World Record for longest baseball game. - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 06-21-2012, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 470
World Record for longest baseball game.

My friend Lance sent me this, seeing if any of you sports fans would like to help out.. Lance is on the STL S.W.A.T. team

Hi All -

The Event: Lance is participating in an event that will raise money for BackStoppers. The Event will be a Guinness World Record for the Longest Baseball Marathon. TR Hughes Ballpark will host the game. The first pitch will occur at 7:00am on July 3rd and the final out will occur around 7:00pm on July 5th - thatís 60 consecutive hours! The two teams that are playing will be made up of ball players, firemen, and police officers. The Group that is organizing the event has raised $140,000 for Cardinal Glennon Childrens Hospital, $100,000 for the Boy's Club and $125,000 for Joplin Relief in previous World Record Games. The goal is to surpass past records both in hours played and in funds raised. All funds raised are going directly to the organization. The event will be paid for by business and individual sponsors.
The Cause: The BackStoppers organization is a 501(c)3 that provides financial assistance to families of Police Officers, Firefighters and Emergency Medical Technicians who have lost their lives in the line of duty. This organization is one that has stepped in and helped the families of several of Lance's friends and colleagues who have made the ultimate sacrifice. I have personally witnessed what BackStoppers does for a family in such a difficult time. In the event of an "in the line of duty" death, BackStoppers' prompt response gives the families some immediate financial relief which allows the families to deal with the emotions of the tragic loss of a loved one. The BackStoppers Inc.

Donations: With this being a cause that is so special to us, Lance is honored to have been extended an invitation to play in this World Record Game. In accepting the invitation to play, Lance also takes on the responsibility for raising money for The BackStoppers. So, we are calling on all of our family and friends to help us meet his fundraising goal (and hopefully surpassing it!).
You can donate directly to BackStoppers on their website using the URL Link below. Please make sure to indicate that your donation is in honor of Lance Coats. Or you can send a check to our house at 5326 Lindenwood Ave, St. Louis MO, 63109. Make the checks payable to the BackStoppers and I will make sure that they get delivered to the organization in a timely manner.
https://dnbweb1.blackbaud.com/OPXDON...2D5BC494878E93

Thank you: Thank you for any donation that you are able to make towards Lance's effort. Lance and I are thankful for the opportunity to raise money for the cause so that BackStoppers can continue their mission.

Play Ball!

Kindest Regards,
Lance and Lynn Coats

Porsche owner, aka "fat cab"

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode