Ferrari Life

Ferrari Life (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/)
-   UK (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/uk/)
-   -   FOC GB nat meet & Concours (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/uk/6162-foc-gb-nat-meet.html)

marlin 07-20-2007 10:57 AM

Thanks for the comments, fun per pound is the way to look at it. I think it cost me about 2000 when I first built it, and it hasn't cost me that much since - not that I've been adding up ! :)
The good thing is that I know where everything is cause I put it there in the first place ;)

Andrew 07-23-2007 09:34 PM

marlin,

That looks like a really fun car to drive. Great job on the build!

Boxer 08-13-2007 07:33 AM

Assuming the weather is decent, I will definitely be going. Debating right now on if I will enter the car in the concours. All that polishing and cleaning sounds like a lot of work just to secure a good parking place;) .

If Andrew's FerrariLife stickers arrive in time, I will try to put one on the car.

archiegibbs 08-13-2007 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boxer (Post 55564)
Assuming the weather is decent, I will definitely be going. Debating right now on if I will enter the car in the concours. All that polishing and cleaning sounds like a lot of work just to secure a good parking place;) .

If Andrew's FerrariLife stickers arrive in time, I will try to put one on the car.

You're a very brave man Boxer. You must have too much time on your hands;) If you need any help polishing it, I can lend you my 4 yr old son;)

Andrew 08-13-2007 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boxer (Post 55564)
Assuming the weather is decent, I will definitely be going. Debating right now on if I will enter the car in the concours. All that polishing and cleaning sounds like a lot of work just to secure a good parking place;) .

If Andrew's FerrariLife stickers arrive in time, I will try to put one on the car.

When is the event? Looks like I need to get my a$$ in gear for the UK stickers.

Boxer 08-13-2007 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by archiegibbs (Post 55568)
You're a very brave man Boxer. You must have too much time on your hands;) If you need any help polishing it, I can lend you my 4 yr old son;)

What is minimum wage for a 4 year old ?

Boxer 08-13-2007 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew (Post 55576)
When is the event? Looks like I need to get my a$$ in gear for the UK stickers.

September 23rd

archiegibbs 08-13-2007 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boxer (Post 55577)
What is minimum wage for a 4 year old ?

Boxer, I wouldn't worry about paying him, he doesn't need money, he's got a dad.

Anyway, after he's dropped his cloth on the floor several times and wiped the grit and gravel into your nice paintwork, I'll probably owe you several thousand 's for a new paint job:(

Boxer 08-13-2007 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by archiegibbs (Post 55586)
Boxer, Anyway, after he's dropped his cloth on the floor several times and wiped the grit and gravel into your nice paintwork, I'll probably owe you several thousand 's for a new paint job:(

He doesn't have workers liability insurance ???

archiegibbs 08-13-2007 01:36 PM

No insurance company would take on the risk. I would say he 'self insures', but it's more like 'dad insures'.

How difficult is it to prepare a car for the concours?
I was always under the impression that you had to clean the engine and inside the wheel arches and everywhere else that's impossible to get to with a toothbrush.
If it's just a matter of giving it a quick wash and wax I might stick the 328 in (unaided by my son).

Andrew 08-13-2007 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by archiegibbs (Post 55601)
No insurance company would take on the risk. I would say he 'self insures', but it's more like 'dad insures'.

How difficult is it to prepare a car for the concours?
I was always under the impression that you had to clean the engine and inside the wheel arches and everywhere else that's impossible to get to with a toothbrush.
If it's just a matter of giving it a quick wash and wax I might stick the 328 in (unaided by my son).

How serious are you about winning a medal? If you just want to enjoy the day don't go crazy trying to make your car prefect. Clean and wash it the day before like you would any other day you wash your car and take a show room spray you can apply the day of when you park it at the event.

archiegibbs 08-14-2007 12:03 AM

Do you have to clean the engine bay and engine? That's the bit I don't fancy doing, not that it's particularly dirty, it's just very fiddly.

Boxer 08-14-2007 09:13 AM

All in all, sounds like way to much work.

archiegibbs 08-14-2007 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boxer (Post 55636)
All in all, sounds like way to much work.

IBID !!!! As per your reply a few days ago

Boxer 08-17-2007 10:45 PM

Do we have a count on who is going ?

Any suggestions on how and where to meet ?

I should be easy to find, I will be driving a red mid engine Ferrari......

archiegibbs 08-17-2007 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boxer (Post 55879)
I should be easy to find, I will be driving a red mid engine Ferrari......

You'll stick out like a sore thumb then:)

I'm going, but can't speak for anyone else (although I suspect Jonathan will be there in his official capacity)

Marlin, Malc, T1f, Al - any of you making the trip? Any other's from the Uk or Europe?

marlin 08-17-2007 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boxer (Post 55879)
Do we have a count on who is going ?

Any suggestions on how and where to meet ?

I should be easy to find, I will be driving a red mid engine Ferrari......

Which one are you bringing ? :)

Boxer 08-18-2007 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marlin (Post 55888)
Which one are you bringing ? :)

It will depend on the weather.

archiegibbs 08-18-2007 02:40 AM

Al, don't forget to take your Top Trumps, I'll bring my Ferrari/Shell cards:D

alsaautomotive 08-18-2007 09:23 AM

Will do Arch:thumbup:
As long as I'm not massively behind with anything I'll definetely be there.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
Copyright 2012 ONE Media, Inc.
FerrariLife is independently run with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA
Ferrari for Sale | Maserati for Sale