The sun shone today - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 06-28-2007, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,928
The sun shone today

After weeks of damp and wet conditions I was beginning to think I wouldn't get the 328 out of the garage ever again. It's nearly 4 weeks since I last drove her

I woke up at 6.00 AM this morning, looked out of my bedroom window and it was a beautiful day with clear blue skies. I could already feel the excitement in my stomach. I switched on the TV, watched BBC Breakfast News for a bit until the weather forcast came on, 'Clear skies and sun in the morning, sunny intervals in the afternoon'. Looking good.

7.30 ish, time to leave for work, today I had to go to Northampton, roughly 45 miles away, mmm, that would be a nice run out for the 328 and chance to blow away a few cobwebs. Should I?

Still I picked up my Audi keys, opened my double garage door looked at the Audi and glanced across at the red cotton covered shape next to it.

Time to go back to the house and get the F's keys.

I started thinking to myself, I bet she won't start, I hadn't even turned her over for the last month as I've been away on holiday and spent several weekends away with work and my family. But first turn of the key, slight blip on the gas and she fired up first time. Today was going to be a good day.

I left her idling on the drive for a few minutes to give things a chance to warm up (gearbox oil and the notorious first few shifts into 2nd).

7.45 Time to go. It was great to be sat behind the wheel of her again, I had really missed it over the last few weeks. I could feel the smile on my face getting larger and larger with every second.

When I'm in the 328, I normally avoid motorways as they aren't much fun, today I was going to use the back roads.

I gave her 10 miles or so to warm the engine oil upto 160, now it was time for some fun. At which point I was just about to join a trunk road which has a 1 mile section of dual carriageway up a steep hill. As I approached the junction to join I could see it was clear to join and the road ahead up the hill was clear.

7000 RPM sounds wonderful, I'd forgotten what it sounded like, I can go almost as fast up the hill in my Audi, but it doesn't sound the same. Oh how I had missed that sound in the last month. Why can't every day be sunny? Well, I am going to make the most of today.

Now as I type this, It's raining again - but it was a good day.

Archie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-29-2007, 12:21 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 271
It is good.
I was at home yesterday. I only started it as I had not time to take it anywhere.

It made me chuckle reading about "starting first time". At the mo mine does not, I reckon there are problems with the immobiliser. Thing is it will start it just takes a few goes

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode