FOC Concours 2009 - Pictures - Ferrari Life
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 Old 06-29-2009, 01:43 AM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member
 
t1fosI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: London, UK.
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,733
FOC Concours 2009 - Pictures

Good event yesterday, great to see everyone! Lots of serious eye candy including 4 new Californias (Bianco, Rosso, Grigio & Giallo), 3 F50s, 2 Enzos, but highlight of the day has to be the 8, yes Eight 288GTOs (or was it Nine?).

Pics to follow...

.

Last edited by t1fosI; 06-29-2009 at 02:16 AM. Reason: Cannot count!
t1fosI is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 27 Old 06-29-2009, 02:08 AM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member
 
t1fosI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: London, UK.
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,733
Post some more later...
Attached Images
                 
t1fosI is offline  
post #3 of 27 Old 06-29-2009, 08:41 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member
 
Boxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: UK & Texas
Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Looks like it was a realy fun day. Any pictures of the 3 F50s together?
Boxer is offline  
 
post #4 of 27 Old 06-29-2009, 11:27 PM
Owner
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Ferrari Life Posts: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
Looks like it was a realy fun day. Any pictures of the 3 F50s together?
No because they weren't parked together.

Jonathan
jtremlett is offline  
post #5 of 27 Old 06-30-2009, 12:36 AM
Owner
 
JazzyO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtremlett View Post
No because they weren't parked together.

Jonathan
Opportunity lost!

Interesting to see that SPY500 plate on a new California - I've seen it on a real 250LWB California (#1253) for sale at Talacrest. Obviously it was only stuck on the new Cali for the day (it is illegal to drive with those classic plates on a new car).


Onno



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Attached Images
 
JazzyO is offline  
post #6 of 27 Old 06-30-2009, 01:06 AM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member
 
t1fosI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: London, UK.
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,733
I have no idea who organises the parking/display but it is very claustrophobic, the cars are too close together, this year was worse than last year. They really need to get it sorted.

I am given to understand the SPY500 plate belongs to Chris Evans (he who paid the exorbitant amount for the James Coburn California), the Yellow Cali in the pictures is apparently his car. The Talacrest Connection - they advised him on the purchase of the Coburn California. The Black/Silver plates are indeed illiegal on cars post '73 (I think).


.
t1fosI is offline  
post #7 of 27 Old 06-30-2009, 01:38 AM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member
 
t1fosI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: London, UK.
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,733
More pictures...
Attached Images
                 
t1fosI is offline  
post #8 of 27 Old 06-30-2009, 01:42 AM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member
 
t1fosI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: London, UK.
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,733
...
Attached Images
                   
t1fosI is offline  
post #9 of 27 Old 06-30-2009, 01:50 AM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member
 
t1fosI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: London, UK.
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,733
.-.
Attached Images
                 
t1fosI is offline  
post #10 of 27 Old 06-30-2009, 01:52 AM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member
 
t1fosI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: London, UK.
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,733
._.
Attached Images
     
t1fosI is offline  
post #11 of 27 Old 06-30-2009, 02:16 AM
Owner
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Ferrari Life Posts: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyO View Post
Opportunity lost!
Yes, but to be fair, they didn't know 3 were coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1fosI View Post
I have no idea who organises the parking/display but it is very claustrophobic, the cars are too close together, this year was worse than last year. They really need to get it sorted.
I'm so glad you said that. I thought exactly the same but wondered if it was just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1fosI View Post
I am given to understand the SPY500 plate belongs to Chris Evans (he who paid the exorbitant amount for the James Coburn California), the Yellow Cali in the pictures is apparently his car. The Talacrest Connection - they advised him on the purchase of the Coburn California. The Black/Silver plates are indeed illiegal on cars post '73 (I think).


.
Chris Evans does indeed own (and indeed arrived in) the yellow California (the white 288 and white 250 SWB present on Sunday also belong to him). He is also very good friends with John Collins of Talacrest and, indeed, has recently bought John's house as well as many cars from him. He does/did also own the green 250 California LWB that Onno pictured and which is currently for sale through Talacrest and is actually physically in Maranello's Egham showroom. It is stunningly beautiful (unlike its fat, bloated modern namesake) and not just because I approve of green Ferraris

Jonathan
jtremlett is offline  
post #12 of 27 Old 06-30-2009, 02:22 AM
Owner
 
Italian Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Far end of the P pond
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Thanx a bunch, T1fosI !!! Beautiful setting with sea of exotic cars. Nice weather too, it seems. w/ smiles Jimmy
Italian Lover is offline  
post #13 of 27 Old 06-30-2009, 06:36 AM
Owner
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: United Kingdom
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,928
T1f,
Wonderful photo's, much better than the ones I took so I won't post mine now. Looks like there was a gorgeous metallic nero 308 GTS there too

Nice to meet up with you again, and JT, Marlin, PBB, Angelis and anyone else I've forgotten.

Archie
archiegibbs is offline  
post #14 of 27 Old 06-30-2009, 09:42 AM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member
 
t1fosI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: London, UK.
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtremlett View Post

I'm so glad you said that. I thought exactly the same but wondered if it was just me.
Maybe we should organise the parking next year! They had so much space and yet so little imagination...did I miss the Verde 550?

'Green' Ferraris remind me of a trashy Jackie Colins 'novel' I read when I was 16!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Chen Shiba DDS View Post
Thanx a bunch, T1fosI !!! Beautiful setting with sea of exotic cars. Nice weather too, it seems. w/ smiles Jimmy
You're welcome Jimmy! It was nice and sunny and also very hot , I think you can see the haze in the pictures. You should add the FOC to the European Tour you're planning for next year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiegibbs View Post
T1f,
Wonderful photo's, much better than the ones I took so I won't post mine now. Looks like there was a gorgeous metallic nero 308 GTS there too

Nice to meet up with you again, and JT, Marlin, PBB, Angelis and anyone else I've forgotten.
It was good to see you also Arch! The 308 is sublime, sounds great, looks great, the seating position was very much to my taste LOL! Mate, I reckon you have to get Tom a pocket digicam for his birthday so he can log his extensive knowledge of Ferraris!

Re the photos, I wish I had the polarised lens that I bought specially on Friday AND paid extra for special delivery on Sat morning that I then forgot to make sure someone was home to sign for .

Archie lets see your pictures and I also want to see Marlins and JTs!!


.
t1fosI is offline  
post #15 of 27 Old 06-30-2009, 12:18 PM
Owner
 
JazzyO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtremlett View Post
It is stunningly beautiful (unlike its fat, bloated modern namesake) and not just because I approve of green Ferraris;
I agree - I've been eyeing it for quite a while. I wonder why it's been sale for so long.

@t1fosI - thanks for all the great pics, absolutely stunning cars there.

As for a little trivia spot - I noticed that the gorgeous silver 250 LWB Cali is the same car that Vicky Butler - Henderson drove in the Fifth Gear "Favourite Ferrari" episode in 2003. How sad am I?

Forgot to mention: lovely 330GTS as well!


Onno



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Last edited by JazzyO; 06-30-2009 at 12:27 PM.
JazzyO is offline  
post #16 of 27 Old 06-30-2009, 12:55 PM
Owner
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: United Kingdom
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,928
Here are some of mine, sorry for any repeats that T1f has already posted.
Attached Images
                   

Archie
archiegibbs is offline  
post #17 of 27 Old 06-30-2009, 01:01 PM
Owner
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: United Kingdom
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,928
And a few more. Forgot to say earlier, my highlight was the 250LM, my all time favorite Ferrari.

T1f, I'm sure I counted 9 288GTO's., Marlin or JT will probably clarify.

I bumped into Marlin a couple of times, and he was very excited because there were lots of GTO's and 250's he hadn't seen before
Attached Images
                   

Archie
archiegibbs is offline  
post #18 of 27 Old 06-30-2009, 09:28 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member
 
Boxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: UK & Texas
Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiegibbs View Post
And a few more. Forgot to say earlier, my highlight was the 250LM, my all time favorite Ferrari.

T1f, I'm sure I counted 9 288GTO's., Marlin or JT will probably clarify.

I bumped into Marlin a couple of times, and he was very excited because there were lots of GTO's and 250's he hadn't seen before
+1 on the 250 LM. Stunning looking car. Definitely in the Top 10.
Boxer is offline  
post #19 of 27 Old 06-30-2009, 11:06 PM
Owner
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Ferrari Life Posts: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by t1fosI View Post
Maybe we should organise the parking next year! They had so much space and yet so little imagination...did I miss the Verde 550?.
Yes to the first bit and no to the second. I brought the 348 rather than the 550.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1fosI View Post
Archie lets see your pictures and I also want to see Marlins and JTs!!
Don't have time to sort through them at the moment... and I'm away tomoroow morning for a long weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyO View Post
I agree - I've been eyeing it for quite a while. I wonder why it's been sale for so long...
I don't know, although it won't be cheap, of course.

Archie: Yes there were 9 288 GTOs.

Still haven't met Tif or Marlin I blame Archie for not pointing them out to me.

Jonathan
jtremlett is offline  
post #20 of 27 Old 06-30-2009, 11:26 PM
Owner
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: United Kingdom
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtremlett View Post
Still haven't met Tif or Marlin I blame Archie for not pointing them out to me.

Jonathan

I would have done, but every time I bumped into you, you were rushing around like a blue arsed fly.

I saw comrade Vulcan-F40's 512TR was parked a couple of rows in front of me, but I never met him

Archie
archiegibbs is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
Copyright 2012 ONE Media, Inc.
FerrariLife is independently run with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA
Ferrari for Sale | Maserati for Sale