Looking for an business apprenticeship!!!! - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 12-28-2008, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 4
Looking for an business apprenticeship!!!!

Dear Ferrari Life members,

Sorry to write this theard that is off topic. However, I aspire to be a self-made and successful businessman like yourselves and eventually own a Ferrari.

I was wondering if some member of Ferrari Life would take me under the wing so I can become a successful businessmen like them. I have read and studied business theory. However, I would like to put the theory into practice. I currently work as a manager for a landscaping company. As far as upward mobility, I have reached the pinnacle at this small company. I also intend on attending business school so I need successful work experience. Work experience is essential for admission, especially if I plan on attending UCLA’s Anderson or USC’s Marshall School of Business. I have the work ethic and academic capacity to succeed but I am lacking in the work experience. Therefore, I hope you can provide me with this opportunity. Compensation is not the most important factor. I have a Bachelors Degree in Economics with a 3.67 GPA. I graduated as the top student in the Economics Department. If you decide that you are not interested in an apprentice and you know of other successful business men/women that might me interested could you please refer me to them or vise versa. Thank you for reading this thread. I live in southern California. Well, I live in Chino, Ca which is about 35 miles east of Los Angeles.

-Robert

I can be reached at [email protected]

Last edited by Rmart8288; 12-28-2008 at 07:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-29-2008, 09:35 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,192
Unfortunately I am a working stiff at the present: Doing Data base administration...but it pays good.
rik

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #3 of 5 Old 12-30-2008, 10:23 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,627
You could call Bernard Madoff! I hear they now have openings!!!

The reality is that what you ask is not very realistic in today's environment. Most successful people have gotten this way by busting their tails, not taking no for an answer, and by not having anyone following them around.

I do not think it is realistic to expect that by working under someone's wing you will reach the pinnacle!

And let me offer that if Ferrari ownership is your goal, you are approaching this incorrectly.

post #4 of 5 Old 12-30-2008, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 4
Re: Business apprenticeship

Gcalo,

I am a recent college graduate. I donít know anyone successful. My professors helped get the job I currently have. However, they advised me to get a job/apprenticeship under a successful entrepreneur to get work experience and create business/professional connections for professional recommendation so when I apply to business school. My professors will provide me with the academic recommendations. The company I work for will not provide me with the appropriate work experience because my duties are simple. The business is simple so is the finance and most other aspects. There are only 4 employees Ė three of which are full time.

Gcalo how would I approach this? I need help. I want to attend business school but without professional recommendations I will not get into the school of my dreams. I have worked hard academically and professionally to get thru college. I have sacrificed much. Top tier business schools have an unspoken rule: It is not what you know, but who you know.
post #5 of 5 Old 12-30-2008, 12:39 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,627
Forget business schools. You don't need them or the absurd cost.

Bill gates even have a college degree? Did Einstein?

You need to find a niche and work it. There is no magic.

The answer is not in school. You now have the tools. Use them

Be prepared for it to take 20 years though.

BTW, be grateful you have a job!

Last edited by Gcalo; 12-30-2008 at 12:45 PM.