Time to sell my beloved 360. - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 08-26-2015, 09:07 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 145
Time to sell my beloved 360.

My parents died last year (within four days of each other) but did not have their affairs in order. Although I did nothing wrong, I still have to pay $100,000.00 to resolve all of their administrative and legal issues. The car has high miles anyway, so I am willing to take the hit and sell, then purchase a spider later.
I need to figure out the best way to sell the car. Usually there is a long line of people waiting to purchase any car I sell, but in this case, everyone I know that would be interested in the car has a Ferrari already.
The Cliff Notes version is: 2000 360 6-speed, Red/Tan, 92K miles, fully loaded, like new, $55K.
If people start slamming me on this thread, I will simply stop responding. If anyone genuinely wants to know how a car with 92K miles can be considered "like new", I will be more than happy to send them a note.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-26-2015, 09:18 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,317
Sorry to hear of your predicament. Good luck with the sale.

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.
post #3 of 6 Old 08-26-2015, 08:18 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 355
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScuderiaAudio View Post
My parents died last year (within four days of each other) but did not have their affairs in order. Although I did nothing wrong, I still have to pay $100,000.00 to resolve all of their administrative and legal issues. The car has high miles anyway, so I am willing to take the hit and sell, then purchase a spider later.
I need to figure out the best way to sell the car. Usually there is a long line of people waiting to purchase any car I sell, but in this case, everyone I know that would be interested in the car has a Ferrari already.
The Cliff Notes version is: 2000 360 6-speed, Red/Tan, 92K miles, fully loaded, like new, $55K.
If people start slamming me on this thread, I will simply stop responding. If anyone genuinely wants to know how a car with 92K miles can be considered "like new", I will be more than happy to send them a note.
I will push this around my circles and see what we can do. Sorry about your situation. Not fun.

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right." - Abraham Lincoln

post #4 of 6 Old 08-31-2015, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 145
Thanks guys. Well, my girlfriend told me that she'd kill me if I sold the car. I guess that settles that (ha ha!).
So what I meant by "like new" was that the paint is basically perfect, the engine has been completely rebuilt, the transmission has been rebuilt, the intercooler, exhaust manifolds, cats, exhaust, clutch, blah blah blah has been replaced. I always go to insane lengths to make sure that all of my cars are absolutely perfect. This is a no codes, never wrecked, never tracked, etc. car. My baby!
:-)
post #5 of 6 Old 08-31-2015, 11:33 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,192
Quote:
I find that amount of years and mileage a plus, and IF I could, I'd spring for it now as a real possibility: Like you, in an transition of no making of my own. I'm at least a couple years out at my math.

PM Sent.

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #6 of 6 Old 09-11-2015, 02:09 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 115
Quote:
Thanks guys. Well, my girlfriend told me that she'd kill me if I sold the car. I guess that settles that (ha ha!).
So what I meant by "like new" was that the paint is basically perfect, the engine has been completely rebuilt, the transmission has been rebuilt, the intercooler, exhaust manifolds, cats, exhaust, clutch, blah blah blah has been replaced. I always go to insane lengths to make sure that all of my cars are absolutely perfect. This is a no codes, never wrecked, never tracked, etc. car. My baby!
:-)
Look great price, good luck for your sale

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode