Ferrari Life

Ferrari Life (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/)
-   US Midwest (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/us-midwest/)
-   -   St Louis - Post your spots and events! (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/us-midwest/13253-st-louis-post-your.html)

champagne612 12-01-2010 06:23 PM

St Louis - Post your spots and events!

Show Me State Post Away!

a7xbass94 12-01-2010 07:22 PM

Spot of the Day

3 Attachment(s)
I will join you here Doug..why not..I belong to various forums :) Helps bring visitors to my Flickr and Youtube pages (I am now a Youtube Partner)

So my spot..at Plaza Motors this morning..never seen one before this. Mercedes SLS AMG. Stunning car..sadly all I had was my cellphone camera

By the way..way to spell your 'you' on the title of the thread :)

champagne612 12-02-2010 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a7xbass94 (Post 131000)
I will join you here Doug..why not..I belong to various forums :) Helps bring visitors to my Flickr and Youtube pages (I am now a Youtube Partner)

So my spot..at Plaza Motors this morning..never seen one before this. Mercedes SLS AMG. Stunning car..sadly all I had was my cellphone camera

By the way..way to spell your 'you' on the title of the thread :)

Welcome dude - I was told from some guys at STL Motorsports they can not post on f-chat but for whatever reason they can and do post here. The SLS is gorgeous as I was at the dealer ... must have just missed you.

I think you need to restart the thread as you post all the spots and start clean in 2011.

champagne612 12-02-2010 06:26 PM

There will be a Holiday Party at the Paddock Car Storage in Chesterfield

I will post the date next week.

a7xbass94 12-02-2010 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuvolari612 (Post 131079)
Welcome dude - I was told from some guys at STL Motorsports they can not post on f-chat but for whatever reason they can and do post here. The SLS is gorgeous as I was at the dealer ... must have just missed you.

I think you need to restart the thread as you post all the spots and start clean in 2011.

You were there? When? I was there around 8:30 Weds morning..drove by, saw it, turned in, hopped out, snapped 3 pix, continued on my way. Parking lot was packed at that moment so who knows. Are you talking about this thread or on fchat? I am also on lamborghini talk but I have not found any Stl members..I prefer Lamborghinis over Ferraris...that opinion is both from videos and pictures but also from personal experience...interior of a Gallardo LP560 vs a F430 Spider..LP560 is much more comfortable and nice inside. Sound when revving it - LP560 sounds so much better. And I haven't driven the 430..only the Gallardo. I would take your neighbor's color combo 458 over a Gallardo though..

champagne612 12-02-2010 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a7xbass94 (Post 131082)
You were there? When? I was there around 8:30 Weds morning..drove by, saw it, turned in, hopped out, snapped 3 pix, continued on my way. Parking lot was packed at that moment so who knows. Are you talking about this thread or on fchat? I am also on lamborghini talk but I have not found any Stl members..I prefer Lamborghinis over Ferraris...that opinion is both from videos and pictures but also from personal experience...interior of a Gallardo LP560 vs a F430 Spider..LP560 is much more comfortable and nice inside. Sound when revving it - LP560 sounds so much better. And I haven't driven the 430..only the Gallardo. I would take your neighbor's color combo 458 over a Gallardo though..

Took the Range Rover in and was there at that time. I have seen some pictures of the NEW LP700 - awesome machine and whacks Ferrari all CF. Neighbors 458 is awesome, he added a ton of exterior CF recently ... Ferrari has had a lot of issues with the 458.

The McClaren is going to put a dent in the competition along with the new Lotus line up.

a7xbass94 12-02-2010 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuvolari612 (Post 131083)
Took the Range Rover in and was there at that time. I have seen some pictures of the NEW LP700 - awesome machine and whacks Ferrari all CF. Neighbors 458 is awesome, he added a ton of exterior CF recently ... Ferrari has had a lot of issues with the 458.

The McClaren is going to put a dent in the competition along with the new Lotus line up.

Yea I can't wait for Geneva to roll around..I need to see what it looks like..spy shots don't do it justice. Where did he add CF? I made this really nice interior shot of his car http://www.flickr.com/photos/a7xbass94/5184930305/

And I wonder how big the McLaren will make it in the US because there arent many places that sell them that I know of..And depends if Lotus has the performance to back up their new styling

champagne612 12-02-2010 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a7xbass94 (Post 131084)
Yea I can't wait for Geneva to roll around..I need to see what it looks like..spy shots don't do it justice. Where did he add CF? I made this really nice interior shot of his car http://www.flickr.com/photos/a7xbass94/5184930305/

And I wonder how big the McLaren will make it in the US because there arent many places that sell them that I know of..And depends if Lotus has the performance to back up their new styling

McClaren outperforms Ferrari - with race car heritage!

I still think and it's been confirmed the Scud is the fastest Ferrari to date including the GTO and 458 around the track. The 458 added major lb.s which is ridiculous. The scud at 500 Hp and under 3,000 lb.s is impressive.

There is a Lotus testing at STL - I will find out when they are holding it at Spirit Airport.

All CF additions on the 458 are exterior

a7xbass94 12-02-2010 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuvolari612 (Post 131085)

There is a Lotus testing at STL - I will find out when they are holding it at Spirit Airport.

All CF additions on the 458 are exterior

I will definitely have to be there...I live right there..And I figured..but I am trying to figure out what he could have done..is it like the sideskirts and diffuser?

Andrew 12-02-2010 07:13 PM

a7x, Nice interior 458 shot. Welcome guys to Ferrari Life.

As for McLaren. I think they will be a huge success, it will just take some time for them to build their dealer network out. They are hitting all the major metros: NY, SF, LA, CHI, Dallas can cover most of TX and Tampa dealer will do plenty of business in the south. Chicago dealer will probably be able to support St. Louis, transport for service is what will suck.

champagne612 12-02-2010 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a7xbass94 (Post 131086)
I will definitely have to be there...I live right there..And I figured..but I am trying to figure out what he could have done..is it like the sideskirts and diffuser?

Sideskirts and has the diffuser on order after it dropped from 20 to 12k and the engine bay

Interior - was done a month ago all CF center console etc.

a7xbass94 12-02-2010 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew (Post 131087)

As for McLaren. I think they will be a huge success, it will just take some time for them to build their dealer network out. They are hitting all the major metros: NY, SF, LA, CHI, Dallas can cover most of TX and Tampa dealer will do plenty of business in the south. Chicago dealer will probably be able to support St. Louis, transport for service is what will suck.

True..I am definitely eager to see one. I bet STL Motorsports would be willing to service McLaren since they service Lambo, Ferrari, Bugatti, etc.

a7xbass94 12-02-2010 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuvolari612 (Post 131088)
Sideskirts and has the diffuser on order after it dropped from 20 to 12k and the engine bay

Interior - was done a month ago all CF center console etc.

Sounds sick..I thought the car was perfection already. Also..will you send an email to me for the address? [email protected] I need to send on something to you

champagne612 12-03-2010 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew (Post 131087)

Glad to be here - hopefully a few more midwesterners jump the fence.

Ryan is a huge asset and quite the photographer.

Agreed ... McClaren will push Ferrari hard to produce lighter faster competitive cars.

champagne612 12-04-2010 08:07 AM

Ferrari Club Event

Ferrari Club of America 2011 International Meet
Wednesday, June 8, 2011 at 9:00am

a7xbass94 12-05-2010 12:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Last night a white Mustang Saleen S281 at Chesterfield Mall around 7:45....they sound so good...And today a 1970something Hemi Cuda on Highway T in Labadie, Missouri. Really nicely restored

champagne612 12-05-2010 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a7xbass94 (Post 131219)
Last night a white Mustang Saleen S281 at Chesterfield Mall around 7:45....they sound so good...And today a 1970something Hemi Cuda on Highway T in Labadie, Missouri. Really nicely restored

The Cuda is one of my five to own muscle cars

a7xbass94 12-05-2010 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuvolari612 (Post 131229)
The Cuda is one of my five to own muscle cars

Wish I would have known that a few months ago (if you were even in the market)..one of our family friends owns a restoration shop out in Belleville and they fully restored this beautiful Hemi Cuda..lime green with the billboard decal, black interior, massive engine..

champagne612 12-06-2010 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a7xbass94 (Post 131233)
Wish I would have known that a few months ago (if you were even in the market)..one of our family friends owns a restoration shop out in Belleville and they fully restored this beautiful Hemi Cuda..lime green with the billboard decal, black interior, massive engine..

Ryan you should stop by 140 Long Rd. I have a tenant Details By Design in the building that details all of STL's cars and many other like high end cars. I have another tenant in the building that sells small scale die cast. Design n Motion that hosts car events on a weekly basis, the owner is also the MC for the European Car Show.

a7xbass94 12-08-2010 07:13 PM

Black Aston Martin Rapide today around 4:40..found it on Lindbergh at 40..it was going the same direction as me..followed it onto 40 then onto Ballas..then I went the other way on Ballas..they are so beautiful on the road!