via port / oral then they put me back together

Had the top down today up to Lake St Louis and back
Well all I can say about that is it sure makes you appreciate a great day in a great car. Have been in remission for a year and I truly enjoy every day. I take targeted treatment via port every 3 wks then put the top down and go out to the country. Hope they get you to NED or at least remission soon! Hang in!
post #11 of 40 Old 11-11-2012, 05:19 PM
Owner

Quote:
Well all I can say about that is it sure makes you appreciate a great day in a great car. Have been in remission for a year and I truly enjoy every day. I take targeted treatment via port every 3 wks then put the top down and go out to the country. Hope they get you to NED or at least remission soon! Hang in!
A few days after round 1 took out the 16M - nothing could have made me feel more alive

I am taking oral plus port every other week. Figure if I take it on Tuesday it will knock me out every other weekend.

8 sessions on the port how bad can it be - last round kicked my butt at the end a bit.

They got everything during surgery but there were enough lymph nodes to make it stage 3 so I need the extra chemo.

FF 16M Speciale
Lamborghini SV Roadster
Bentayga 69z28 Healey
post #12 of 40 Old 11-12-2012, 08:53 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 470
Quote:
A few days after round 1 took out the 16M - nothing could have made me feel more alive

I am taking oral plus port every other week. Figure if I take it on Tuesday it will knock me out every other weekend.

8 sessions on the port how bad can it be - last round kicked my butt at the end a bit.

They got everything during surgery but there were enough lymph nodes to make it stage 3 so I need the extra chemo.
Damn dude! sorry to hear that.. as always,let me know if you need help with anything.

Porsche owner, aka "fat cab"
post #13 of 40 Old 11-12-2012, 10:25 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
Damn dude! sorry to hear that.. as always,let me know if you need help with anything.
+1

keep fighting Dougie! just pretend cancer is Fchat's P&R section, only you can ban it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollsorferrari? View Post
Chas, you sir, are a genius.
post #14 of 40 Old 11-12-2012, 10:29 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
Thanks!

No surprises - everything has been expected after I was diagnosed.

Tough part is 80% done - no worries just want to get done with it.

If it comes back which is a small percentage I will kick it's ass all over again

FF 16M Speciale
Lamborghini SV Roadster
Bentayga 69z28 Healey
post #15 of 40 Old 11-12-2012, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Thanks!

No surprises - everything has been expected after I was diagnosed.

Tough part is 80% done - no worries just want to get done with it.

If it comes back which is a small percentage I will kick it's ass all over again
Yeah we're in an amazing place and time where severe cancers in 3rd and 4th stage can be treated like a major inconvenience!! Don't ya love it? What are they giving you? I had Taxol/Carboplatin To use your word---nasty. But you just have to GET THROUGH IT! Sounds like you have the best idea----GO GET THOSE D___N BUGS! I am rooting for you.

BTW Can't wait to see the 16M at some gathering. Never have seen one.
post #16 of 40 Old 11-12-2012, 03:56 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyIncognito View Post
+1

keep fighting Dougie! just pretend cancer is Fchat's P&R section, only you can ban it!
LOL!

Consider it done!

FF 16M Speciale
Lamborghini SV Roadster
Bentayga 69z28 Healey
post #17 of 40 Old 11-12-2012, 04:02 PM
Owner

Quote:
Yeah we're in an amazing place and time where severe cancers in 3rd and 4th stage can be treated like a major inconvenience!! Don't ya love it? What are they giving you? I had Taxol/Carboplatin To use your word---nasty. But you just have to GET THROUGH IT! Sounds like you have the best idea----GO GET THOSE D___N BUGS! I am rooting for you.

BTW Can't wait to see the 16M at some gathering. Never have seen one.
I have no idea - will know tomorrow but the less I know the better it keeps me from googling the what if world.

Anyone who has been a patient knows that kicking the ass of a disease is quite rewarding

The best view of the 16M
Attached Images

FF 16M Speciale
Lamborghini SV Roadster
Bentayga 69z28 Healey
post #18 of 40 Old 11-14-2012, 05:40 PM

What a GORGEOUS CAR! Unbelievable view. Like the side view too! Do they all come with the Italian stripe or was thar your idea? What year is it? How did treatment go?
post #19 of 40 Old 11-14-2012, 07:01 PM
Owner

Quote:
What a GORGEOUS CAR! Unbelievable view. Like the side view too! Do they all come with the Italian stripe or was thar your idea? What year is it? How did treatment go?
Thanks!

Stripe was an option - 09 that I bought used the day it hit the internet earlier this year.

Treatment was long almost 5 hours but uneventful - lovin the port

Assuming it will hit me tomm til Sunday and then I am off for 3 weeks butfor the oral - 9 a day.

WTF is with drinking or touching something cold - HOLY CRAP THAT HURTS!

They warned me but ... wow wee! Doc said it should stop within 5 days after drip treatment.

Can't wait to see what's next

FF 16M Speciale
Lamborghini SV Roadster
Bentayga 69z28 Healey
post #20 of 40 Old 11-14-2012, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Thanks!

Stripe was an option - 09 that I bought used the day it hit the internet earlier this year.

Treatment was long almost 5 hours but uneventful - lovin the port

Assuming it will hit me tomm til Sunday and then I am off for 3 weeks butfor the oral - 9 a day.

WTF is with drinking or touching something cold - HOLY CRAP THAT HURTS!

They warned me but ... wow wee! Doc said it should stop within 5 days after drip treatment.

Can't wait to see what's next
Wow sorry never had that side effect. Did you find out what they gave you? Sounds like we have diff protocalls as most people do. At least the port makes things easy! I never had oral chemo at all. Is it bad? So you just ran into the car by accident or were you advertising for the 16M? As rare as they are I bet you were excited to find one!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode