FCA Missouri & So. Illinois Board Elections - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 09-11-2012, 04:36 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 719
FCA Missouri & So. Illinois Board Elections

At the encouragment of Doug I have started this thread. Please use this to discuss our Chapter. If anyone is willing to stand for election to our chapter's board please let us know here. Also, if you are willing to take an active roll in the club even if it is not as a board member please make it known here and what you might be interested in handling.

Here is the notice from the club on the upcoming elections. The current board is comprised of:

President: Evan Crandall
VP-webmaster - Ian Poertner
VP- Mike Hesterberg
Secretary/Treasurer - Carl Fitzwater

As this notice shows Evan is standing for re-election. Ian and Carl are willing to take a roll again only if need be.

My understanding of the coming new bylaws that will be voted into existance during this years Annual Meet in Palm Springs (October 10-14) is that the Secretary and Treasurer must be two separate people. Under the new bylaws no person may have the same board position for more that 2 consecutive terms at any one time.

The is only one requirement to be a board member: currently paid dues. There is no club member duration requirement, no "own a Ferrari" requirement, nothing except your money has been paid. This applies to every seat on the board.

I have already notified the entire current board that I will stand for election for any post except president. That is not a position that I am willing to undertake at this time. I continue to be willing to handle the newsletter writing [if you have noticed a lack of newsletter being sent out it is not because of them not being written]

Also, please do make sure that your contact information and e-mail address is correct with the national FCA office, Theresa Gilpatrick, and with our own Claudia. With Claudia make sure she knows if e-mails vs. snail-mail is OK for communications.

Jeff

Call for Elections

It’s time for the nomination andelection of officers. The regionalbylaws govern the process. A copy of the bylaws is available on our website at http://fca-mo.org. All four offices will be available fornomination and election: president, vicepresident, secretary, and treasurer. Thecurrent president, Evan Crandall, will run for re-election. Some of the other current officers haveexpressed an interest in having new people participate in club leadership andare not returning to their positions.

Nominations can be sent beginning October 1, 2012 via email to Evan Crandall at [email protected]. The deadline for nominations is December 1, 2012. You may nominate yourself or another person. If you are going to nominate another personplease contact them first so they are not surprised when a member of thenominating committee tries to confirm their candidacy. The emailing party aswell as the nominee will receive an email confirming the receipt of thenomination. One of the current club officerswill then contact each nominee to reconfirm they are interested in theposition. We are working on finalizingthe voting process. We are hoping tohave our first electronic election and have the FCA handle the voting process. PLEASE MAKE CERTAIN YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS ISON FILE WITH THE FERRARI CLUB OF AMERICA. Please contact Evan Crandall ifyou do not have access to email or a computer. Special arrangements will be made. The ballots (with a unique link toeach member which allows only one vote) will be sent February15, 2013 to the email address on file with the FCA. All voting must be completed by March 15, 2013. The results will be posted as soon as FCA makes them available. If youare aware of club members not receiving mailings, please have them update theiraddress with FCA and contact Evan as well. Only members with a current mailing address and email address on filewith FCA will receive a ballot as there is no other way to contact you. In the event FCA cannot handle the votingprocess we will use the United States Postal Service to send ballots to theaddress on file with FCA. The contactinformation for membership services at Ferrari Club or America is asfollows:

Phone 1-800-328-0444

Email: [email protected].

Ifyou email them, please confirm they received and updated your information.

Each officer will be in charge of astanding committee as follows: parties,rallies, car shows, newsletter/mailings. Assignments to the committees will be basedon interest and needs of the club. We arealso asking for additional volunteers to be helpers on the committees. You do not have to be an officer. Please submit your requests for the committeeyou would like to help with to Evan Crandall at [email protected]

UpcomingEvents

October 7 – Columbus Day Parade – postparade lunch – details to follow

November 4 – Fall rally to VillaAntonio

November 25 – 9:30 am Formula 1 partyat the Crandall’s – Brazil Grand Prix LIVE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 09-11-2012, 08:30 AM Thread Starter
Owner

I am attempting to get a definitive list of board positions there will be for this election. In my opinion, there are some logic holes in how the national FCA believes that the Chapters should operate with the Regional bylaws as they affect the board.

Here is what the by-laws state:

Section A- Regional Officers

The officers of the Region shall be:

1. Regional Director
2. Assistant Regional Directors) (a number not to exceed the number of states/provinces in the Region)
3. Regional Secretary
4. Regional Treasurer

Since as a Chapter we function within the Region change everything that says Region to Chapter. That means we can have:
Chapter Director (president)
Assitant Chapter Director (VP) - we seemingly, in our case, have the option of having one or 2 at this position
Chapter Secretary
Chapter Treasurer

Jeff

Last edited by Jeff Kennedy; 09-11-2012 at 08:36 AM.
post #3 of 12 Old 09-11-2012, 09:02 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Kennedy View Post
I am attempting to get a definitive list of board positions there will be for this election. In my opinion, there are some logic holes in how the national FCA believes that the Chapters should operate with the Regional bylaws as they affect the board.
LOL, now there's a euphemism

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollsorferrari? View Post
Chas, you sir, are a genius.

post #4 of 12 Old 09-11-2012, 10:57 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,021
Quote:

Here is what the by-laws state:

Section A- Regional Officers

The officers of the Region shall be:

1. Regional Director
2. Assistant Regional Directors) (a number not to exceed the number of states/provinces in the Region)
3. Regional Secretary
4. Regional Treasurer

Since as a Chapter we function within the Region change everything that says Region to Chapter. That means we can have:
Chapter Director (president)
Assitant Chapter Director (VP) - we seemingly, in our case, have the option of having one or 2 at this position
Chapter Secretary
Chapter Treasurer

Jeff
I suggest we have two when given the option.

At the very least we all owe it ourselves to make this one of the best Chapters in the country.

This is the first time we have clarity - let's not miss the opportunity to make the most out of it.

An investment of slightly over 10.00 a month - best Hamilton investment an owner or enthusiast could ever make!

FF 16M Speciale
Lamborghini SV Roadster
Carrera GT GT3RS Viper ACR
Bentayga 69z28 Healey
post #5 of 12 Old 09-11-2012, 11:30 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,393
Every organization where people are passionate will have issues. I'm dealing with some huge issues in the Eagle Scout Association. It happens, but hopefully (like the beanballs from baseball) you take your licks and then have a beer with everyone afterwards.

With that said, I think it's great that the current board is becoming more open. They acted similar to a secret society when I was a member - you knew who they were but no idea what they did. Evan would do a great job in a second term, but it's a sign of trouble if nobody is willing to step up and take the reins over.
post #6 of 12 Old 09-11-2012, 11:36 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyIncognito View Post
LOL, now there's a euphemism
What I am referring to is how from the national level of the FCA the edict is that no Chapter will have it's own bylaws. This becomes a situation where the national attorney says that since a chapter, any chapter, exists solely as a sub function of it's region then the Region bylaws are the sole governing rules. We are not allowed to take the Region bylaws and rename them into the chapter's name. I would guess that if we want some things unique all we can do is make stated "policies" but they cannot in anyway conflict with the home region's bylwas.

Jeff
post #7 of 12 Old 09-11-2012, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollsorferrari? View Post
Every organization where people are passionate will have issues. I'm dealing with some huge issues in the Eagle Scout Association. It happens, but hopefully (like the beanballs from baseball) you take your licks and then have a beer with everyone afterwards.

With that said, I think it's great that the current board is becoming more open. They acted similar to a secret society when I was a member - you knew who they were but no idea what they did. Evan would do a great job in a second term, but it's a sign of trouble if nobody is willing to step up and take the reins over.
I should point out that there was a dormant period for our chapter. Dan Feinberg was a recurring president following his official term because he either was the only one willing to step in when an elected president ceased to be interested further or no one else would step forward. Finally even Dan tired of always being the "one". The revival of the club occurred with Bud Stroheide. He was followed by Jim Weddle who had to serve longer than he planned because it took a while for his successor (Evan) to emerge.

I take it as one of our biggest challenges to to increase the circle of people that are willing to be actively involved so that we do find ourselves in another dormancy period again.

Last I heard we are now around 70 dues paying members in our Chapter. In case anyone is not aware our territory is all of Missouri east of a line about Columbia to Springfield, Missour and all of Illinois south of Chicagoland.

Jeff
post #8 of 12 Old 09-11-2012, 11:54 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,393
Quote:
I should point out that there was a dormant period for our chapter. Dan Feinberg was a recurring president following his official term because he either was the only one willing to step in when an elected president ceased to be interested further or no one else would step forward. Finally even Dan tired of always being the "one". The revival of the club occurred with Bud Stroheide. He was followed by Jim Weddle who had to serve longer than he planned because it took a while for his successor (Evan) to emerge.

I take it as one of our biggest challenges to to increase the circle of people that are willing to be actively involved so that we do find ourselves in another dormancy period again.

Last I heard we are now around 70 dues paying members in our Chapter. In case anyone is not aware our territory is all of Missouri east of a line about Columbia to Springfield, Missour and all of Illinois south of Chicagoland.

Jeff
Bud is the one that brought me in. It's tough when it's a small organization, but in some cases good. 70 dues paying members for the above stated area is not bad at all, although it would be telling if someone had a breakdown of percentages by city or area - probably 3/4 at least come from within 25-50 miles of the city of St. Louis
post #9 of 12 Old 09-11-2012, 06:25 PM
Owner

I would like to know how many members are here.

Along with how many would join before the election etc.

My guess is less than 20 people voted in the past.

Does anyone know how to make a poll - I do not.

FF 16M Speciale
Lamborghini SV Roadster
Bentayga 69z28 Healey
post #10 of 12 Old 09-12-2012, 08:40 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Don't know how to set the poll either but here is my information.

Member of the FCA: YES
Willingness to stand for election as a chapter board member: YES
Officially announced willingness to stand for election to Chapter leadership: YES
post #11 of 12 Old 09-12-2012, 08:59 AM
Owner

I am going to make the poll next week - if anyone has anything to add feel free to post it.

Example

FCA Member Mo. and S. ILL Region - Yes / No

Plan on becoming FCA Member before the election - Yes / No

I will nominate or allow another member nominate myself for the Board - Yes / No

FF 16M Speciale
Lamborghini SV Roadster
Bentayga 69z28 Healey
post #12 of 12 Old 09-13-2012, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
Owner

found out that Doug will appear as a candidate on whatever list comes out from the club.

Jeff

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode