Ferraris In Scotland ? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 Old 05-17-2008, 09:25 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 92
Ferraris In Scotland ?

Hello everyone, first time on your forum. I own an 89 328 gts and live in SW Scotland, was wondering if there were any other owners who would like to meet up, coffee and chat, or drive ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 06-05-2008, 01:55 PM
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 956
Knockhill

I hope you know that there will be a good Ferrari presence at Knockhill this weekend for the Classic Speedfair.
post #3 of 29 Old 06-05-2008, 09:13 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,130
Is the FOC active in Scotland ?

post #4 of 29 Old 06-06-2008, 12:39 AM
Elite Member

Hi Boxer, there are members up here but no organised Scottish Group.
The FOC will be at Knockhill for the Classic Speedfair and there will be Pirelli Ferrari Open and Classic races and a Ferrari road car parade and track session.
post #5 of 29 Old 06-06-2008, 09:40 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Thanks For The Information About The Event At Knockhill, Yes I Was Aware Of It Through The Graypaul Garage At Edinburgh, Unfortunately Am At Work And Unable To Attend, Am Waiting To The End Of Year To Join Foc, We Have A Growing Classic Car Show Of Our Own At Moffat Open To Pre 89 Cars, Very Picturesque Area, Anybody Have Views On Fitting Aftermarket Exhausts( Tubi) To 328 Gts, Is It A Wise Move ? Pros And Cons ? Appreciate The Comments .
post #6 of 29 Old 06-09-2008, 07:25 AM
Elite Member

Great weekend at Knockhill, I'll post some photos when I get them sorted out.
post #7 of 29 Old 06-09-2008, 09:51 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Hi Marlin, which one were you ? Moved heaven and earth and got the GTS plus daughter up to knockhill on the sunday.Thoroughly enjoyed it seeing and hearing the P4 was worth it on its own, quite a reasonable turn out, good day, have pictures to will make attempt to get them on.
post #8 of 29 Old 06-09-2008, 11:21 PM
Elite Member

I was hanging around the Ferrari area on Sunday helping out with the parking and parade. Its a shame the P4 and F1 Dino were fakes - looked good though. Photos later.
post #9 of 29 Old 06-10-2008, 08:32 AM Thread Starter
Owner

hi marlin, i meant which car were you driving, after talking to the owner of the two "fakes" in question at length, i think copy and very expensive copies are a kinder term to use. At no time did he try to pass them of as the real thing, and lets face it if they were we would not have seen them at knockhill, to get as close to a boyhood dream, built to exacting standards as the P4 copy was, certainly made my day.
post #10 of 29 Old 06-11-2008, 02:45 AM
Elite Member

Unfortunately I don't have a Ferrari.
I was helping out the FOC with the parking etc.
Maybe 'fakes' is a harsh term - like you say, it costs money to produce a good copy, certainly a step up from your MR2/Datsun rebodies.
I guess this was you enjoying the 'parade'.
Attached Images

post #11 of 29 Old 06-11-2008, 02:50 AM
Elite Member

P4

I am always disappointed that the wheels on the Trentside P4 stick out too far - if it wasn't for that it would be perfect. Always reminds me of a Dino 206/P4 mix.
Attached Images

post #12 of 29 Old 06-11-2008, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
Owner

hi marlin, yes thats me and the daughter in the co-pilot seat with fifi as she calls the 328 ! unfortunately her videoing skills are not quite up to the mark and i have more views of the sky and grass rather than the time spent on the track! i quite agree that the worst point of the trentside copy was the wheels extending to far out ,spoilt the lines. did you get a final count on the number of ferraris that turned up ? spotted three in public car park,plus the dino opposite the tented display.will try to get photos organised.
post #13 of 29 Old 06-11-2008, 10:19 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,928
Beautiful 328, Mr GTS28. I hope that you are enjoying your experiences with it.

Archie
post #14 of 29 Old 06-11-2008, 01:47 PM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Welcome to Ferrari Life. fifi? That is just wrong.
post #15 of 29 Old 06-12-2008, 12:22 AM
Elite Member

Knockhill photos

Some of the hundreds taken
Attached Images

post #16 of 29 Old 06-12-2008, 12:24 AM
Elite Member

And a few more.
Attached Images

post #17 of 29 Old 06-12-2008, 12:42 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
Welcome to Ferrari Life. fifi? That is just wrong.
I can't comment, my son named my 328 Freddie and the Alfa Spider is called Alfie. I used to call my Mercedes POS

Archie
post #18 of 29 Old 06-12-2008, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Hi Archie, thanks for the comments, i have owned her for three years now and put about 6500 trouble free miles on the car and i still love it as much as the first time i saw it , car is an abs 89 model which i bought with 16000 miles and 2 previous owners. As regards the comments on my daughters nickname for her ! well she is only ten years old but she can recognise and recite every model from the 815 onwards ! as im divorced every day we get together involves runs or cleaning the car, she is genuine tifosi and we do have a ferrari life, and as long as she remains interested in all things ferrari who am i to complain. children grow up all to quickly these days so time spent together is precious to me. Has anyone heard the tubi rumore system on a 328 ? am looking to expand the garage, any advice on buying an early model testarossa?
post #19 of 29 Old 06-30-2008, 09:30 AM
Elite Member

Knockhill Ferrari parade

Here's the video of the Ferrari parade -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_3istvPGD8
post #20 of 29 Old 06-30-2008, 12:00 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTS28 View Post
Hi Archie, thanks for the comments, i have owned her for three years now and put about 6500 trouble free miles on the car and i still love it as much as the first time i saw it , car is an abs 89 model which i bought with 16000 miles and 2 previous owners. As regards the comments on my daughters nickname for her ! well she is only ten years old but she can recognise and recite every model from the 815 onwards ! as im divorced every day we get together involves runs or cleaning the car, she is genuine tifosi and we do have a ferrari life, and as long as she remains interested in all things ferrari who am i to complain. children grow up all to quickly these days so time spent together is precious to me. Has anyone heard the tubi rumore system on a 328 ? am looking to expand the garage, any advice on buying an early model testarossa?
Your daughter sounds just like my son. He's obsessed with Ferrari too, has hundreds of die-cast models from the small hot wheels to the larger 1/18's. We had our 328 for 2 years, my son was 3 when I bought it, and he was completely heartbroken when I sold it earlier this year. We are in the process of saving up for another Ferrari, but realistically, it will be next year at the very earliest before I have the funds to buy another. I absolutely loved my 89 ABS GTS and would happily buy another, but I'm still considering an early 355 GTS.
I agree with your sentiments about spending time with your daughter. My son and I spent some very special times together with our 328. Hopefully, funds will permit us to get another, soon. But even if we don't, time spent with him is always special. Make the most of your kids while you can, they'll soon want to be out with their mates instead of their boring old man.

Archie

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode